Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding this Hunter stuff.

Why would we set up a rival to win a flag? Future second seems unders to me considering his status and age demograph.

I understand stuff may have happened internally but it would want to be significant to consider trading him out. Can we not gut our midfield in one trade period?

It would make more sense to me that we're attempting to send a message to him.
Trust me it is SIGNIFICANT!!

If we could off load him to Norf or Gold Coast we would. But the only team that has shown interest is Melbourne so we have to consider it.

Jake Lever thinks Bell is an amateur

ezgif-1-88f0ade513-gif.1504190

Just about my favourite non-Dogs moment of the year.

Can someone please tell me whether the Wingard talk is based on anything at all or just another name plucked from somewhere with zero basis for anything?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Wingard links to elsewhere is via the media

The Wingard links to us, is Dogs fans thinking he is still a good player

Love how John Ralph has used Darcy and JUH as an example of us getting lucky, and swings and roundabouts, but completely chose to ignore the Lions getting Ashcroft, Fletcher and Dunkley in the same year they played off in a prelim. To use his words, lions need to pay up!

Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocrite journalists.

Then again, he works for Murdoch, so truth to him and his mates is a very very distant cousin.

Hi Guys
Thoughts on this proposed trade considering we are in premiership contention.

Trade Dunkley and Pick 39 for Pick 21, Future First and Second.

Trade our Future Second and Pick 30 for Rory Lobb

Trade pick 21 and a future first for Chad Wingard considering Hawthorn are having a fire sale

Head into the draft with pick 11
Lobb, Jones and Wingard though trade

I would rather us get something for Dunkley rather than send him to the PSD.

A late second would probably be enough, if we went down that path.

This may have been posted already, but the guys on Trade Radio just mentioned that Dunkley could potentially go to the PSD and put a price of $1.5M for one year on his head. Then he could smooth it out over a number of years with Brisbane. This would be his way of getting to his club of choice as he wouldn't re-negotiate with a club he doesn't want to be at. Completely flawed system if this is the case!

This may have been posted already, but the guys on Trade Radio just mentioned that Dunkley could potentially go to the PSD and put a price of $1.5M for one year on his head. Then he could smooth it out over a number of years with Brisbane. This would be his way of getting to his club of choice as he wouldn't re-negotiate with a club he doesn't want to be at. Completely flawed system if this is the case!

Brisbane have done that before with Daniher and Essendon. 😡

North and Essendon have much more cap space than Brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still multiple teams with a pick before Brisbane that could do the same

I’m pretty sure that’s wrong, if a player nominates for the PSD the contract they put on their head is binding, to prevent that sort of thing happening.

If it worked like that then why wouldn't every player who goes in the draft do that to get to his club of choice?

Lions would have to have the $1.5M in cap space to actually draft him. He can’t renegotiate the deal during its first year but can renegotiate like Daniher did in his second year.

Trade update
Brisbane is likely to be the hold up this afternoon re Dunkley.
Some proposals link Dunkley’s move to a three way deal with Fremantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back