Remove this Banner Ad

Offsider

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Tom Nicholls has just signed with the Gold Coast.

He is an athletic ruckman, with fijian heritage. He is a current AIS-AFL member, who is very tall, 202cm at the start of the year so he may of grown. He is quick and agile, and his tapwork is reasonable, but he competes very well on the ground. I have doubt on his skills and his ability to rack up disposals, but this should improve. He is very skinny and has a lot of development left and his scope for improvement is huge, he is probably a 3 - 5 year investment. He was injured for a lot of this year so it has been hard to gauge his improvement.

Tom Nicholls has just signed with the Gold Coast.

He is an athletic ruckman, with fijian heritage. He is a current AIS-AFL member, who is very tall, 202cm at the start of the year so he may of grown. He is quick and agile, and his tapwork is reasonable, but he competes very well on the ground. I have doubt on his skills and his ability to rack up disposals, but this should improve. He is very skinny and has a lot of development left and his scope for improvement is huge, he is probably a 3 - 5 year investment. He was injured for a lot of this year so it has been hard to gauge his improvement.

He has the heart the size of a f****king pea. Defiantly should still be playing thirds for yarrawonga

He has the heart the size of a f****king pea. Defiantly should still be playing thirds for yarrawonga

Real classy post, you illiterate twat. While you sit behind a computer struggling to type the word 'definitely', Tom's out there making a go of an AFL career. Who wins? Idiot.

Went to school with Tom and can confidently say that the post by the idiot above is completley untrue.

Loves his footy and is a very good kid. He'll be a player mark my words. :) :thumbsu:

Real classy post, you illiterate twat. While you sit behind a computer struggling to type the word 'definitely', Tom's out there making a go of an AFL career. Who wins? Idiot.
could'nt have said it better myself.Marking this down as one of the replys of the year that idiot got owned.

22_TomNicholls.jpg

DETAILS
JUMPER # 22
DOB 04/03/1992
HEIGHT 201cm
WEIGHT 93kg
FORMER CLUB Sandringham Dragons, VIC

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/tom-nicholls/

Tom Nicholls is a Melbourne-raised athletic ruck prospect who joined the GC SUNS as an underage priority pick in 2010. Standing a very lean 202cms, it’s likely that Nicholls will be given time to develop physically before playing a part at AFL level, but given his improving tap-work, terrific leap, silky skills and impressive agility, he may be pressing for senior selection quicker than many think.

Nicholls attended the AIS-AFL Academy in 2009.

In for his 1st game against the Crows to replace the injured Gorringe. Sounds like he did well in the 2nds last week against the Lions.

Where is this kid at?

From the Tigers perspective, we need to think about banking a young, developing ruckman for a few years time when Maric is in his twilight, and you guys seem to have stockpiled a handful of young rucks (Gorringe, Hickey, Nicholls, not to mention Smith - who was far a less speculative/project type). Would seem to make sense to have a look at one of your guys struggling for their opportunity, provided the longer term potential is there.

Any updates? I assume he's recovered from the knee injury. Is he playing, is he looking like making the grade, or still too early to call?

Yeah i think i saw he was listed under a "match fitness" program on the injury list or something? May have been someone else though...

Would like to see him get another go soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currie a better competitor which we really can't get enough of in the team at the moment. Spot is his to lose for the forseeable future.

Currie was one of a handful of players that could hold his head up at the end of the game.

Currie a better competitor which we really can't get enough of in the team at the moment. Spot is his to lose for the forseeable future.

Im a big a fan of Tom's as any. But when I see him struggling to make the ground in the 3rd and 4th, and then I see Currie forward marking and kicking goals, Im slowly converting to a Nicholls fan.

I also have Tom on snapchat, and sometimes I see questionable snaps.

I still love me some Tom, but Currie is the new man for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back