Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Long who's out for another 3 weeks with a calf injury.
Should be ready to go after the bye - with 10 rounds and finals to go. Any other mid we drafted would need longer to get up to speed with our game plan.

Should be ready to go after the bye - with 10 rounds and finals to go. Any other mid we drafted would need longer to get up to speed with our game plan.
Long in his hospital bed getting up to speed with tackling strategies from the game plan.

Steve Austin Wrestling GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raring to go in 2025 with JDG & Checkers 👊

I can't express how glad i am that we won the flag with him last year, considering the nightmare run of injuries he's had this year. I'm hoping that he can get fit next year and get back to some good form, however if not he's served us well. We brought him in to help us win a flag and he did, job done in my books

I'm grateful for Mitchell's big contribution to our Premiership but hope he now retires, along with Sidebottom. We need to accelerate the renewal of our list. We're carrying too many old, slow, injury-prone players.

I'm grateful for Mitchell's big contribution to our Premiership but hope he now retires, along with Sidebottom. We need to accelerate the renewal of our list. We're carrying too many old, slow, injury-prone players.
For 2026 yes. Not for 2025. We are still
Challenging next year. If the kids put pressure on them, great. ATM none are

I haven't been won to Long yet. Looks like a plodder to me. Hope he proves me wrong.
I could cope if he was just a plodder who played a role. At this point though, he’s a mid who’s getting single digit touches per game. I can’t understand for the life of me why he’s been given this stretch of games while other players get dropped after 1 or 2 ok-ish games while they’re trying to find their feet.

What’s the benefit of players retiring when we have very little in the way of youth to replace them? I could understand if we had some young gun mids that need game time, but as it stands we really don’t. And please don’t call Macrae or Long young guns, because they’ve both proven at this point they’re not up to the level.

With JDG and Titch both out, these are the circumstances in which someone unexpectedly grabs that strong distributor role
Sometimes a situation makes a player
Could it be time for any of the players below in the middle?
  • Beau
  • Reef
  • HH
  • Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back