Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three first rounders...give me a spell

View attachment 1525058
3 first rounds is what Adelaide offered for him last year. 4, 5 and 14. They are absolutely entitled to start from there. I would be if he was a bulldog and I was Power. It is factually accurate he’s been valued at that and more by 2 clubs. They won’t get it but it’s actually fair market value.

We’re thin on key backs if we lose Cordy as well. Need to hit the draft.
If we get Lobb you’d think that confirms Darcy is playing back next year. So that would leave us with 3 of Keath, Gardner, Jones, Darcy with the other first backup. Plus O’Brien & Buku as 3rd tall back up. I’ve got a sneaky suspicion we may train Bruce back too - looked like we were experimenting that way late in the year and in a worst case scenario Naughty.

Then it’s likely we get a defender with a reasonably high draft pick, who can usually slot in and play a role early days & maybe even another more mature pick up possibly. I think that’s more than enough coverage, not sure depth is a problem but just the problem is there’s no quality 😂 I’d still rather keep Schache if it came down to him or Cordy who can play forward or back.

I just don’t see any reason to be keeping Cordy at all right now, and 2 years just seems crazy. Someone desperate overpaying for him would be the best possible result, Saints are the right nuffies for that, who knows maybe they’re dumb enough to throw a third rounder at us for a key defender in his prime 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton was told in his exit interview that it's very likely he will be doing his preseason in defence.
Therefore guarantees he plays forward.

Players train in a position pre season only to be played everywhere but that position during the season

Taranto for 12 and 19 confirmed

Taranto and Dunkley very similar careers to date although Dunkley has had 1 more year in system but been injured more.

Dunkley 1 year older and has probably achieve more in terms of impact given premiership player and best & fairest at Club and I dare say more Brownlow votes

Still think 2 x first being brisbanes 15 and say 2023 16 pick is slightly unders

Jon Ralph and Leigh Montagna both reckon Freo will hold firm on Lobb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back