Squad for those who missed it.

B: DEW GILHAM GUERRA
HB: BIRCHALL CROAD SEWELL
C: BATEMAN MITCHELL ELLIS
HF: THORP FRANKLIN YOUNG
F: RIOLI ROUGHEAD WILLIAMS
R: CAMPBELL McGLYNN OSBORNE
INT: DAWSON BOYLE CLARKE LADSON MURPHY MORTON TAYLOR TUCK DOWLER

Thanks for that - my guesses for the bench in bold above, assuming no-one named on the field is left out (Thorp, Rioli, Willo = :D). Would like to find room for Morton and Dowler as well...

With 5 still to be cut it'll be interesting whether Thorp who's named in the starting will actually play since we didn't see him in the NAB cup and then got cleaned up early on playing for Box Hill last week. Everyone else in the squad as expected I would have thought.

There is absolutely no way we will line up like that.

From memory, it's only the blokes listed as interchange that can be dropped off isn't it?

Taylor will definitely be in and Dowler and Morton will definitely be out. One of Murphy or Dawson will also definitely go.

This leaves two spots out of Boyle, Clarke, Laddo and Tuck, which is really surprising as I thought all of these players would be in ahead of Ossie. With Thorpe in though it probably means Boyle won't play, which means only one of Laddo, Clarke and Tuck miss out. For mine, that's one of Laddo and Tuck, possibly Tuck, if Davey is playing for Melbourne.

As i mentioned in another thread,
i watched Mitch drilling goals all morning and looked to be in tiptop shape.
Gave me the feelin that he's expecting to play this weekend.
Lets hope anyway:thumbsu:

Thanks for that - my guesses for the bench in bold above, assuming no-one named on the field is left out (Thorp, Rioli, Willo = :D). Would like to find room for Morton and Dowler as well...

I agree with that bench.
Morton has shown a bit in pre-season so hopefully will get a go early this season and we really need to find out what Dowler can do.
Aren't we showing good depth though? With 4 of our top 10 out this week that is still a capable and impressive squad isn't it. Can't wait to see "my man" in the side mid season too.

Been in Adelaide don't get exposed too much to the 2nds and how they are going, Who would we prefer playing Thorp or Dowler? (yes both would be good I know but prob won't happen this week).

Hopefully Tucky gets a run though, has been ok in the pre-season.

Been in Adelaide don't get exposed too much to the 2nds and how they are going, Who would we prefer playing Thorp or Dowler? (yes both would be good I know but prob won't happen this week).

Hopefully Tucky gets a run though, has been ok in the pre-season.

Thorpy would be the first preference absolutely.
Dowler though is in perfect condition to go.
My moneys on Mitch, and Tucky will play guaranteed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask a silly question - how'd you get your hands on the named squad?

Yeah i was reading somewhere the teams named were just what the footy show thought they'd be, nothing official from the clubs. eg. Essendon had Welsh in its 22, however he's injured. Waiting till tonight for the official squads to be named. Liked the look of the team TFS named however.

What about selecting your team for supercoach?? I believe it isn't fair to choose your side without having the oppurtunity to see team's line-ups... The Herald Sun should account for this... unless they already have???

Yeah i was reading somewhere the teams named were just what the footy show thought they'd be, nothing official from the clubs. eg. Essendon had Welsh in its 22, however he's injured. Waiting till tonight for the official squads to be named. Liked the look of the team TFS named however.
If that's the case i would be very suprised if Thorp plays.
Kinda hope I'm wrong though.

It was quite bizarre that the Advertiser here in Adelaide had the teams for tonights game,then the other games it had squads, but instead of naming who they'd think might play, they listed everyone on the payroll . No way could you pick a DT or SC team from that lol. Could have at least had a stab at a squad for the games.

I believe 5 pm is the cut-off for teams to be submitted to the AFL this arvo. or around that time anyways.

If that's the case i would be very suprised if Thorp plays.
Kinda hope I'm wrong though.

Can remember Thorp had concussion from last week and had not played a game before that. Can anyone confirm this? If so, it would be a huge gamble to play him under done, perhaps Dowler the better option

What about selecting your team for supercoach?? I believe it isn't fair to choose your side without having the oppurtunity to see team's line-ups... The Herald Sun should account for this... unless they already have???

I think if you are a good 'coach' you'll already have a reasonable idea of who will and won't be picked.

Anyway, everyone's in the same boat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonights team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back