Top 10 Football Schools in the Country!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trinity had two people drafted last year aswell

Hill-Carter
Wellingham

Clontarf have someone that will go very high next year in Chris Yarren 55 On both feet and can hit a target

Sandilands is a gun why would he get rookie listed rather then drafted he is a ready made player who i believe could play afl next year given he gets used to the pace of it. I think clubs given how bad this draft is set to be would defintley take a punt on him at a low pick.

Just found this on the WAFL site

Clontarf wins five in a row
ClontarfWinner_200px.jpg

In a terrific promotion for high school football, Clontarf Football Academy defeated a gallant Sacred Heart College by 12 points to win the Cable Division of the Belt up Cup for the fifth year in a row.

This year's grand final was played as the curtain raiser to the West Coast and Brisbane game at Subiaco Oval last Saturday, with Clontarf being coached by Kevin Mitchell and Sacred Heart by Chris Vlahov.

The Belt up Cup celebrated its 20th year in 2007 with continued growth throughout the State. More than 3000 students participated in this year's competition across three metropolitan divisions and regional carnivals.

The Belt up Cup is a competition designed for year 11 and 12 high school students and is coordinated by the West Australian Football Commission, School Sport WA and the Secondary School Football Advisory Committee.

In a high standard game Clontarf started in ominous form, dominating play all over the ground. They kicked the first three goals of the match before Sacred Heart settled to kick the next two goals to trail by seven points at half-time.

Vlahov's half-time speech impacted immediately as Sacred Heart came out with a renewed desire, and kicked the first goal of the second half, to cut the margin to 1 point. With the game up for grabs both sides traded goals but Clontarf were able to continue to maintain the pressure they had demonstrated all day and although Sacred Heart continued to work hard Clontarf's superior ball use enabled them to run out winners by 12 points.

Clontarf have now won the last five Cable Division grand finals.

WA football legend and competition patron Barry Cable was on hand to present the Belt up Cup and medallions to players, coaches and umpires.

The Rhys Kampen Memorial Medal was awarded to Deromitt Wilson for his outstanding contributions throughout the competition with Clontarf.

Clontarf 6.7 (43) d Sacred Heart 5.1 (31)

Goals: Clontarf - Bonney 3; Corbett, Trott, Cooyou. Sacred Heart - Keeley 3; Elisseou, Dohnt. Best: Clontarf - Braden Dhu, Peter Bonney, Deromitt Wilson. Sacred Heart - Michael Willett, Adrian Clarke, Ryan Wade

Rhys Kampen Memorial Medal - Deromitt Wilson (Clontarf)

Sandilands is a gun why would he get rookie listed rather then drafted he is a ready made player who i believe could play afl next year given he gets used to the pace of it. I think clubs given how bad this draft is set to be would defintley take a punt on him at a low pick.

Because there's a lot of better players going around. I've seen him play a few for Caulfield, and agree that he stands out, although at tac and national level there's better.

Sandilands is at that between height, too small for KP at afl level, but not really capable of playing midfield at that level either. Players like this are attractive as rookies as clubs see them as long term projects, although its hard to see a club using a high draft pick on him. Mybe he will go late, if not I would say rookie.

Just Because a club like Carlton with such a decorated past have happened to finished bottom a couple of times in the last few years does that still mean that they are the best team in the AFL because of there past ? Does that mean they are still in the Best 1 or 2 clubs in the comp when there past obviously suggests that. I dont think so.

I actually cannot think of a worse example

hahahaha

the point being

just because they were good in the past doesnt mean they are the best team in the comp now and Australia now end of story... you dont hear carlton whinging about a 'bad batch' of kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 Football Schools in the Country!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back