Top Blokes in Amateur Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Surely he isn't this bloke????

That's the man, I had a horror game on him the other week. He carved me. He is seriously good for a bloke so close to pension age.

Hey, he's stolen my nickname!

Maybe i'm naive here, but i would say the majority of VAFA blokes, if you had 5 minutes to have a beer with, are good blokes. there are certainly a select few out there that you'd have to call genuine 'flogs', but from my experience most are nice guys who just love playing good footy.

am i missing something?? maybe im too forgiving of blokes personalities on-field

The Human Keg said:
That's the man, I had a horror game on him the other week. He carved me. He is seriously good for a bloke so close to pension age.

Hey, he's stolen my nickname!

What, they call you Denis Thatcher too?

Sean Towner

Let me re-phrase...

I just reckon my efforts around the OE club and in all the many Vic state sides I have made... make me able to claim "Best bloke"... And just in general i'm just oh so fantastic

The Hunter said:
I have only got this third hand, but apparently a player from Uni Blacks won their $1000 draw on Sunday, was in attendance, and put nothing on the bar afterwards.

Can this be topped for "Good Bloke" of the year.

Good on him, I would have done the same thing

There is a guy at Fitzroy Reds who does an enormous amount for the club, the section, the VAFA, victorian footy and the whoe AFL brand. Keen observer of the game whose insightful and witty postings on the C Section Thread are a treat for all to read.

He will be on the B Section thread next year when the Reds charge into the finals and earn promotion.

Don't know who I'm talking about??

It is the Great One - Red Roy.

Thanks for your support

Red

Thanks Red I believe that you have made a nomination of exactly the type of person I was looking for when instigating the site - Tools

Cheers

Red Roy said:
There is a guy at Fitzroy Reds who does an enormous amount for the club, the section, the VAFA, victorian footy and the whoe AFL brand. Keen observer of the game whose insightful and witty postings on the C Section Thread are a treat for all to read.

He will be on the B Section thread next year when the Reds charge into the finals and earn promotion.

Don't know who I'm talking about??

It is the Great One - Red Roy.

Thanks for your support

Red

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hunter said:
Thanks Red I believe that you have made a nomination of exactly the type of person I was looking for when instigating the site - Tools

Cheers

Looks like Red has got his hand in his pocket, but it's definately not on his small change.

No 'Top Bloke' thread would be complete without including the following list of champions:

A Steward
L Stewart
Rod Stewart
Rodger Merrett
Mark Rodgers

knackers_2 said:
No 'Top Bloke' thread would be complete without including the following list of champions:

A Steward
L Stewart
I agree. Those Stewart/d brothers are cracking blokes!

Surely some money should go on the bar. I know a bloke who's too poor even to afford proper shoes; goes everywhere in sandals, even if it's not sunny and especially if it is. He still paid for a keg.

Did he? Apparently Treasurer at club yet to see the "hard earned", so may even be worse than not putting on a barrell (which apparently is not such bad form in some quarters), but saying you will put on a barrell and not pay.

Shame Sandals, Shame!

Red Gum said:
knackers_2 said:

A Steward
L Stewart
I agree. Those Stewart/d brothers are cracking blokes!

Surely some money should go on the bar. I know a bloke who's too poor even to afford proper shoes; goes everywhere in sandals, even if it's not sunny and especially if it is. He still paid for a keg.

The Hunter said:
Shame Sandals, Shame!

He is to be shamed for his blatant display of anti-club behaviour.

I put him in the same category as:

P Hore;
C Skase; and
That chap from Fitzroy Redz who sometimes postz on here

Another "Top Bloke" story from the weekend:

A player receives six cans as the the "BOG" award for the away team. Several team mates are seated with him, enjoying a frothy beverage, and watch him collect his prize then promptly leave with all six cans under his arm.
In contrast, the player who collected half a doz for the best reserves player leaves the clubrooms with a solitary can, but not through lack of trying to give it away...

D Rice OMFC 1stXVIII coach takes this award - 1 win and the players still love him and he is reapointed without contest - Just Amazing!

David and (soon to be Mrs) Suzy Beardsley must have the longest, narrowest matrimonial bed in Melbourne!!! I completely concur, Beardo is universally popular at his own club, and I haven't met anyone outside who disagrees.

Other genuine Top Blokes I'd like to nominate include:

Justin Evans (St B)
Nick Harrison (Coll)
Tristan Beranger (OS)
James Hope (OI)

I would lije to nominate Brian !

I'd like to nominate ex Uni Blacks under 19 coach and UHSOB senior coach Damian Carroll. The only bloke in VAFA history to coach a senior team to a win(in round 5), sing the song with lads then announce he was quitting and immediately hop into his car and drive off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Think we know what you mean - By the way ... he didn't resign ...we interviewed him and then contacted UHSOB [due diligence] and got a different story ..... apparently he was assisted out the door!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Blokes in Amateur Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back