Toovey was an embarassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confident. Carltons fwd line isn't that bad actually, has potential to embarass someone who doesn't know their stuff.
Oh mate im stiches, quite teh comic geniuses you are.

Name one carlton small forward that will embarass anyone betts maybe but heater will have him, houlihan?, fisher? (maxy) and gibbs who has been used as a tagger

You are a funny man:rolleyes:

Watched torrent of game yesterday, not the best, not the worst. At his stage of career i was happy enough. Certainly wouldn't be embarrarssed to say he plays for the mighty pies. I can get frustrated with skill errors but only get embarrased by softness.
Poorly worded heading or deliberate sh!t stirring?

Watched torrent of game yesterday, not the best, not the worst. At his stage of career i was happy enough. Certainly wouldn't be embarrarssed to say he plays for the mighty pies. I can get frustrated with skill errors but only get embarrased by softness.
Poorly worded heading or deliberate sh!t stirring?
i would put your house on it being deliberate shit stirring, the fact it wasnt banned or locked surprises me

"You've got to earn the right, every year or every week, to be part of this team." - Nathan Buckley

The following quote is from the champion Nathan Buckley & sums it up very well imo. Toovey won't be in this team if he doesn't earn his right in this team.

He was taken as a rookie with us in 2005. He has managed to work his way off the rookie list & into the senior side, along with fellow 2005 former rookie listed player Cox. Not every player who comes off the rookie list is a star, but some are. Toovey might never be the star that other rookie listed players are, like O'Brien or Clarke; but has, like O'Brien & Clarke worked his way into the team.

He works his arse off to earn his place in the team, just like the other 43 players listed at Collingwood. Call him a dud or an embarassment or whatever you will, but he is in our team. He has his spot in the team which is more than any 'Toovey basher' could ever put their name to.

"You've got to earn the right, every year or every week, to be part of this team." - Nathan Buckley

The following quote is from the champion Nathan Buckley & sums it up very well imo. Toovey won't be in this team if he doesn't earn his right in this team.

He was taken as a rookie with us in 2005. He has managed to work his way off the rookie list & into the senior side, along with fellow 2005 former rookie listed player Cox. Not every player who comes off the rookie list is a star, but some are. Toovey might never be the star that other rookie listed players are, like O'Brien or Clarke; but has, like O'Brien & Clarke worked his way into the team.
He works his arse off to earn his place in the team, just like the other 43 players listed at Collingwood. Call him a dud or an embarassment or whatever you will, but he is in our team. He has his spot in the team which is more than any 'Toovey basher' could ever put their name to.
Well spoken mate:thumbsu:

Toovey busts his arse and gives his all, the poor bastrad bleeds black adn white and all he gets is a few experst trying to tear shreds off him for a decent game.

I think teher is an odd chance he'll be left out for goldsack but i have no doubt he'll be in the side again

Well spoken mate:thumbsu:

Toovey busts his arse and gives his all, the poor bastrad bleeds black adn white and all he gets is a few experst trying to tear shreds off him for a decent game.

I think teher is an odd chance he'll be left out for goldsack but i have no doubt he'll be in the side again

If he bleeds it can be Killed.

Shame is i was going to mention Toovey in a thread the other day but decided not to because i was sure it would be highjacked by over the top vitriol like this. Is impossible to discuss Tooves in a reasonable manner IMO which is a shame as there is a lot to talk about both positive & negative if done in a constructive way.

Shame is i was going to mention Toovey in a thread the other day but decided not to because i was sure it would be highjacked by over the top vitriol like this. Is impossible to discuss Tooves in a reasonable manner IMO which is a shame as there is a lot to talk about both positive & negative if done in a constructive way.

Check your fringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting - where do you get those stats? Have supporters changed since then, or do online forums tend to attract an unhealthy minority of a particular type of "supporter"?
could be that online forums encourage a lot more between-games obsessing (like me right now), and also the vastly improved TV coverage allows much closer scrutiny of even bit-part players, and all the extra hype as well - blokes like Toovey at this stage of his career may barely have been noticed back then so they could develop in peace.

Stats are from FinalSiren.com

In 1995 there were many, many less people on the net for socio-economic reasons. The majority of household considered a computer as a luxury item and IP costs were very high relative to income.
Most conversations about players and player performance were face to face with other fans and there was little or no opportunity to anonymously voice any opinion you liked.

Pretty accurate summation regarding development of younger players.
The spotlight is thrown on some of these kids even before they nominate for the draft. The opinions of the "experts" is propagated as gospel and when they do not live up to the "hype" it is somehow their fault.

Ahhh well that's asking too much, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein.. Friends funny is about all I could pull off.

Next time you should aim for the top....Monty Python funny or Billy Connelly funny.:D:thumbsu:

Now I am wondering if Toovey was John Howard embarrassing or Alexander Downer embarrassing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back