Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

a.jpg

As you know I dislike being judgemental or harsh in my assesment of opposition players, but with all the media brouhaha over Tom Lynch I decided to look closer at his previous accomplishments and am stunned at how average they've been.

• Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since
  • He's kicked more than 5 goals in a game just twice, and both those times were against Carlton
  • He averaged only 2 goals a game this year. Even Daniel Menzel, Josh Jenkins & Jarrad Waite averaged more
  • Tom didn't land a sincle hit-out all year. Not one. As a 199cm forward ruck option... going to a team with shit rucks
  • In almost every statistical area Tom's output has dropped since 2016

Is this mercenary really the star KPF he's being made out to be? Richmond are carrying on like he's the perfect future replacement for Riewoldt yet the stats prove Jack shits all over him and it'll likely be the equivalent of replacing his cousin Nick with Tim Membrey. :$

Last edited:

As you know I dislike being judgemental or harsh in my assesment of opposition players, but with all the media brouhaha over Tom Lynch I decided to look closer at his previous accomplishments and am stunned at how average they've been.

• Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since
  • He's kicked more than 5 goals in a game just twice, and both those times were against Carlton
  • He averaged only 2 goals a game this year. Even Daniel Menzel, Josh Jenkins & Jarrad Waite averaged more
  • Tom didn't land a sincle hit-out all year. Not one. As a 199cm forward ruck option... going to a team with shit rucks

Is this mercenary really the star KPF he's being made out to be? Richmond are carrying on like he's the perfect future replacement for Riewoldt yet the stats prove Jack shits all over him and it'll likely be the equivalent of replacing his cousin Nick with Tim Membrey. :$
As you know, I also dislike being harsh or judgemental, but the OP is a lying prick.

"Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since" Bosk, 2018

Umm, no.

lynch.png

Would u say that if he was goin at ur club unbelievable

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Interesting stat: Lynch and Martin take up 21.6% of the entire tugger salary cap.
Lol what BS.

Cap is 12.45 million 21.6% = approx 2.7 m, according to reports Lynch will be on about 500k next year, with his contract back ended even on the 900k average, the two would still be a long way from your wild guess.
As usual snake speaks with forked tongue.

Note to north the salary cap is not a savings fund to offer to every stray soul each year to pretend you're a destination club.

A corked thigh is an on going injury concern is it, going on your over the top sensationalism shall we arange a coffin for Jaeger?
Both the highly overrated Lynch and Chopsticks have serious knee issues, Lynch has had multiple knee issues and hasn't played for 6 months and according to the Tigger army Chopsticks knee was held together with gaffa tape which is why he was so shit this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you know, I also dislike being harsh or judgemental, but the OP is a lying prick.

"Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since" Bosk, 2018

Umm, no.

View attachment 570738
I said more than 40 odd - implying he's only kicked more than 40-50 goals in a season once, which is perfectly true.

Gee whiz he hasn't even played a game for you lot and you're already ridiculously defensive. :huh:

So now they're dumping premiership players to make way for this turncoat?

The tuggers have a rich history of eating their own.

Richmond "kulcha" 101

I said more than 40 odd - implying he's only kicked more than 40-50 goals in a season once, which is perfectly true.

Gee whiz he hasn't even played a game for you lot and you're already ridiculously defensive. :huh:
Vague, at best (which it isn't).

I'm sorry facts got in the way. Now you've added the 50 figure you clever thing. It wasn't so hard, was it? Carry on.

Interesting stat: Lynch and Martin take up 21.6% of the entire tugger salary cap.
Interesting stat....100% of Snakes Richmond salary figures are both made up AND inflated.

Interesting stat....100% of Snakes Richmond salary figures are both made up AND inflated.

I'm prepared to shave $100K for Martin, but as for Lynch:

upload_2018-10-9_7-57-26.png

Let's round it down to $2.6 million.:thumbsu:

So now they're dumping premiership players to make way for this turncoat?

The tuggers have a rich history of eating their own.

Richmond "kulcha" 101
Oh for the days when lolnorf have the issue of "dumping" premiership players. I just can't see it myself, sorry old chap.

Take your foodstamps and get back in line for your next attempt at a failed "big fish" Snakey boy.

The most hilarious part of ll this is that Tiges are paying Lynch about 100-150 more than Polec overall per season, and you guys have to give away a pick, probably top 10.

But for the next 3 seasons, Lynch will be 200k cheaper than Polec. It's delicious.

I'm prepared to shave $100K for Martin, but as for Lynch:

View attachment 570801

Let's round it down to $2.6 million.:thumbsu:
Well, we know it's false straight away if Tom Browne made it up. Possibly the only bloke ON THE PLANET whose figures are more baloney than yours.

Put up Jake Nialls article quoting $920k-$930k. You know, a CREDIBLE source.

Both the highly overrated Lynch and Chopsticks have serious knee issues, Lynch has had multiple knee issues and hasn't played for 6 months and according to the Tigger army Chopsticks knee was held together with gaffa tape which is why he was so shit this year.
Hmmmm.
I wonder why Hawthorn offered Lynch much more than Richmond did then? I also wonder why he turned them down.
I guess like Nawf, Hawf is a little club with little chance of significant success in the foreseeable future.

Vague, at best (which it isn't).

I'm sorry facts got in the way. Now you've added the 50 figure you clever thing. It wasn't so hard, was it? Carry on.
Its Bay13 dude, you needn't take things to heart so much.

Besides, so what if Tom's a trifle overrated? You still landed an above-average KPF for nothing so chin up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Back