Tom Boyd vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how dare people mention relevant information on player development in an ongoing thread
Yep, its like we shouldn't be allowed to post anything on young players until they've played 100 games. Sure its absolute bullshit to come in here and say player x is better than player y because player x kicked 3 goals and player y kicked 1 this week, but surely theres nothing wrong with discussing how each player goes every week.

Anyway I agree with the other dogs supporters that theres no chance he was 3rd best on but he played very very well considering the conditions, would have been a nightmare for a KPF today. I wasnt overly impressed with his first two games (although what he brought to our structure was huge from day one) but he was just finding his feet in a new team, since then he's been great, kicking over 2 goals a game and honestly I can't see him failing to keep that up unless he goes through a very rough patch (which is quite possible considering how young he is and if the teams form drops off) but even still he's only getting more comfortable every week, our forward line will start to take shape around him and function better and our inside 50s are only going to get more potent. With his size, marking ability and extremely accurate set shots he doesn't have to do much at all to pinch a free kick and take a grab inside 50 and kick two snags. At this stage he's honestly on track for 30 + goals and considering how many other scoring opportunities he creates just by being there, well he will have had an extremely good year.

Boyd needs more top end speed to be an elite power forward - He needs the ability to win the ball on the lead,which he hasn't shown yet - Boyd is currently relying on his contested marking ability which has its limitations - Running coach for Boyd.
They have a running coach as of this year in Craig Mottram, its only that Boyd hasnt worked long enough with him yet.

I can't believe this thread continues on.

Both are looking pretty promising I think. I'm ecstatic to have Hogan, and I bet Footscray supporters are pleased as punch with the role Boyd is playing, freeing up Stringer in particular to impose himself as a secondary forward.

In saying that tho, if Boyd is worth $1m a season to bring him 'home' to Victoria, I wonder how much it's going to be to keep Hoges at the Dees post-2017 under the new CBA that will see salaries soar. $1.5-1.75m? I can smell a bidding war between Freo, West Coast and Melbourne to secure his services.

Hogan, the lad is a beast and will be a genuine star of the comp.

The way I see it its who would you prefer - Jonathan Brown (Jesse Hogan) or Kurt Tippett (Tom Boyd).

Boyd will be very good, buy Hogan is otherworldly.

Anyway Jesse Stringer is the best and most promising forward at the Dogs , hes a jet.

The way I see it its who would you prefer - Jonathan Brown (Jesse Hogan) or Kurt Tippett (Tom Boyd).

Strange comparison.
Tippett to Boyd.

I'd have gone with Pavlich to Boyd myself as Boyd is very agile for his size. Twists and turns like a player three inches shorter and his kicking technique is text book stuff.
Tippett's athletic for his size, but he's also very unorthodox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway Jesse Stringer is the best and most promising forward at the Dogs , hes a jet.

Kurt Tippett! You don't have very high hopes for young Tom Boyd.

Boyd having a touch of the Travis Cloke/Jesse Hogans early.

Sad bump though

lol, misses one easy set shot and talking like he cant kick

Seriously are u Dwayne ffs

Strange comparison.
Tippett to Boyd.

I'd have gone with Pavlich to Boyd myself as Boyd is very agile for his size. Twists and turns like a player three inches shorter and his kicking technique is text book stuff.
Tippett's athletic for his size, but he's also very unorthodox.

Kurt Tippett! You don't have very high hopes for young Tom Boyd.

Seriously are u Dwayne ffs

Ok heres some more comparisons

Would you rather -

a Jonathan Brown/Wayne Carey/Nick Riewoldt type (Jesse Hogan)

or

a Kurt Tippett, Jack Riewoldt, Jay Schulz type (Tom Boyd)

Would you rather -

or

He was talking about you calling him Jesse Stringer. Jesse Stringer is that Geelong player who got caught abusing his mrs recently. Dwayne often mistakes the two.

Would you rather -

or

His name is Jake.......Jake stringer

He's incredibly insecure about this topic.

A bit ridiculous really.

I get targeted almost every day on this thread for who I am, but I'm the insecure one?

I think a lot of you mouthbreathers spend too much time getting hung up on who makes the post, rather than the post itself.

They are both very good players, but let's keep it in perspective. We are talking about Melbourne and the Bulldogs here: no matter how good they get, it's all fated to end in tears. Tom Boyd will retire at the age of 22 to pursue a modelling career, Jesse Hogan will break in half stepping out of a taxi, and in a few billion years the sun - angry and swollen - will engulf the Earth, along with any cowering remnants of life that may have hitherto avoided its purging glare. Que sera sera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back