tom williams

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe when they do the surgery, the docs could insert a chip in to his feet to automatically run into the correct position out on the field :rolleyes:

We cannot take a trick with our early tall draft picks. I have been critical that we have not recruited enough talls with our early draft picks. The 2 we pick walsh and williams both get season eneding injuries in their first year. Now after 3 seasons we still do not know if walsh will make it lets hope Williams can make an impact next season and Walsh comes on.

I believe if we can find a couple of talls we are shoe in for the finals next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this experiment works , Ireally do. It's looking more and more like a risk that won't pay off in the short or long term. Another tall bites the dust :(

dogupya said:
I hope this experiment works , Ireally do. It's looking more and more like a risk that won't pay off in the short or long term. Another tall bites the dust :(

Eade said he was close to getting a game... so I don't think the 'experiment' is failing, just some bad luck... again! I'm sure he'll come on, and as others have said, he can hit the gym hard and beef up! Let's hope he uses every moment he has to improve his chances of getting a game next year.

Going off the report Williams injury isnt too bad really. It says 8-10 weeks which means he might actually play the last game of the season for Werribee, it just the timing that means he has no chance for this season.

it sound like he willl be back by round 19. That would give him 2 weeks to get match fit to play in the Werribee finals. The 1 postive out of this is that he can spend the next 3 months in the gym building his upper body up ;eaving him to be fighting fit for next season

Shame about the ankle, he danced up a treat on Dancing With The Stars...

...oops, wrong Tom Williams!!!

:) :)

Seriously though, bad luck for the young fella, will set his development back a bit. Let's hope he uses the injury time productively, and works on his upper body whilst rehabbing so he has the strength to compete at AFL level next year.

Trust me, time away from football can be dangerous. I had a year off footy after Year 12, spent all winter on pies, pizza and grog in first year of uni, and ballooned something chronic. Never recovered. Had fun though.

I think it's gonna end up being a big blow for the young fella. After all he needs as many games under his belt as he can get. Good luck to Tommy in his recovery.

Remove this Banner Ad

tom williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back