Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

And how did the Eagles lie to him?

He got a pay rise. So how much is he on now?

You seem to be in the know.

Barrass tested the trade waters last year. After signing an extension his manager advised against signing.

Barrass is allegedly a smart bloke. Very high IQ. He didn't act that way when he signed that long term agreement. Even after getting an uplift.

So what is it? Does the manager hate money?

And how did the Eagles lie to him?

He got a pay rise. So how much is he on now?

You seem to be in the know.

Barrass tested the trade waters last year. After signing an extension his manager advised against signing.

Barrass is allegedly a smart bloke. Very high IQ. He didn't act that way when he signed that long term agreement. Even after getting an uplift.
Wasn’t there a “handshake” between himself and the previous management that his pay would increase by a certain amount and this new management have told him no!
Stupid on his behalf if true not to get it in writing some how, but he’s a senior player and had a bit of trust in the club, no wonder he’s pissed off and wants out!

Wasn’t there a “handshake” between himself and the previous management that his pay would increase by a certain amount and this new management have told him no!
Stupid on his behalf if true not to get it in writing some how, but he’s a senior player and had a bit of trust in the club, no wonder he’s pissed off and wants out!
Seems a culture thing. Very poor.

This is why I questioned the desperate narrative. Both clubs appear to have irons in multiple fires, there might be other priority targets that haven't hit the media. Some deals hinge on others, nothing new here.

We won't find out till closer to trade period.

This is why I questioned the desperate narrative. Both clubs appear to have irons in multiple fires, there might be other priority targets that haven't hit the media. Some deals hinge on others, nothing new here.

We won't find out till closer to trade period.

This deal seems to be hinging on us getting a top 5 pick for Barrass, in addition to our first and second ;)

This deal seems to be hinging on us getting a top 5 pick for Barrass, in addition to our first and second ;)
This story got leaked pretty early.

You keep hearing this and that everyday obviously you start to use those opinions to formulate your own, what fan wouldn't want maximum value.

But there is more to it than just getting maximum value, I mentioned earlier would WC walk away from a first Rd pick, maybe they will maybe they won't. It depends on other things on top of the value they have put on Barrass.

Maybe they need to move pieces for other deals thats a higher long term priority for the club, maybe resigning Edwards was on the back of movement in the best 22, or maybe a certain price is the no.1 priority over all others.

Just saying there is other variables to consider from BOTH clubs which we won't know about until silly season really kicks off.

And now you are just making up stuff.

Your on a roll buddy.

Lies No GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been told although the Hawks hold interest it's not a priority for them. Barrass himself is using the Hawks to leverage a significant deal for himself, and WCE are 50/50 on pushing him out to get picks.

But believe all you want with the media and Hawks being guarantees to land him. My sources at Hawks are from the horses mouth themselves

Been told although the Hawks hold interest it's not a priority for them. Barrass himself is using the Hawks to leverage a significant deal for himself, and WCE are 50/50 on pushing him out to get picks.

But believe all you want with the media and Hawks being guarantees to land him. My sources at Hawks are from the horses mouth themselves
Absolutely not true. Barrass has walked out on the club now, he's not coming back.

Hawks will have pick #12- #16 on the table and the eagles will just take it , They have reneged on a handshake agreement and lost confidence in barrass and if doesnt want to be there then they will just take the pick and move on

29 year old with back issues thats not happy is not a player you wantb to keep on the list
Ypu don't even remotely get how the trading works. But keep trying. Barrass is elite in his position and contracted.

Hawks will put Barrass though a medical so his back will have to be considered manageable or a trade won't go ahead anyway so jis back issues won't effect his trade value if he passes the medical.

For the same reason Bolton will likely get you two excellent picks at the trade table Barrass has more value then the pick you are proposing. WC can knock back a low ball offer and Barrass stays at WC for the exact same reason Richmond can do the same if Bolton or Rioli request a trade just like Papley a few years ago.

If you were told that the club wasn't able to pay more and then guys like McGovern and Yeo were paid more you might be feeling like you were deceived.

I'd be hesistant to use first round draft picks. We still require elite talent and as good as Barrass will be for a couple of years we should utilise these picks on younger draftees. Battle and Perryman should be definites.

Wowee a bit of back and forth.

WCE will need to rightfully play hard ball and target 2 firsts - I don’t think that being the opening stanza is unrealistic, I doubt that’s where it lands.

They’ll sort something out - need TB gone now, the guy has had his eye on the door for too long and that’s how you build a revolving door culture like Freo.

…or Hawthorn can just hang onto Brian Lake and back themselves in I guess.

Wowee a bit of back and forth.

WCE will need to rightfully play hard ball and target 2 firsts - I don’t think that being the opening stanza is unrealistic, I doubt that’s where it lands.

They’ll sort something out - need TB gone now, the guy has had his eye on the door for too long and that’s how you build a revolving door culture like Freo.

…or Hawthorn can just hang onto Brian Lake and back themselves in I guess.
2 firsts is too greater price whether he is worth it or not. I agree he'll be out the door quicksmart though.

I'd be hesistant to use first round draft picks. We still require elite talent and as good as Barrass will be for a couple of years we should utilise these picks on younger draftees. Battle and Perryman should be definites.
Im a Dockers supporter and I think you're severely underestimating Barrass. At times in recent season its looked like we were intentionally kicking to him and he was on our team. In my opinion if you got him you'd be Premiership favourites heading into next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back