Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawka Deano

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2003
On the computer!
Other Teams
Hawthorn
This just in from the Richmond board. Instead of going over to their boards I thought I might get some human input from here instead of misguided souls of Tigerland. This was posted by IDGAF:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought i would drag up this old chestnut again ...... been a while since we stirred up those hawks .

Personally speaking , i think that the job TW has been doing both in his coaching capacity and his self appointed role as master media manipulator have been absolutely A1 - first class .

I ask you ..... Can anyone remember such a succession of positive articles and interviews about the RFC in living memory ? Terry`s time in the media has obviously taught him well and he is very familiar with the beast and knows exactly how manipulate it .

After a completely disasterous 3 years , where the players confidence has been eroded to an all time low , plough has set about the job of making the players believing again in themselves magnificently , hell , he has even got half of us beleiving we can make the finals .

......... all of this got me to thinking about the hawkers and the debate we had raging over our respective coaching appointments . How do people rate how TW is going as opposed to Alistair Clarkson ? About all i have heard from him in the last 3 months is how he nearly had a punch on with old Georgie Stone ...... LMAO .

I know it is only early days , and there hasn`t been a shot fired in anger yet but , i know who i rate as having been active in doing everything possible for the betterment of thier club .... and it aint Clarkson .

TW = master salesman , doing a top job

Some of the replies have been gold!

Any thoughts?

All in a day.

Alastair Clarkson: Coaching a football team.

Terry Wallet: Playing up to the media and after that chore is done he gets around to coaching some Tiges.

Thoughts? Yea, some.

Like he should take note of his own writing "I know it is only early days".

They're happy with Wallace, fine by me.

Get back to us in five years and we will see how things are being written then.

We're paying for a coach and disciplinarian.

They're paying for a promotional tool.

Both clubs getting what they paid for.

Richmond are broke and in enormous debt. Although they're paying Wallace a ridiculous amount given his dubious coaching record, they believe they can make up profits due to his marketing pull. In all likeliness, they are correct.

As a club and organisation, the biggest concern at Hawthorn is the poor performance of the football team and a lack of discipline throughout the club. Clarkson has already justified his backing on the latter, but it remains to be seen what he can achieve on the field.

Ladies and Gentleman, it is called a big case of being insecure. Why not bag others because you fear the unknown.

It worries a lot of Richmond supporters that they took a massive gamble on Wallace, so why not compare him to Clarkson - because as we all know he is a rookie coach and makes them all feel better to bag him.

All these replys couldn't have said it better. Richmond have got good publicity because of Wallace. If anyone needs an a class promoter then Wallace is your guy, for someone that has not proven he is a great coach(was it Wallace that was coaching when the Bulldogs should have made a GF- hey i'll give him credit that he got the team there, but he should have been concentrating on the last 5 min of the game than how his press conference was going to go and maybe Adelaide wouldn't have beaten them), he managers to promote himself as one of the greatest, hey he doesn't even coach during their intraclub games. the results will show over the next few years, and hey i don't care if i don't care if don't hear a peep out of Clarkson in the media provided the Hawks show some improvement from the last few years.

Why even bother with 'em? They've had 25 years of serious penis envy! I find it quite amusing that they'd prefer to spend more time on our site than their own,stuff Richmond,they've been keeping the rest of the footy world amused with finding different ways to implode for a quarter of a century now! Thought Mick Malthouse summed Wallace up pretty well tonight,most coaches know what he'll bring to the table,sure he can coach,but so could a few of the other blokes who've been through the place. Richmond fans.. What a yawn!

Hi guys

im a richmond supporter, and i noticed the heading "tossers" in a hawthorn site and guessed you must have been speaking about us again - lol sad but true

I completely agree with you though about Richmond supporters - i dont wear rose coloured glasses like they all do

They only way those ppl can make themselves feel like the club has got something worth writing about is by putting donw other clubs / or our own players. We are critical of stkilda ppl because they are happy to see fiora train well - so we tell them its only Feb - and come the real season he will be ********.

We tell the hawthorn ppl how "BLING BLING " (i hate that too) is looking like a superstar, and hawthorn are duds for not picking him up - We also tell you guys about the whole wallace v clarkson thing. Notice we dont pick Eade? we pick Clarkson. Because we cant win an arguement about Eade. Where in with CLARKSON - he comes across as "not doing anything". But like you said. maybe he is coaching and leaving the publicity shenagins to Derm on SEN?

Read the posts FIORA in our website and you will get my drift. They are hypocritical and ignorant. ignore most of us, and enjoy your club. Dont lower yourself to richmonds level and feel the need to look over other ppls fences to make yourself feel big and strong

Peace - lol

IDGAF said:
Hey Astro Toby

Who is it Carlton or Richmond ? ...... there is your credability right there isn`t it

May as well just make it Carlton for mine

I own a membership to both clubs. I have so for 20 years. i am a richmond supporter since the age of 4. My father was a carlton supporter, and the only time i spent with him was going to see both our teams play everyweek since that time. Being a supporter of both teams has actually given me a far wider and more honest insight into why our teams supporters are so Fing pathetic and frustrating. It also has given me some insight into how the supporters attitude and behaviour have been a major cause into why the club had kept making the same mistakes. Carlton hit rock bottom two years ago and its supporters acted similar initially. They got over it quickly, stopped acting arrogant and their club become much better and successful for it. Get over the fact i go for two teams. means nothing except that it really has shown me why richmond is such a joke to everyone else. And for the record, i also own a western bulldogs membership because my girlfriend is a passionate supporter - and even THEY laugh at our big mouthed - big talking - supporters.

astro_toby said:
I own a membership to both clubs. I have so for 20 years. i am a richmond supporter since the age of 4. My father was a carlton supporter, and the only time i spent with him was going to see both our teams play everyweek since that time. Being a supporter of both teams has actually given me a far wider and more honest insight into why our teams supporters are so Fing pathetic and frustrating. It also has given me some insight into how the supporters attitude and behaviour have been a major cause into why the club had kept making the same mistakes. Carlton hit rock bottom two years ago and its supporters acted similar initially. They got over it quickly, stopped acting arrogant and their club become much better and successful for it. Get over the fact i go for two teams. means nothing except that it really has shown me why richmond is such a joke to everyone else. And for the record, i also own a western bulldogs membership because my girlfriend is a passionate supporter - and even THEY laugh at our big mouthed - big talking - supporters.

Goose personified. Can't believe the posts i've just read. Imposter of the highest order. You are certainly no Tiger supporter. Hypocritical, yes. As if tiger supporters are the only ones to argue and debate with other supporters. Get real astro boy.

Go Tiges!!!

tigertRANCE said:
Goose personified. Can't believe the posts i've just read. Imposter of the highest order. You are certainly no Tiger supporter. Hypocritical, yes. As if tiger supporters are the only ones to argue and debate with other supporters. Get real astro boy.

Go Tiges!!!

We are by FAR the worst. Accept that and move on. The club is. they accepted that the list was ordinary. they accepted that the recruiting team was ordinary. they accepted the coach and his assitants were ordinary. And they are beginning to move on. But the supporters are still acting like the same fools as before - talking big - comparing what our coach is doing and what theirs isn't. We keep talking about how CRAP the players that left are, and now other clubs are enjoying. Collingwood supporters are a pain in the ar$e, but they obviously love their players. Richmonds are a pain in the ar$e and a joke because we always have an excuse and always are gonna be "THE NEXT BIG THING". The rest of the football world watch us like a reality tv show - just waiting for us to crack, turn, and vote one of us out. if im going to be a richmond supporter, i no longer want to be connected with some of the supporters. love the club, and i like its players. but i refuse to act naive to our faults.

astro_toby said:
We are by FAR the worst. Accept that and move on. The club is. they accepted that the list was ordinary. they accepted that the recruiting team was ordinary. they accepted the coach and his assitants were ordinary. And they are beginning to move on. But the supporters are still acting like the same fools as before - talking big - comparing what our coach is doing and what theirs isn't. We keep talking about how CRAP the players that left are, and now other clubs are enjoying. Collingwood supporters are a pain in the ar$e, but they obviously love their players. Richmonds are a pain in the ar$e and a joke because we always have an excuse and always are gonna be "THE NEXT BIG THING". The rest of the football world watch us like a reality tv show - just waiting for us to crack, turn, and vote one of us out. if im going to be a richmond supporter, i no longer want to be connected with some of the supporters. love the club, and i like its players. but i refuse to act naive to our faults.

Goose. LOL, i'm p***ing myself laughing. Thanks Astro. I really did need that. I know this is just your honest opinion. Don't get offended. Most tiger supporters know its going to be a long hard slog. The important fact is, finally we (Richmond) are heading in the right direction. It would be best if you followed Carlton Astro. I don't think you're quite right to be a tiger, no offence. Just not the right match. Good luck with the navy blues.

Go Tiges!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry Wallace has a lot to answer for. He's sold himself beautifully, but in the meantime foolishly convinced the Richmond faithful that success is just around the corner. There are no sure things in football and if the Wallace gamble doesn't pay off I can see a lot of blood being spilt by disgruntled supporters down at Tigerland.
I would have thought a more softly but surely approach would have been a more practicle option.

I am quite bemused, Tiges having a domestic on our board.

Time to take a cold shower .....

0,,7350_rs,00.gif

They really are quite pathetic. Although Astro makes some ripping points, now its just to wait for Bentliegh to join the arguement and have his say, like he always does....

Becker said:
Terry Wallace has a lot to answer for. He's sold himself beautifully, but in the meantime foolishly convinced the Richmond faithful that success is just around the corner. .
Uneducated post ...... no-one is under any illusions that it is not going to be a long road . least of all TW .

TW is merely selling the RFC beautifully , to the point where we are at record level memberships for this time of year , and morale , which was at an all time low , is being lifted considerably , .......... what is wrong with that ?

The original line of the thread was merely comparing the jobs the two respective coaches had done up until this point . Acknowledging the fact that a ball hadn`t been kicked so far .

And at this point i will remind you all that this thread was posted on the Richmond board and dragged over here by a Hawk .

astro_toby said:
We are by FAR the worst. Accept that and move on. .
Remove the we from that post ....... and you accept it and move on .

Talking about the credentials of players , how they are performing , how the coach is performing , who should go , who should stay , is something supporters of every club do every day ...... isn`t that the whole point of Big Footy in the first place ?

Astro .... you are a tool of the highest order , i can understand buying a membership from, the Bullies , hell , they need the cash , but to say you support two teams is unimaginably limp .

I accept there is an idiot fringe at punt rd ..... but , there is at every club , to bag your own supporters ( Comrades ) as you have done is just pathetic

Move on blue bagger , i hope for the day you turn up on the Richmond board again

IDGAF said:
Remove the we from that post ....... and you accept it and move on .

Talking about the credentials of players , how they are performing , how the coach is performing , who should go , who should stay , is something supporters of every club do every day ...... isn`t that the whole point of Big Footy in the first place ?

Astro .... you are a tool of the highest order , i can understand buying a membership from, the Bullies , hell , they need the cash , but to say you support two teams is unimaginably limp .

I accept there is an idiot fringe at punt rd ..... but , there is at every club , to bag your own supporters ( Comrades ) as you have done is just pathetic

Move on blue bagger , i hope for the day you turn up on the Richmond board again

Feel free to drag it back again.

IDGAF said:
And at this point i will remind you all that this thread was posted on the Richmond board and dragged over here by a Hawk .

I wouldn't know because I NEVER visit the Richmond board. I'm not interested in Richmond, they bore me, as do most of their so-called supporters. How about going back to your own board where all the Richmond people can tell each other how good they are and leave us in peace?

At this point I will say, I am going to enjoy so much watching Wallace fall flat on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back