Top five players at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wondering who the top five players are at your club? I've been able to get some information on various threads but not consistently. I realise some won't want to offer up info but I'm interested to read your thoughts.:thumbsu:

ringo1 said:
Wondering who the top five players are at your club? I've been able to get some information on various threads but not consistently. I realise some won't want to offer up info but I'm interested to read your thoughts.:thumbsu:

Kyabram FC

1. Garry Lyon
2. Brett Deledio
3. Kayne Pettifer
4. Ty Elliott & Andrew Trimby
5. STONY STONEWELL

wobble said:
Kyabram FC

1. Garry Lyon
2. Brett Deledio
3. Kayne Pettifer
4. Ty Elliott & Andrew Trimby
5. STONY STONEWELL

I think :D:D:D:D clay could have snuck into this list, maybe before tidy and trimmers

Travvy43 said:
I think :D:D:D:D clay could have snuck into this list, maybe before tidy and trimmers

too right clay was an outstanding footballer for richmond, part of the famed BBC centre line: bourke barret clay. top 3 at ky

You need to put reasons beside each player so then they can be debated. You are scrapping the bottom of the barrel if you have Trimby in the top 5 all time at Ky. Spent a couple of years in the BFL and although showed glimpses was pretty ordinary. I'm sure Ky have produced better players.

I will have a stab at Tongala's:

Dave Newman
Des Campbell
Brad Campbell
Brendan Parker
Adam Brunt

unluckies- trouter harrison, mick souter, dawson and russle byrnes

CHOPPA12 said:
You need to put reasons beside each player so then they can be debated. You are scrapping the bottom of the barrel if you have Trimby in the top 5 all time at Ky. Spent a couple of years in the BFL and although showed glimpses was pretty ordinary. I'm sure Ky have produced better players.

Completely agree. Trimby won an under 18 B&F (as did Gugliotti) and was a handy player. I'm sure in Kyabram's history (1884 to the present), there would've been a lot better players than him.

Rochester

David Williams: champion player and typifies the modern day spirit of the footy club. Played 63 games of AFL footy and then 200 + games in the GV. Coached 2 flags and his team to 7 GF's.

Robbie Miller: The complete footballer. Played with Carlton ressies and Glenelg before playing 200+ games with Rochy. The complete package, as he could kick a bag of goals or nullify a damaging forward.

Noel McMahen: responsible for Rochy's emergence in the BFL after he sensational quit Melbourne at his peak. Some say his time at Rochy was his most enjoyable experiences in footy.

Frank Zegelin: champion ruckman in Rochester's golden run in the Bendigo league where it played 7 GF's in a row for 4 flags. Inducted into the BFL hall of fame.

Simon McCarty: 300+ game player, interleague and Vic. country rep. Drafted to North Melb. in 1989 before coming back to play in 2 flags. Silky smooth ball skills and fearless.

Nathalia. Not as impressive as Kyabrams but still pretty good for a little town.

1. Francis Bourke: AFL team of century, Richmond premiership player etc

2. Frank Bourke. Francis' father, very good player at Richmond.

3. Brendon Parker. On track for 3rd century of goals in a row. 6 games at Carlton, captain of Nth Adelaide, league medalist in GV for Tonny. Has won just one b&f but finsished 2nd 8 times.

4. Ash Gemmill. League medalist, twice runner-up in league, 4 club b&f, 4 runners up, interleague captain, leading goalkicker many times. Kicked over 80 goals in 98 as a ruck rover who changed a little bit up forward

5. Nath Gemmill: League medalist, twice runner-up in league, 4 club b&f, 4 runners up, has played at Rochy, Geelong reserves and Perth. The eptimone of train hard, play hard and party harder.

Travvy43 said:
I will have a stab at Tongala's:

Dave Newman
Des Campbell
Brad Campbell
Brendan Parker
Adam Brunt

unluckies- trouter harrison, mick souter, dawson and russle byrnes

Travvy,
Would Tony Jones be close to making the top 5? The reason I ask is he was picked CHF in Tonny's team of century before Parker.

touch of class said:
in the past 15 years of following northcote park my top 5 would be
1simon lennox
2joe amad
3brett jeffery
4barry mitchell
5damien yze

To Touch Myself, your top 5 would be

1:- Your Mum
2:- Your dad
3:- Your sister
4:- Your dog
5:- Yourself because no one else will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

journeyman said:
Travvy,
Would Tony Jones be close to making the top 5? The reason I ask is he was picked CHF in Tonny's team of century before Parker.

Its probably a good point. I guess i saw more of parks play, too young to watch T Jones run amok in the GV. Some more aged readers may give a better comparison of these two.

i reckon seymours best are
1-brent colbert #8
2-adam reid #16
3-tim hooper #21
4-jeff anderson #1
5-mathew o'keefe #9
it was hard to name a top 5 top

toc how did u leave off peter dean and shannon loagan he did captain 3 out of the 4 prems and i dont think u would have done it wit out the great carlton chb

I will Have a stab at Bacchus Marsh in the Ballarat Football League:

1. Michael Coates
2. Wayne Cracknell
3. Malcom Scott
4. michael smith
5. Adam Sutherland

ill have a crack at rochy's current top five-
*note- have left out chrissy mccarty due to him heading O/S*

1. elliot bowen
2. heath aitken
3. sammy brennan
4. dean moon
5. lenny schmidt

open for feedback-

shannon logan was a very good player and always played well in big games but the other 5 are more accomplished footballers as for peter dean he only played in 2 flags coached 1 never really dominated games but done the things that go unrecoginised by everyone except coaches and players he was inspiration with his attack on the footy and always lead from the front he also talked non stop directing traffic and was always talking to the young blokes and as a coach i personally think he changed the attitudes and the preparation around of some of the younger players there at the time and made them better players just to use an example in 2003 peter dean worked very closely and had a lot of extra training nights with kane cooper and he was by far northcotes best player that year and has taken his game to another level nowdays and saad saad was another that peter dean helped and pushed to be the player he is but as a player peter dean was not in my top 5 matty amad was very close but there have been many great players so its debatable as it is the same at evey club

St Arnaud Football Club (North Central Football League)

Current:
Scott Lloyd - midfielder, tagger... can do a job on just about anyone, notably Lance Piccioni was kept to about 10-12 possies in the first half prior to having a shower and leaving the game at half time...
Simon Breirley - (excuse spelling) Damn good player, can play at both ends of the ground, but is primarily a midfielder... was Nhill's Captain (i think...may be wrong) last year
Darren Atkinson - Ruck and Coach...strongly built, probably the best Ruckman in the league
Daniel Needs - Strong mark, good kick, won club goalkicking a couple of years ago, has won 5 of the last 7 BnF's...getting to the end of his 'primetime', but still a quality player
Jamie Solyom - FF/R-R plays well in both of the positions, primarily a goalkicker, will kick 9/10...can kick about 65m...was at Horsham United (i think) last year...came over to St Arnaud in an assistant coaching position
Unlucky ones: Craig Drum...Torin Petrie...Shane Boyington...Sam Price

Recent Times top 5
David Hando - Living in Hamilton, probably still playing, possibly best St Arnaud has seen in the last 20 years
Bruce Hando - Kicked over 100 goals 4 or so times in his carreer...done his knee is now playing in the backline. (Less influence on the knee, not as much turning and running, is nearly all in straight lines...)
Alister Egan - Hard at it Defender... the best we have had in a while, Retired at the end of Last year
Brock Ezard - FF....good mark good kick, playing at huntly this year (would be in current if still at the club)
Clinton McIntyre - 'slacca' now playing at waubra i think...quality midfielder when he gets going, would struggle to miss out on top 5 if still with St A.
Very Unlucky - Carl Hufer...local guy, moved up to Swan Hill - returning to play for St Arnaud next year...good midfielder, lead the side for a few years b4 moving

MasterOfRoc said:
St Arnaud Football Club (North Central Football League)

Current:
Scott Lloyd - midfielder, tagger... can do a job on just about anyone, notably Lance Piccioni was kept to about 10-12 possies in the first half prior to having a shower and leaving the game at half time...

Dont know about that one MOR. I agree with Lloyd being StA's best but he hardly kept Lance to 12 poss. He had 19 in the first half!!! And he didnt leave the game he sat on the bench and provided some knowledge to the coaching staff...

Needs would have to be one of the all time greats at St Arnaud. Has played alot of senior footy from a young age and is still only about 26, so has a bit to offer. CHF is the hardest position on the ground and Needsy has consistanly marked everyhting and kicked goals playing there. When moved into the ruck there would not have been a more mobile big man in the NCFL (in the last 10 years apart from Wise from w'burn). I know he likes a good time off the field and maybe that has caught up with him, but as an opposition supporter Needs would always worry the opposing team.

Boort NCFL Top 6 (couldnt leave anyone out, NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)

1. Lance Picione - enough said
2. Craig Rutley - BnF last year, quality midfielder, picks up possessions at will while also sneaking forward and jagging a couple of goals a game
3. Leigh Picione - Has probably been Boorts best this year. Great player who seems to have heaps of time when he has the footy
4. Andrew Rutley - Doutta Star legend, BnF 2004
5. Tarek Mugame - has kicked 21 goals in the last two games, played at Coburg previously
6. Mark Perryman - Inspirational Coach. At his best no one can stop him from taking a grab. Against St A he had 35 touches, 16 marks and 5 goals from CHF.

Unlucky: Rob Rutley, Aaron Wilson, Luke Cooney, Sam Gross

Remove this Banner Ad

Top five players at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back