Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrett is the biggest flog in the media, his personal hatred against us is childish and comical.

If you read sliding doors today, he touches on the Dunkley stalemate in both Bris and our columns, but calls them "a really good club" and says we are "playing silly hardball"....
My big take away from this whole trade week is that apparently we aren't actually last on Barrett's perennial shitlist. I'd say I feel sorry for you guys, but to be honest that'd suggest his opinion actually matters to anyone outside the echoing inside his head.

Pie in the sky stuff but 5 team trade, who says no?

Lions give F1 (lions) pick 21 and pick 25
Lions get Dunkley, pick 30 and pick 39

Roos give JFH
Roos get Hunter and pick 2

Eagles give Rioli pick 2 and pick 26
Eagles get pick 8, pick 21, F1 (port)

Power give Duursma pick 8 and F1 (Port)
Power get JFH and Rioli

Dogs give Dunkley, Hunter, pick 30 and pick 39
Dogs get Duursma, F1 (Lions) pick 25 and pick 26

Ok so let’s say we got pick 48 for Cordy compo and then sent 48 to Blue for Jones.
Not sure what all the fuss is.
In this particular instance, and it's a unique one... Jones retired from the AFL.

I don't think we should have had to trade for Jones in any event. Cordy should have netted something

They will offer 21 and their future first.

It's still not good enough
We could also ask to swap or future second for the GWS future second which wouldn't impact Brisbane's points this year.
It's not great but it's getting closer to reasonable.

Yep.. and we had no ability to trade for Jones. It's Bullshit
Nope.
Cordy's contract is not high enough to trigger band 5

We could also ask to swap or future second for the GWS future second which wouldn't impact Brisbane's points this year.
It's not great but it's getting closer to reasonable.
I'd like one of their young players .. even if that means we don't get 21 and we get something else a bit later instead .. along with their future first

They're trying to get their cake and eat it too

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know? It's not exactly public
Deduction from similar deals over the years.
Fringe players never attract compo

The Jones signing is not a FA signing, he's a DFA. The AFL changed the 18 month rule to assist Carlton

Pie in the sky stuff but 5 team trade, who says no?

Lions give F1 (lions) pick 21 and pick 25
Lions get Dunkley, pick 30 and pick 39

Roos give JFH
Roos get Hunter and pick 2

Eagles give Rioli pick 2 and pick 26
Eagles get pick 8, pick 21, F1 (port)

Power give Duursma pick 8 and F1 (Port)
Power get JFH and Rioli

Dogs give Dunkley, Hunter, pick 30 and pick 39
Dogs get Duursma, F1 (Lions) pick 25 and pick 26
That's actually really good.

I genuinely don't know who loses in that (every team according to their own fans).

Looking at Brisbane’s contract status for players, Tom Fullerton out of contract this year and also Connor McFadyn, I don’t know a lot about either. Fullarton replaced Daniher in the final against Melbourne, 200cm, could be a ruck back up option if the Lobb deal falls through.

In other words, you're guessing. An educated guess, but without hearing it from the clubs or AFL noone can say for sure
Your original post when you were melting and calling it BS you were adamant based on?
FA compo is normally announced shortly after a signing (e.g. McStay $650 x 5 attracted Band 3)

Looking at Brisbane’s contract status for players, Tom Fullerton out of contract this year and also Connor McFadyn, I don’t know a lot about either. Fullarton replaced Daniher in the final against Melbourne, 200cm, could be a ruck back up option if the Lobb deal falls through.
God I hope not. Fullerton is a spud.

Says something about Brisbane's depth

Your original post when you were melting and calling it BS you were adamant based on?
FA compo is normally announced shortly after a signing (e.g. McStay $650 x 5 attracted Band 3)
Did I say I was adamant? I have been saying the dogs weren't afforded the opportunity because Jones cancelled out any possibility. I don't believe his acquisition should have given the circumstances.

Agree to disagree but everyone is allowed to have an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back