Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

2 firsts is too greater price whether he is worth it or not. I agree he'll be out the door quicksmart though.
It probably is (although your picks are rapidly losing value as you fly up the ladder) but that will rightly be our starting point and you can work around that.

Ypu don't even remotely get how the trading works. But keep trying. Barrass is elite in his position and contracted.

Hawks will put Barrass though a medical so his back will have to be considered manageable or a trade won't go ahead anyway so jis back issues won't effect his trade value if he passes the medical.

For the same reason Bolton will likely get you two excellent picks at the trade table Barrass has more value then the pick you are proposing. WC can knock back a low ball offer and Barrass stays at WC for the exact same reason Richmond can do the same if Bolton or Rioli request a trade just like Papley a few years ago.
29 year old with history of back issues

nah i get it pick 12 is about right

He will be good for at least 4 more years apparently going by the offer the Hawks have in front of him.

We arent just going to pay him hundreds of thousands more and add years to his contract because he asked. He signed a deal and we gave him a bonus already lol, we have done our bit
You guys promised it to him, it may have been a different group in charge but if West Coast actually wanted to keep him they would be. I think you are being naïve if you don't think the Eagles are very willing to let him look elsewhere.

Come back when spud Gunston has kicked as many goals as Darling.

Until then, shut your trap.
LOL

darling played 50 more games than Gunston and has 50 more goals
both have 1 x AA with Darling 1 premiership and Gunston 3 premierships

Your calling Gunston a spud
FMD

LOL

darling played 50 more games than Gunston and has 50 more goals
both have 1 x AA with Darling 1 premiership and Gunston 3 premierships

Your calling Gunston a spud
FMD
Gunston continually lifted in Finals and was arguably our most consistent player over the 3 straight grand finals. Incredibly unlucky not to have a Norm Smith. Also had countless games where he was influential up the ground behind the ball in major moments. Darling will probably retire with more goals but that is about the only thing he will have over him.

Gunston continually lifted in Finals and was arguably our most consistent player over the 3 straight grand finals. Incredibly unlucky not to have a Norm Smith. Also had countless games where he was influential up the ground behind the ball in major moments. Darling will probably retire with more goals but that is about the only thing he will have over him.
Billy Frampton will retire with more premiership medals than Nathan Buckley.

Guess he's had the better career.

Wow this thread some strange takes both ways. Jeremy Cameron was 3 late firsts with 2 seconds going back at 27 years old. 2 firsts for Tom Barrass is pure comedy. As I said a few days ago one teens first and a pick swap in favour of the eagles something like an f2 for f3 is where it will land.
Oh and the darling Gunston comparison probably the worst take of them all. Putting aside flags and never choking in grand finals Gunston has kicked 27 vs 20 this year from 5 less games when people said he was cooked.😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Frampton will retire with more premiership medals than Nathan Buckley.

Guess he's had the better career.
I didn't say that, keep up the strawmans though. He was not a role player in a great team, he was an integral part of one of the greatest teams of all time who had an incredible GF when we needed him most. Gunston a much much more reliable player, more versatile, lifted more in big games. He is a better player.

I didn't say that, keep up the strawmans though. He was not a role player in a great team, he was an integral part of one of the greatest teams of all time who had an incredible GF when we needed him most. Gunston a much much more reliable player, more versatile, lifted more in big games. He is a better player.
We literally don't win in 2018 if Darling doesn't channel Wayne Carey in the third.

Obviously Gunston's not a spud, he's a very good player.

Would I take him over peak Darling?

Nope.

People are welcome to disagree.

We literally don't win in 2018 if Darling doesn't channel Wayne Carey in the third.

Obviously Gunston's not a spud, he's a very good player.

Would I take him over peak Darling?

Nope.

People are welcome to disagree.
The fact that a 12 disposal and 1 goal game in a GF is your counter argument to why he is better than Gunston says everything already.

Anyway i won't take the thread anymore off topic than it already is.

He’s actually not entitled to look around as he’s contracted! He’s been given the green light to look around!
Guess you can't ever change careers then, because you have to have signed an employment contract.

How's the last 60 years in the sausage factory worked out for you?

The fact that a 12 disposal and 1 goal game in a GF is your counter argument to why he is better than Gunston says everything already.

Anyway i won't take the thread anymore off topic than it already is.
Watch the third quarter.

We actually had to face off against a very good MCG tenant in their own dungheap, unlike Hawks who freely beat up on interstate teams at their own home when 2 of their flags they got an undeserved HGA.

But you're right, moving on...

Cool.

So is the Hawks supporter I quoted who called Darling a spud.

Even now?
I really dont care what the hawks supporter quoted as i replied to your post

25 year old darling v a 25 year old Gunston
Ill take Jack Gunston every day of the week

Chill.

Can't wait to read the silly arguments about Gunstan V Darling for 3 more pages. That might need it's own thread :)

P.s. we all know who the better player is...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back