Top five players at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

ringo1 said:
Riewoldt, thanks for that. Obviously u know a bit about the club. Any chance of you putting together your top of all time as I'm trying to get as much info on top 5's as I can.:thumbsu:

Only been at the club for about 5 years and not a Deniliquin resident, but from all reports, this might be close to the top 5:

1.Noel Buckley (an evergreen veteran who has won the last 2 senior B&F's)
2. Colin Tubb (tough, hard at it on-baller)
3. Josh Bode (current Nullawil coach, who the club will vigorously pursue to return next year. Class act)
4. Benji Hardman (an excitement machine, who unfortunately is playing with injuries this year)
5. Craig McCulloch (a very good player, who has played over 200 games at the club)

Apologies
Ash Germano
Brian Burke
Rob Resuggan
Greg Rudd (was a great player, but went off the boil and couldn't find his original form)

Hope that helps you, ringo.

Geelong Amateur Football Club in the Bellarine Football League

1 - Haami Williams (can play back or forward, strong as and coached flag)

2 - Ben Reynolds (great ruckman for many years, played in a premiership with a bad hammy and played well, a club legend)

2 - Sam Luke (great leader, tough, won lots of footy)

3 - Tim McLean (workhorse CHF, long accuarate kick, great mark)

5 - Tim Clark (tough, great skills, wins the hard footy)

Apologies to a few others.

Thats_Special said:
Probably cop a pasting, but oh well

Sunbury Kangaroos...

Ever:

1 - "Darko" Dobrosvak
2 - Dave Nicholson
3 - Keith Vanderkraan
4 - Tony Calleya
5 - Damien Niki

what would your 2006 top 5 be?

Band O Brother said:
I saw Haami Williams play at Sunbury under Dean Lupson he was very good , How old is he now ? and how long has he played at Geelong Amateurs?
I think he is about 33 now.

Well he played for us back in 1992/3 then went to South Barwon where he got drafted to Carlton.

He came back in 1996/7 then back to South Barwon.

Then he came back again as coach in 2003 and coach till last season.

Between 2003-2005 we played in 2 grand finals and a prelim for 1 premiership which was an undefeated season (2004). I think we only lost about 6 or 7 games in the 3 years he coached.

He is still playing this year but has a young child so it may be his last.

He is a great player and was a very good coach.

EDFL MAN said:
J.Thorley and N.Garnham ahead of A.Willmott in my opinion! :thumbsu:

EDFL MAN

Are you ranking the KEILOR TOP 5 in order ???

Steve Long (230+ A grade game 5 premierships 4 as captain)
Rod Callahan (200+ A grade games 6 premierships BOG in numerous finals)

*** Bit rude not to mention BRUCE ELLIS when talking ofKeilor's best players 7 * Best & Fairest...... ** Although you did qualify 1985 onwards....

sticks04 said:
EDFL MAN

Are you ranking the KEILOR TOP 5 in order ???

Steve Long (230+ A grade game 5 premierships 4 as captain)
Rod Callahan (200+ A grade games 6 premierships BOG in numerous finals)

*** Bit rude not to mention BRUCE ELLIS when talking ofKeilor's best players 7 * Best & Fairest...... ** Although you did qualify 1985 onwards....

Sicks, someone else posted there top 5 of all time which was:
1 Jamie Cuffe
2 Lee Fraser
3 Andrew Willmott
4 Bluey Callahan
5 Steven Long

Unlucky
Nick Garnham
Rick Marcy
Mark Fotheringham
Jason Thorley
Rambo

I responed with N.Granham and J.Thorley in instead of A.Willmont.

My top 5 of all time in my opinion would be as follows in no order:
1 - B.Ellis
2 - J.Cuffe
3 - Bluey Callahan
4 - Steve Long
5 - N.Granham

Riewoldt12 said:
Only been at the club for about 5 years and not a Deniliquin resident, but from all reports, this might be close to the top 5:

3. Josh Bode (current Nullawil coach, who the club will vigorously pursue to return next year. Class act)
4. Benji Hardman (an excitement machine, who unfortunately is playing with injuries this year)
5. Craig McCulloch (a very good player, who has played over 200 games at the club)

Apologies
Ash Germano
Brian Burke
Rob Resuggan
Greg Rudd (was a great player, but went off the boil and couldn't find his original form)

Hope that helps you, ringo.
Did a leigh Armstrong play there with his brother what was he like

Riewoldt12 said:

5. Craig McCulloch (a very good player, who has played over 200 games at the club

you have got to be joking don't you? bode is a cat... petzke always had his measure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOCKERS said:
you have got to be joking don't you? bode is a cat... petzke always had his measure

As I said, I haven't got too much knowledge about their best 5 of all time, but know that the club speaks very highly of Josh and is a past B&F winner at the club.
We played them in a practice match this year and he was outstanding.

EDFL MAN said:
Sicks, someone else posted there top 5 of all time which was:
1 Jamie Cuffe
2 Lee Fraser
3 Andrew Willmott
4 Bluey Callahan
5 Steven Long

Unlucky
Nick Garnham
Rick Marcy
Mark Fotheringham
Jason Thorley
Rambo

I responed with N.Granham and J.Thorley in instead of A.Willmont.

My top 5 of all time in my opinion would be as follows in no order:
1 - B.Ellis
2 - J.Cuffe
3 - Bluey Callahan
4 - Steve Long
5 - N.Granham

EDFL man you definitely live up to your name your knowledge of all things Essendon District League is second to none.....

Keilor TOP 5: (In order)

1 - B Ellis
2 - R Callahan
3- J Cuffe
4 - S.Long
5 - L.Fraser

ringo1 said:
Sebastopol Fc top 5 80's
M.McGaune
G.Cahir
G.Lamb
B.Leathem
C.Parker:thumbsu:
Chris Parker was a very good player, and a ripper bloke. Heard he was still running around in their two's a couple of years ago, and actually got called up for a few senior games.

How closely do you follow Sebas ringo1? Please don't tell me Parks is still having a kick?

Kings Army said:
Werner played for 5 years - Elsum for 2. You cannot be a club great after 2 years. I thought you may have named yourself?

Elsum would not be better than Saunders of Fitzy. Fitzy had 49 possies the other Saturday.

Werner played for 3 years and only 4 games in his 4th in the Bendigo League???

Who cares about 49 ps when you win by 40 goals?

Duff Man said:
Current top 5 at Euroa (no particular order):-

Shane Clayton
Daniel Sage
Wes Stott
Shane Watson
Mark Jansz

Unlucky - Clarke, Gilliland, Grainger, Bamford & D.Thomson. Better stop there or I'll end up naming the whole side!

Based on form, I can't squeeze Hilton in as yet, but hes finding the footy a bit more as each game goes by.

Intreresting, thought Shane Watson was wacking cricket balls over the fence or at least trying to.

I presume that this is Scott Watson.

Top 5 I like at Euroa are

S. Clayton - quality, hard runner, everything he touches is gold
A. Hamill - fearless, goes in hard even when he gets wacked form ebhind, and just bounces back up.
R. Hilton - absolute gun, as mention will get better as he is finding his feet, willl destory teams later on in the comp.
D. Sage - hard bustling player who can breaks packs and kick it long down to the forwards on the leads
S. Grainger - not many people beat this man one on one, some how out of position he marks the ball, great leader too, he knows his footy and is a very smart palyer, would make a great coach

Again its hard to pick just 5, i could go on. But hey there it is. Stott, A and D thomson, shelton, jansz and bamford so close. I guess who is running hot, as this list would change week in week out

Sticks it was I who quoted that my top 5 players at Keilor were
1 Jamie Cuffe
2 Lee Fraser
3 Andrew Willmott
4 Bluey Callahan
5 Steven Long
I did say from 85 onwards which is why i left Bruce Ellis out i could have put him in easily but as my memory of Bruce is hazy at best i decided to leave him out. I also left out many players such as Denis Brown 294 A Grade games 400+ senior games, 4 A grade Flags ,3 Reserve grade flags ,Coached a Reserve grade Flag and also captained the club for a couple of years but as i said it was a top 5 in my opinion. Steven Long will be remembered as one of the greatest players at Keilor, But numbers (premierships and captaincy) dont mean he is number 1 just as Michael Tuck is not considered the best at Hawthorn. I still stand by my top 5, but as is always the case it is debateable.

Thats_Special said:
Not in a position to name who my top 5 would be of 2006....

Sorry mate.

Sunbury kangaroos, just wondering how there going this year, here they recruited a young ruckman bit slow but reads the game well... S. Woolcock? has he been getting a kick or should he head back to his old club you think?

now its moved to 'all time' from current... well, heres a go at St Arnauds, no particular order...cuz most of them were from b4 i was born, which makes it hard!

Maurie Wood (played with North Melb in VFL for a while)
Chris Wall
Jim Jess (Richmond)
Daniel Needs (current player, just found form again, kicked 15 goals in last 2 weeks, won 6-7 club BnF awards. was in team of century (post war) at age 19)
Frank Scarce - clubs first league BnF 'Feeny Medalist'

"Noteable Noteables"
John Goode - Still holds record for most goals in the league in 1 season at about 130 i think... came close to beating it the year after
Alister Egan - hard at it defender, TRYING to get him out of retirement for the 5th time... ill let yall know on the NCFL thread when more info comes to light in the next week or so :) top quality player
Dave Hando - gun player full stop

there are more who could be up there, thats just sheading some light on a few of em in my eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Top five players at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back