Tony Armstrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a huge fan. Has failed at 2 clubs now. Would only consider him as steak-knives in the White deal if we offload our 2nd round pick.

He is a half back flanker and we clearly have a hole there now. Just think we have better coming through for that role and would prefer to throw a guy like Broomhead, Ramsey or Yagmoor in.

When people say that he "can kick" are they talking in Simon Buckley roasting it without thinking fashion or can he hit targets?

More like considered, with accuracy, but usually low offensive hurt factor. Tidy.

He's a marginal state league / AFL type and we have too many of those. I'd anticipate he clogs our list, so wouldn't even think about recruiting him.

250px-Featherweight_flying_CROPPED_S2E23.png
Featherweight
Name Featherweight Armstrong
Kind Pegasus
Sex Male
Residence Ponyville
Occupation
VFL player

183cm & 72kg No no no no no List Clogger alert.

Why would we even consider him? Even he was offered as steak knives he would definitely not even be in the top 35 at our club so what's the point just because he comes cheap. Any number of other options so no need to clog our list up with more duds.

Not a huge fan. Has failed at 2 clubs now. Would only consider him as steak-knives in the White deal if we offload our 2nd round pick.

He is a half back flanker and we clearly have a hole there now. Just think we have better coming through for that role and would prefer to throw a guy like Broomhead, Ramsey or Yagmoor in.

That is what it Loos Like. He be just thrown in with White for Pick 27.

Well we got Medders as Steak Knives and he came a AA Gun:thumbsu:

Placing a rock on the field would be a better replacement for Heater than Armstrong.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Placing a rock on the field would be a better replacement for Heater than Armstrong.
Put some black and white stripes on that rock, and watch the umpires pay frees against it for high tackles, and shepherding in marking contests.

Why would we even consider him? Even he was offered as steak knives he would definitely not even be in the top 35 at our club so what's the point just because he comes cheap. Any number of other options so no need to clog our list up with more duds.
It all just comes down to how highly our club rates this draft. Seemingly its a shallow draft, so question just becomes whether these guys are better than picks in the 40's of 50's etc. Our last pick will be used on rookie upgrades.

Armstrong doesn't interest me but similar to Russell last year, I wouldn't begrudge the club for taking a punt if it comes as steak knives. I still think the club was right to take Russell last year. We got a years service for a nothing pick and probably paid him minimum.

In the end we need to delist a minimum of 3 players every year.

Not saying we should go out and get Armstrong because I don't see much in him, but I think people get a bit too uptight about picks like Simon Buckley and Jordan Russell. Remember Leigh Brown was one of these picks as well and he worked out. 1 in 5 might work out, but for the price you pay it's worth it.

I would prefer re mature age rookie him or just take him for our VFL side if no one wants him.

I am pretty keen to see our VFL side become ultra competitive as I think winning and playing finals is an important part of our development. As such I don't mind the thought of some fringe AFL types playing for our twos but sign them to the VFL side so its not part of our AFL cap.

Heater is Mile Better but I guess Rendell has put in a Very Good Road for Armstrong.

Info about Armstrong:

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/tony-armstrong

I'm not sure Rendell can put in a road for Armstrong within the salary cap rules. I think road construction is like giving a player a car or a holiday overseas.... all three are viewed as payment for services. If the AFL allowed Rendell to put in a road for Armstrong, we would get every farmer's son asking us to put in roads for their dads in return for signing with the club..... I dont like these sort of precedents...

I'm not sure Rendell can put in a road for Armstrong within the salary cap rules. I think road construction is like giving a player a car or a holiday overseas.... all three are viewed as payment for services. If the AFL allowed Rendell to put in a road for Armstrong, we would get every farmer's son asking us to put in roads for their dads in return for signing with the club..... I dont like these sort of precedents...
At least be more detailed in your posts.
What colour is this road?
What is it made of?
Where does it lead to?

At least be more detailed in your posts.
What colour is this road?
What is it made of?
Where does it lead to?

Don't ask me. TradeDraft was talking about Rendell putting in a road for Armstrong. I'm just worried that the club might get sprung for bribing a player.... I'm not even sure if Armstrong expressed a desire to get a road. The real question is whether we want players at the club who are interested in getting roads.... it's a worrying trend

p.s. Tradedraft says its a very good road.....I suppose we can be proud of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Armstrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back