Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

With JDG and Titch both out, these are the circumstances in which someone unexpectedly grabs that strong distributor role
Sometimes a situation makes a player
Could it be time for any of the players below in the middle?
  • Beau
  • Reef
  • HH
  • Allan
Maynard?

Sadly it looks like despite our mini revival these injuries are going to kill us off.

Tend to agree. When you consider how important both JDG and Mitchell were in the finals, and especially in the GF, they - collectively - leave a major hole.

I don’t think we can cover for both, if we make it to September.

I could cope if he was just a plodder who played a role. At this point though, he’s a mid who’s getting single digit touches per game. I can’t understand for the life of me why he’s been given this stretch of games while other players get dropped after 1 or 2 ok-ish games while they’re trying to find their feet.

Finn Macrae is waving at you from the sidelines. Reef McGuiness is standing behind nodding his head.

Huge blow to our Premiership defence this year. He's a huge piece of the puzzle that saw us win last year.

Hopefully he gets himself right in the off season and can have a big 2025!

If his body starts failing him like it has this year, then yes. But his age isn't quite there yet. He'll only be 32 in May next year. No reason to think he can't go two or three more seasons.
Ultimate pro with his preparation too so id back him for a couple more at least

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been dropped after pretty decent games -- I don't get it when Long barely features and retains his place, Sullivan has had some seriously flat performances there too.
I was making a joke about you misspelling his name, but yeah I agree.

If his body starts failing him like it has this year, then yes. But his age isn't quite there yet. He'll only be 32 in May next year. No reason to think he can't go two or three more seasons.

He'll definitely finish up next year in my opinion - he was already struggling with the pace of the game last year, and injuries this year haven't helped him. Next year will be it

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back