Top Ups and Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually will be able to watch the Bombers without scorn this year. Hell I might even barrack for them against some teams. If no player or coach associated with this scandal is out there why bag the players on the field?
Plus imagine the hilarity from the embarrassment to any team that somehow manages to lose to them.

Gill just confirmed then that Port will get two rookie upgrades, but specifically said they won't be state league player top ups, "just rookies"
Nothing like rules on the run, where were Collingwood's rookie upgrades last year with Keeffe and Thomas, I'm guessing St Kilda and Melbourne with only one affected player will also get this.

Also sets a bad precedent too.

Nothing like rules on the run, where were Collingwood's rookie upgrades last year with Keeffe and Thomas, I'm guessing St Kilda and Melbourne with only one affected player will also get this.

The AFL has been planning for this for a considerable time. I am very doubtful that they made this judgment today.

The AFL has been planning for this for a considerable time. I am very doubtful that they made this judgment today.
Still my point stands, it's one rule for some and one rule for another. Most likely it was the AFL's fall back position as far back as the original tribunal that predates Keeffe and Thomas. The lack of consistency makes it seem that the AFL is making things up as they go along.

Do you think we should be entitled to a top up player? I only ask because Monfries was recruited without any knowledge of the impending doping scandal. Ryder was us gambling and we lost badly, I accept that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we should be entitled to a top up player? I only ask because Monfries was recruited without any knowledge of the impending doping scandal. Ryder was us gambling and we lost badly, I accept that.
How is it different from Collingwood recruiting Keefe and Thomas and not knowing they were drug cheats? What about Carlton getting Daisy without any knowledge of the impending demise of his body. Recruiting and drafting players is a risk sometimes they get suspended, injured, turn out to be dickheads or just shit at football.

Being compensated for recruiting a player that turns out to be a drug cheat is ridiculous. Maybe the clubs that took other players over Chad Wingard should be compensated because he turned out to be better than those players.

How is it different from Collingwood recruiting Keefe and Thomas and not knowing they were drug cheats? What about Carlton getting Daisy without any knowledge of the impending demise of his body. Recruiting and drafting players is a risk sometimes they get suspended, injured, turn out to be dickheads or just shit at football.

Being compensated for recruiting a player that turns out to be a drug cheat is ridiculous. Maybe the clubs that took other players over Chad Wingard should be compensated because he turned out to be better than those players.
Keefe and Thomas were already at the club when they took a banned substance. Port drafted a player in good faith from a club that cheated. I've got no issues with the Ryder trade, we gambled we lost.

And using Wingard as an example is absolutely ridiculous.

Should have a loan system for this year where clubs can loan their young players/rookies to Essendon. The likes of Kane Lucas off our list would be handy for a year or the likes of Paddy Brophy would benefit from playing a bit of AFL as opposed to WAFL all year.

Jonathan Simpkin would be an obvious pickup. Read a story on the Geelong Addy saying he'd be open to offers ;)

Still my point stands, it's one rule for some and one rule for another. Most likely it was the AFL's fall back position as far back as the original tribunal that predates Keeffe and Thomas. The lack of consistency makes it seem that the AFL is making things up as they go along.

Their are known knowns, the AFL making things up is one of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Ups and Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back