Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wowee a bit of back and forth.

WCE will need to rightfully play hard ball and target 2 firsts - I don’t think that being the opening stanza is unrealistic, I doubt that’s where it lands.

They’ll sort something out - need TB gone now, the guy has had his eye on the door for too long and that’s how you build a revolving door culture like Freo.

…or Hawthorn can just hang onto Brian Lake and back themselves in I guess.
I very much doubt anyone saying Barrass is worth less than the Hawks first with something else added in has watched Barrass play much in recent years. Add him to the Hawks it fees up Sicily to play the intercept role and their chances of winning a Premiership significantly improve significantly.

I very much doubt anyone saying Barrass is worth less than the Hawks first with something else added in has watched Barrass play much in recent years. Add him to the Hawks it fees up Sicily to play the intercept role and their chances of winning a Premiership significantly improve significantly.
Fantastic player and worth 2 first rounders I think though the Hawks need to be mindful of not utilising picks on young draftees.

my brother meet Cyril in kununurra a few weeks ago and asked him about Hawthorn and he said he loves the club and will always be a Hawthorn person.
Try again 👍
The ABC reporting just how much Cyril loves the club

In short - the article says

In short:​

AFL premiership star Cyril Rioli has lodged a racism claim in the Federal Court against Hawthorn Football Club after mediation at the Australian Human Rights Commission broke down.

Rioli's claim is on behalf of himself, his wife Shannyn AhSam-Rioli and several others.

AFL premiership star Cyril Rioli has lodged a racism claim in the Federal Court against Hawthorn Football Club after mediation at the Australian Human Rights Commission broke down.

Rioli's claim is on behalf of himself, his wife Shannyn AhSam-Rioli and several others.
Well unless he lies to people’s face I’ll believe what my brother told me

In all seriousness, West Coast and Hawks are 2 clubs well known to get their targets. Each year, both supporters feel their club was weak at the negotiating table. Yet when they go to the table, both clubs normally get their targets.

Is that being weak? Is that being spineless? I call it damned good business. Once a player commits to a club, they and their agent know the deal will likely be a success.

Sometimes it is good to look to a neutral to get perspective. Gettable this week - when the pick was looking in the range of 7 to 9, that alone was probably enough. Now that it looks like an early teens pick, then it needs a sweetener. To calculate the difference, what is the cost on draft night to go up 5 to 6 spots from 12/14 up to 7/8? At least a decent second rounder.

For the record, input through my Claremont connections, Tom has no gripe with the club. He is vice captain and ready to stay if the deal cannot be done. He understands that to earn the bigger dollars, he will need to go elsewhere. He is also ambitious which is why the Hawks appeal but Dogs still a fall-back option. Nick Gieschen (who also manages Harley Reid) is one of the better player managers and unlike Colin Young, he does not negotiate through the media, and he usually gets the trades done

Player Sponsor Mikayla Western and Jamie Cripps (B2B)

Not worth getting into- on the surface the evidence suggests Rioli has some trauma resulting from his time at the HFC. Back to Barrass....I still feel we will give the WCE two first rounders...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These eagles supporters have lost the plot. They probably still think Gaff and Darling are worth something.
Darling is worth about the same as Gunston

Gaff has retired so worth as much as Wingard

Not sure you are adding much to the debate

Darling is worth about the same as Gunston

Gaff has retired so worth as much as Wingard

Not sure you are adding much to the debate
Just stating how much you lot over rate your players worth. Please never mention Gunston in the same sentence as that spud Darling. Darling hasn’t done anything for years. Yet Gunston still more than contributes, like another bag of 5 on the weekend.

In all seriousness, West Coast and Hawks are 2 clubs well known to get their targets. Each year, both supporters feel their club was weak at the negotiating table. Yet when they go to the table, both clubs normally get their targets.

Is that being weak? Is that being spineless? I call it damned good business. Once a player commits to a club, they and their agent know the deal will likely be a success.

Sometimes it is good to look to a neutral to get perspective. Gettable this week - when the pick was looking in the range of 7 to 9, that alone was probably enough. Now that it looks like an early teens pick, then it needs a sweetener. To calculate the difference, what is the cost on draft night to go up 5 to 6 spots from 12/14 up to 7/8? At least a decent second rounder.

For the record, input through my Claremont connections, Tom has no gripe with the club. He is vice captain and ready to stay if the deal cannot be done. He understands that to earn the bigger dollars, he will need to go elsewhere. He is also ambitious which is why the Hawks appeal but Dogs still a fall-back option. Nick Gieschen (who also manages Harley Reid) is one of the better player managers and unlike Colin Young, he does not negotiate through the media, and he usually gets the trades done

Player Sponsor Mikayla Western and Jamie Cripps (B2B)
I agree. If the general tone by both sets of supporters is ‘we got bent over’, it’s probably an indication that the deal is fair to both parties.

You have enough money. I'm sure he'll be good for two or three more years.
He will be good for at least 4 more years apparently going by the offer the Hawks have in front of him.

We arent just going to pay him hundreds of thousands more and add years to his contract because he asked. He signed a deal and we gave him a bonus already lol, we have done our bit

He will be good for at least 4 more years apparently going by the offer the Hawks have in front of him.

We arent just going to pay him hundreds of thousands more and add years to his contract because he asked. He signed a deal and we gave him a bonus already lol, we have done our bit
So you admit your paying him unders and yet in the same breath demand 2 first? Shows how much you value him...🤔

Just stating how much you lot over rate your players worth. Please never mention Gunston in the same sentence as that spud Darling. Darling hasn’t done anything for years. Yet Gunston still more than contributes, like another bag of 5 on the weekend.
Come back when spud Gunston has kicked as many goals as Darling.

Until then, shut your trap.

So you admit your paying him unders and yet in the same breath demand 2 first? Shows how much you value him...🤔
He signed a deal a couple of years ago and was happy with it at the time. Its only unders because of the increased value of a good KPD in the last year or 2 and the bigger salary cap.

We gave him a bump, but if someone else wants to give him more then good I hope he goes and gets better paid. Just need the club to be appropriately compensated too

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back