Traded Tommy Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Tommy Walsh delisted by the Swans, didn't really get a crack at it after his hammy

Remember the outrage when Walsh left us.

His AFL career has been very short, and very underwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Garlett is the epitome of wasted talent - had all the opportunity in the world and the tools to make it, but no desire.

Walsh didn't have the talent to 'waste' so to speak. I realise that comes off as harsh, but imo, he was probably just a good VFL player. He did well as an Irish convert though. Good luck to him.

Would have got a stack of games I'm sure considering how many Maister got in the time he was gone.

Very sad TBH. I wished for him to stay so much but things have panned out the way they have.

Never rated him tbh, never understood the fuss from our own supporter base when he got traded either. Seems like Sydney's recruiting staff bought the hype though. Can't remember what we got in the trade for him but it was definitely a win!

Got Markworth and Maister for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if it's even possible for an international recruit to become a key forward? It's a hard position at the best of times let alone for someone who hasn't lived with the game.

Tommy Walsh is heading back to Ireland, who did we get for him when he got moved to sydney a couple of years ago?

Tommy Walsh is heading back to Ireland, who did we get for him when he got moved to sydney a couple of years ago?

Maister and Markworth. We got Newnes for Tom Lynch

He gave it a crack but he wasnt good enough.
Good on him for having the guts to leave a sport where he was a gun to take a chance in our great game.
He made some handy cash on the way:thumbsu:.
He's about to become the fittest guy in Gaelic.

I'm not sure if it's even possible for an international recruit to become a key forward? It's a hard position at the best of times let alone for someone who hasn't lived with the game.

Reckon you're spot on with this. Thinking of the main international successes they pretty much come down to defenders (Sean Wight, Tadgh Kenneally and now Hanley) and Jim Stynes who was just a freak of a runner. It is because it is just much easier from a play-reading perspective to see things unfolding in front of you from defence. Doubt we'll ever see an international forward: Walsh seemed physically to be about the perfect guy for it but was a long way off. I still reckon if he had have stayed with us his best chance of making it was as a KPD playing on the gorilla forwards but he moved and it wasn't to be.

Reckon you're spot on with this. Thinking of the main international successes they pretty much come down to defenders (Sean Wight, Tadgh Kenneally and now Hanley) and Jim Stynes who was just a freak of a runner. It is because it is just much easier from a play-reading perspective to see things unfolding in front of you from defence. Doubt we'll ever see an international forward: Walsh seemed physically to be about the perfect guy for it but was a long way off. I still reckon if he had have stayed with us his best chance of making it was as a KPD playing on the gorilla forwards but he moved and it wasn't to be.

Setanta. Not that he was good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back