Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be doing a lot of due diligence on Nick Haynes right now.
Maybe 5-6 years ago, a bit too late now imo

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Does anybody live near Middle Park?

It's absolutely bucketing down. Somebody needs to go and drag Norm De Guerre out of that drain before he drowns.

View attachment 1528825
Its all good. I moved inside Josh's house to avoided the rain.
Man-hiding-and-looking.jpg

I’d be doing a lot of due diligence on Nick Haynes right now.

I didn’t see much of him this year but his contested marks dropping all the way down to just 4 in 17 games is a huge concern given athleticism and intercepting is his strong suit. As we saw with Easton, the cliff comes very quickly for this types of players.

Injury prone isn’t he?
Has played 17 games or more in every season since 2015.

He looked utterly cooked this year.

In the right context you'd back him to turn it around as the man is a warrior and a consumate professional.

One of the only players at GWS you could still like despite all the hatred for their club.

Was down this year but is that a consequence of the giants being very poor. Is he possibly a good player in a good team.

He was also moved around a bit this year being forward and on a wing etc

I'm a massive no to Haynes - unless it comes with a fantastic pick as a salary dump.
He's playing on reputation rather than output, and he takes forever to get boot to ball when he does mark it (which is happening much more rarely these days).

Should be on the first flight to Brissy this morning, offer Raynor something ridiculous he can’t turn down like 1mil/7 and get him to publicly commit, knowing full well there is 0% chance Brissy say yes. That would be pure embarrassment for them there is just no way they let him go under contract after all this.

What that’ll do though is make them satisfy us pretttttty quickly with picks for Dunks and allow them save face saying we stuck to our guns held Raynor etc

Alpha move

The way I look at the Dunkley trade, if Brisbane has been courting a player who is under contract until 31 December 2022, then they need to ensure they have the assets to make a suitable trade at the market rate.

The market rate has been set by Richmond as two firsts for a young player with credentials and proven track record. In Dunkley’s case a B&F, Premiership, 40 Brownlow votes, in other words, a known player.

This deal is to recompense the Bulldogs for the draft pick, and development they have put into said player which Brisbane will benefit from.

Bulldogs have the gamble of going to the draft and having to find another Dunkley and putting the years off development in that Dunkley has received, which is not a sure thing, hence two first round picks reduces the odds of picking a dud.

What part of this does Brisbane and their feral fans not understand?

Should be on the first flight to Brissy this morning, offer Raynor something ridiculous he can’t turn down like 1mil/7 and get him to publicly commit, knowing full well there is 0% chance Brissy say yes. That would be pure embarrassment for them there is just no way they let him go under contract after all this.

What that’ll do though is make them satisfy us pretttttty quickly with picks for Dunks and allow them save face saying we stuck to our guns held Raynor etc

Alpha move
Rayner loves it there though.

The way I look at the Dunkley trade, if Brisbane has been courting a player who is under contract until 31 December 2022, then they need to ensure they have the assets to make a suitable trade at the market rate.

The market rate has been set by Richmond as two firsts for a young player with credentials and proven track record. In Dunkley’s case a B&F, Premiership, 40 Brownlow votes, in other words, a known player.

This deal is to recompense the Bulldogs for the draft pick, and development they have put into said player which Brisbane will benefit from.

Bulldogs have the gamble of going to the draft and having to find another Dunkley and putting the years off development in that Dunkley has received, which is not a sure thing, hence two first round picks reduces the odds of picking a dud.

What part of this does Brisbane and their feral fans not understand?
I think they understand it but they’re just focused/prioritizing on the points for father sons element. The only way they can do it all is if we fold and take unders or a decent player is involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alpha move

Agreed. Raise the stakes. Time for a Boyd/ Griffen 'stick it right up 'em/screw you' moment.

I would much rather we looked at Lohman, has not signed an extension and is a Ballarat boy, sounds like he is not committed ongoing to the Lions, so it would be smart if the Lions to get on the front foot.

Damo reckons Lobb for Dunkley should be a straight 3 way swap
Barrett is the biggest flog in the media, his personal hatred against us is childish and comical.

If you read sliding doors today, he touches on the Dunkley stalemate in both Bris and our columns, but calls them "a really good club" and says we are "playing silly hardball"....

I think they understand it but they’re just focused/prioritizing on the points for father sons element. The only way they can do it all is if we fold and take unders or a decent player is involved.
Then they should not have been chasing Dunkley, if that is their priority, they are screwing him around as well. No coach and now this, I hope Dunkley realises what a shite show he is walking in to.

I would much rather we looked at Lohman, has not signed an extension and is a Ballarat boy, sounds like he is not committed ongoing to the Lions, so it would be smart if the Lions to get on the front foot.
If Lohman seems uncommitted to lions in long run and a Ballarat boy, we should enquire but ask for him along with multiple firsts, they will obviously decline, then when he is coming out of contract court him again and then eff them over next year

Barrett is the biggest flog in the media, his personal hatred against us is childish and comical.

If you read sliding doors today, he touches on the Dunkley stalemate in both Bris and our columns, but calls them "a really good club" and says we are "playing silly hardball"....
Where the rest of the media was incredulous of the offer Brisbane made wanting picks back.

If Lohman seems uncommitted to lions in long run and a Ballarat boy, we should enquire but ask for him along with multiple firsts, they will obviously decline, then when he is coming out of contract court him again and then eff them over next year
Apparently close to re-signing but until he does we should ask the question. I know little about him as a player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back