Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

OK let’s avoid pages of off topic nonsense and agree on these things:
1. All clubs posters overate their players
2. Barrass will get to the hawks for less than the eagles posters want and more than the hawks posters want to give
3. We are all “champs”
😉
Finally, someone reasonable.

Lol, Hawks supporters are doing very well to remind us in this thread why they were universally despised not too long ago.
The pot shots and shit flinging are coming from both sides of the fence LMFAO. Neither side is covering themselves in glory

The **** does Jack Darling and Gunston (both outstanding careers) have to do with Tom Barrass haha

“Tom hasn’t been able to train for a couple of weeks with his back,” Eagles high performance manager Matt Inness said.
“Because he hasn’t trained for two-to-three weeks he hasn’t done enough to play this week.”

I mean you're not even hiding it. Dodgy back... We got Lake for a fourth rounder, how much is he really worth?

“Tom hasn’t been able to train for a couple of weeks with his back,” Eagles high performance manager Matt Inness said.
“Because he hasn’t trained for two-to-three weeks he hasn’t done enough to play this week.”

I mean you're not even hiding it. Dodgy back... We got Lake for a fourth rounder, how much is he really worth?
You got Lake for a 3rd rounder and an early 2nd, with a mid 2nd going back.

But yes, if the club is openly saying his back is troubling him then they're doing themselves a disservice. I still think a first round pick is involved but it won't be much more than that.

But yes, if the club is openly saying his back is troubling him then they're doing themselves a disservice. I still think a first round pick is involved but it won't be much more than that.
See, the problem is you think the medical team is telling the truth. WC supporters stopped believing them long ago.

See, the problem is you think the medical team is telling the truth. WC supporters stopped believing them long ago.
true they would definitely lie about the guy who had a serious back injury struggling with his back just before he was about to request a trade...

evil GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, you obviously have it all sussed out
Why would they lie about that LMFAO?

If you are just going to choose not to believe anything you don't like i won't bother. They have no reason to benefit from saying that. The more likely option is the guy with a serious back injury that he has said himself he needs to manage every day is actually just giving him some trouble.

My initial reaction was that it was completely stupid to include that on the injury report, considering all of the smoke and mirrors that my club usually deals with in that space. Then again, maybe its pointless trying to hide it as no doubt Tom will do extensive medicals at the Dogs and Hawks before any deal is done.

It's his hamstring mate, not his vertebrae.

Pretty sure Brian was older at the time, costing a first and second, albeit in a heavilly comprismised (GWS) draft.

Wow this thread some strange takes both ways. Jeremy Cameron was 3 late firsts with 2 seconds going back at 27 years old. 2 firsts for Tom Barrass is pure comedy. As I said a few days ago one teens first and a pick swap in favour of the eagles something like an f2 for f3 is where it will land.
Oh and the darling Gunston comparison probably the worst take of them all. Putting aside flags and never choking in grand finals Gunston has kicked 27 vs 20 this year from 5 less games when people said he was cooked.😂
Pretty sure I crunched the numbers and found Cameron was traded for the equivalent of Pick 6.

Obviously Cameron was a free agent match whereas Barrass is contracted. But I think almost everyone agrees Cameron was a better player than Barrass at the time of their respective trades So let's assume those two factors basically balance out.

Your first and second (assuming first is in low teens and second in high 20s/early 30s) is pretty much bang on Pick 5-7. So as a neutral, that's where I see it. "Two first rounders" Eagles would think it's unders. And "one first round and some pick swaps at most" Hawks fans would probably feel it's overs. So that seems like it's about right.

Only thing is you'd probably want to make it a F2 as you'd otherwise have nothing before about Pick 70 in this draft.

Unless another team bobs up (or the Eagles about-face and renegotiate with Barrass), the Eagles are looking at the Hawks first or the Cats first (via Dogs) as the primary component.

I think they’ll have done very well if on top of that they manage to do something like upgrade their F3 to the Dogs/Hawks F2. That would be a great result for them.

If the Hawks pick ends up 12, I think they’d have reasonable grounds to say that’s enough for Barrass. And I think the Eagles will be hard pressed to hold out for too much more in the circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back