Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll stuff up their structure. I've already said he'll be another Mitch Clark and I'm sticking to it.
A second ruckman is a pressing need for the Tigers. The way the game is going, they can't afford to keep playing Grigg as the back up ruck.

To be fair to the North Melbourne Football Club, in 2002 they did commit the most spectacular dumping of a Premiership player in league history.
I don’t think we will see Grigg in the ruck much next year if at all, I would expect Lynch to take a fair bit of ruck contests in the forward half, Nankervis to take almost all centre bounces and around the ground and sit in the hole at CHB when the ball is in the forward half.
Failing that if they persist with the Grigg role I don’t think he’ll be doing it anymore, Noah Balta is very promising in the VFL this year, much bigger and athletic and more suited for the utility midfielder position.

Dermie, Brown and lloyd have all made similar comments, I would think all of them know their way around a forward line pretty well.
Jonathan Brown, the football "expert" who said after Round 17 that Hawthorn was gone and they would not make the Top 8...

LOL! They finished 4th on 15 wins, three wins clear of the teams who missed the Top 8...

Super analysis, Browny. Have another beer. :drunk::thumbsu:

I like the way he grits his teeth and shouts over the other Fox Footy panelists. His alpha-male confidence and forthright comments distract viewers from noticing that everything he says is absolute garbage. Probably the biggest moron in the footy media, which is saying something.

And where to start with Matthew Lloyd?

Probably his best feature as a pundit is the way he always admits how he got it wrong. He does this a fair bit.
Matty "Yeah, I got that wrong" Lloyd is always back-pedalling about teams and players he misdiagnosed.

Lucky for him he kicked 900 goals, otherwise his bosses would say "Who the f**k is this clown?" and they'd boot him out on his arse.

Last edited:

LOL thats ancient news, all recent reports are very clear that its 6-6.5 mill over 7 years but most of this will be paid towards contracts end, do try and keep up.
Do you just find the article with the highest figure and use that as a reference, it would explain why you keep getting things so wrong?

“It was bandied around mid-year $1.5 million. That is not happening,” the chief football write of the Herald Sun told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“If he signs at Richmond, in my opinion and who I’ve spoken to, it will be less than $1 million.

“That’s a $500,000 drop from April to the start of August.”
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...d/news-story/905ea7dcbaa2594749dbe6bbb80613e7

Free agent key forward Tom Lynch has agreed to a heavily backloaded seven-year deal worth close to $6.5 million.
It is understood that Lynch will be paid in the vicinity of $500,000 for 2019, 2020 and 2021
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-lynch-s-backloaded-deal-20181005-p507w8.html

Not all clubs need to pay ridiculous wages to attempt to bring in players;)

tldr

Jonathan Brown, the football "expert" who said after Round 17 that Hawthorn was gone and they would not make the Top 8...

LOL! They finished 4th on 15 wins, three wins clear of the teams who missed the Top 8...

Super analysis, Browny. Have another beer. :drunk::thumbsu:

I like the way he grits his teeth and shouts over the other Fox Footy panelists. His alpha-male confidence and forthright comments distract viewers from noticing that everything he says is absolute garbage. Probably the biggest moron in the footy media, which is saying something.

And where to start with Matthew Lloyd?

Probably his best feature as a pundit is the way he always admits how he got it wrong. He does this a fair bit.
Matty "Yeah, I got that wrong" Lloyd is always back-pedalling about teams and players he misdiagnosed.

Lucky for him he kicked 900 goals, otherwise his bosses would say "Who the f**k is this clown?" and they'd boot him out on his arse.
All flogs no doubt but they still know more about what makes a champion forward than you or any other bay flog, after all your own club thought he was worth quite a lot more than we are paying.

Your jealousy, at Hawthorn missing another target, is delicious.

What a shame you might have learned something.
It wouldnt be you if it wasnt made up bs, I fully understand that facts aren't your thing.

Nothing "made up" about it,

Direct quote:

upload_2018-10-9_18-35-24.png

Most people refer to Dermie as a flog, a windbag and a tosser

All of a sudden, he's now reverentially referred to as "those in the know"
Can't he be all those things?
I don’t think we will see Grigg in the ruck much next year if at all, I would expect Lynch to take a fair bit of ruck contests in the forward half, Nankervis to take almost all centre bounces and around the ground and sit in the hole at CHB when the ball is in the forward half.
Failing that if they persist with the Grigg role I don’t think he’ll be doing it anymore, Noah Balta is very promising in the VFL this year, much bigger and athletic and more suited for the utility midfielder position.
The concern is whether his knees can hold up while being asked to perform both roles.
Lynch did it earlier in his career but he's only had 2 hit outs in the last 2 years.

Last edited:
All flogs no doubt but they still know more about what makes a champion forward than you or any other bay flog, after all your own club thought he was worth quite a lot more than we are paying.

Your jealousy, at Hawthorn missing another target, is delicious.
Champion forward? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing "made up" about it,

Direct quote:

View attachment 571161

Now now Snakelicious, don't you think it's time you stopped this nonsense??

1. You have stooped to trusting Tom Browne, that is your first mistake (and a monumental one at that)
2. Your lolnorf mate Nick Bowen from AFL.com.au has admitted that Jake Niall's take in the Age is not only accurate, but what he used as a source in his article (where he ADMITTED INFLATING Jakes CORRECT numbers)
3. Again, T Browne mate, c'mon, you're not THAT desperate are yo....oh wait. Next you'll be quoting Sam McClueless

Again, once more with feeling, here is Nialls ARTICLE from THIS WEEK with the DETAILS.

lynchage.png

Anytime brother, anytime. You're welcome.

giphy.gif

Now now Snakelicious, don't you think it's time you stopped this nonsense??

1. You have stooped to trusting Tom Browne, that is your first mistake (and a monumental one at that)
2. Your lolnorf mate Nick Bowen from AFL.com.au has admitted that Jake Niall's take in the Age is not only accurate, but what he used as a source in his article (where he ADMITTED INFLATING Jakes CORRECT numbers)
3. Again, T Browne mate, c'mon, you're not THAT desperate are yo....oh wait. Next you'll be quoting Sam McClueless

Again, once more with feeling, here is Nialls ARTICLE from THIS WEEK with the DETAILS.

View attachment 571183

Anytime brother, anytime. You're welcome.

giphy.gif

tldr

Next

29 less.
$1.4 mill a year for 10 more goals and 29 less hit outs

Can you believe they made club stalwarts dive in to their pockets for this bloke?

At least Dusty told Balme to gagf.

Seriously though it'll be a mistake if he's one of the highest paid player at the club while Premiership players have had to accept a pay cut to accomodate him.

Seriously though it'll be a mistake if he's one of the highest paid player at the club while Premiership players have had to accept a pay cut to accomodate him.

Paycuts?

THEY ARE GIVING PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS THE ARSE BY WAY OF A FIRE SALE!

Richmond FC: Eating our own since 1885

Paycuts?

THEY ARE GIVING PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS THE ARSE BY WAY OF A FIRE SALE!

Richmond FC: Eating our own since 1885
Bit of both actually.
Riewoldt for one took a pay cut. Rance and Cotchin both accepted unders to stay at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Back