Review Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he was okay. At least he had a crack. Won a few contests.

Fogarty 5 possessions. McAsey 6 possessions. Midfield non competitive. Plenty much worse than Tom.

He actively hurt the team every time he got it- constant turnovers in the corridor. Fogarty was playing forward in a team that produced like 10 inside 50s in three quarters.

I would’ve traded him last year but I do think he’s still a good player. He won a few tough contests last night. Turned the ball over atrociously but he seemed to be the only one trying to hit a target and not bomb forward to a 2 on 1.

I’ve never understood however how he can be such a bad field kick in the defensive half, but he’s one of our better kicks inside the forward 50.

You cannot play Lynch, Walker, Fogarty together anymore. I’ve been saying it for a year. They are all too similar , no speed or overhead marks and weak laterally. Also Our recruiting team has to go. Chayce and McHenry too small and not natural footballers. And to go for McAsey as yr first pick when you had a top 5 is a massive mistake in modern football. A negating defender at best. Already slow and provides no run needed for modern game. Will only get slower with weight and age.

It's actually impressive that every single part of this post is wrong

Eh, it was a Tom Lynch game.

Lots of stats, but if the side is not doing well as a whole, Lynch is going to be deplorable. He's a potentially valuable cog of a well-oiled machine, but if the midfield fails, Lynch fails.

Whilst I would like to see us **** off this "linkman" role in its entirety, Lynch wouldn't be my first choice for the axe. Nor would I complain if he was axed mind you.

Last edited:
Eh, it was a Tom Lynch game.

Lots of stats, but if the side is not doing well as a whole, Lynch is going to be deplorable. He's a potentially valuable cog of a well-oiled machine, but if the midfield fails, Lynch fails.

Whilst I would like to see us fu** off this "linkman" role in its entirety, Lynch wouldn't be my first choice for the axe.
If he actually hit a Crow target with most of his disposals it goes from a bad game to a very good one. But it's a comment that we've said far too often with Tom.

If he actually hit a Crow target with most of his disposals it goes from a bad game to a very good one. But it's a comment that we've said far too often with Tom.

Yes, indeed. Fortunately, I only saw the first half, but he was very involved and looked to be one of our best. However, the disposal was horrific, too high, too low, or straight to the oppo. He has always had this tendency, but never as badly as in this game. To me, it looks simply that he is very lazy disposing of the ball: it needs much better concentration. There is no reason why this aspect could not be addressed stringently at training, but I'm not sure our coaches are smart enough to do this.

Likewise, Brouch's disposal is horrific. I thought he set the tone for the match magnificently at the first bounce when, having won a free giving a rare clearance, he then arranged to kick into the man: there was absolutely no excuse for that. He's a real hacker.

The Luko/Rankine/Rozee draft was the time to have traded him

100% spot on.

We had some much good currency to dominate that draft, and we either refused to cash it in, or pissed it up against the wall when we did.

And this is being a hindsight hero - plenty of us said Lynch was exactly the type of trade we should make.

I thought he was putrid on Saturday night. I have been watching him for awhile not put in much effort defensively, loves to corall players and absolutely hates contact, that was fine in 2017 when we dominated teams. But we cannot play someone who isn't willing to tackle and pressure maniacally in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started slowly last season, skills wise, just missing targets, then slowly came good. He takes some higher risk kicks that look dreadful when they fail, and very clever when they work. Too early to call time for mine - but I have no real idea to be honest.

Another year - out of contract 2021

Lynch is these things;

worthless senior player in a rebuilding club
downhill skier extraordinaire
typical AFC senior player that can’t be ****ed with and won’t be dropped

the difference between him and most is that this guy is the definition of a downhill skier as was his mate that went by the name of JJ.

That we didn’t trade this poser when he had value and we’d recontracted JJ remains among the most stupid decisions that our club has made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back