Tony Armstrong

Remove this Banner Ad

He's playing SANFL reserves and playing pretty well from all accounts. Will certainly not play AFL this year but will hopefully crack the league side soon.

It would be interesing to know why he cant crack a league game and what his deficencies are. Whether its build, fitness etc ... And what his strengths he has shown so far are

Honestly, if you're trying to do that, you're pretty much already screwed.
Maybe not. It means you have trades to burn (or are an idiot). I would love to go Wood to Martin/Deluca/Goldstein to gain some cash on my bench, but I just don't have the trades to justify the move, especially since one has to be allocated to trade Chad out when he gets put on ice for the year.

Maybe not. It means you have trades to burn (or are an idiot). I would love to go Wood to Martin/Deluca/Goldstein to gain some cash on my bench, but I just don't have the trades to justify the move, especially since one has to be allocated to trade Chad out when he gets put on ice for the year.

No, i mean, if you're at the point where you have no players in mind, and are randomly asking around team boards...

This was from Norths reserves coach on the official website:
Scott's Best Players - Armstrong (Tony, just needs to stay consistent if he can do that a league call up is not too far away).

He plays well for 1 or 2 games but then seems to go missing for a couple of games. Hopefully he can keep playing well and force his way into the league side,preferably on a wing because he runs hard both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tell you what:

if you win, I'll sign off every post for the next week with "buckwheat"

if I win - and your sorry bitch arse knows that I will - then you change your signature to "yes'um Massa Crow-mo sir" for a week. ;) :p

And break my no signature rule?

Besides, i dont need to bet. Betting implies theres a chance i wont win, which is insulting to me. :p

fluke result, aided by 2 zero's. :D

shame you weren't more confident :p

Cant complain about those zeros, you know White atleast was going to miss.

I was supremely confident. I said id be getting my revenge the day i signed up for this league. :p

Cant complain about those zeros, you know White atleast was going to miss.

why? White was named for melbourne ;)

I was supremely confident. I said id be getting my revenge the day i signed up for this league. :p

you knew you'd score far an away your highest tally and I'd get my lowest????

I'll re-administer the natural order if you make the finals lol :D

why? White was named for melbourne ;)

Yet i never doubted hed miss.

you knew you'd score far an away your highest tally and I'd get my lowest????

I'll re-administer the natural order if you make the finals lol :D

Considering ive been consistently improving my team every week through the free agency, yes, i expect my scores to improve every week.

And yes, i expect you to come down to the pack. You've been getting good scores based of freak outlier performances (Bowdens 180 ffs).

As far as 'if' i make the finals goes... ive got the same record as you. 5-1 with three games left, and the 8th ranked team on 2-4. Would be pretty darn hard not to sneak in.

even with your recent victory (damn I hate saying that :D )
me 11224
you 10688

not exactly the same :p

Its too bad none of that actually matters, right? 5-1. The same. ;)

Ive been willing to carry players through injury/suspension. This week is one of the few times ive had a full team play. Short term scores are irrelevancies so long as you win. The key is building the team good enough to win the entire thing. If i have to sacrifice 100 points on a week where im already going to win comfortably, so be it.

Its too bad none of that actually matters, right? 5-1. The same. ;)

Ive been willing to carry players through injury/suspension. This week is one of the few times ive had a full team play. Short term scores are irrelevancies so long as you win. The key is building the team good enough to win the entire thing. If i have to sacrifice 100 points on a week where im already going to win comfortably, so be it.

of course it matters it's a scoring league.

seriously, that is ALL that matters. the head to head to thing is to stop people getting bored along the way.

by anyway, we shall see... :)

of course it matters it's a scoring league.

seriously, that is ALL that matters. the head to head to thing is to stop people getting bored along the way.

by anyway, we shall see... :)

Uh... what?

You dont win the league by scoring the most total points, you win through head to head victories.

You can hang your hat on the total points all you want, it didnt help you this week, and it wont help you in the grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Armstrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back