Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I completely disagree with thier criticism of Bevo. It's only because we bargained so hard that we ended up with additional picks.

However, Caroline Wilson on SA radio saying it was Bevo that held up the trade period and that he has too much say at the club.

Hutchy (who I hate) who is close friends with Liam Pickering & Damo saying it was Bevo that wanted an additional 4th round pick.

Lions held up the trade with the way they went about it.

I would say it was the lions. They could have offered what we accepted 3 days earlier.

Why should we have accepted less than we got, even if it was only a 4th we haggled over in the end. It's an asset that is now ours.

Correct. I said it days ago, but what we did if we were Geelong would be called 'strong club' and 'smart business'.

Player managers like Pickering are leeches. Nothing more, nothing less. We owe him and Dunkley nothing. Dunkley was fortunate enough to play in a flag (was it deserved at that point, probably not, anyway...).

Plenty of players that have bled for our club, spent many fruitless years with us didn't have that opportunity.

Bottom line is the club owed Dunkley nothing. The club had a duty to get the very best deal it could. That's it. If it took too long and upset Pickering and Dunkley and Brisbane and d***head journos spoon fed by Pickering, Hutchison and Barrett, then tough.

Let me guess - led by Barrett? I couldn't give a toss. We had player, they wanted player, we wanted fair price, they didn't want to offer fair price.

Would you give away your $600k house for $200k? Of course not.

This whole 'Dogs at fault' line is being spun by journos who have a close relationship with Prickering who is determined for him, his client and his clients new club to come out smelling like roses, because that's what he has to do. Total campaigner.

Wilson - known to have a grudge against Bevo as well. Also a total campaigner. How is she still even a thing? Retire already.

Pickering said on trade radio after it went through that the 4th rounder swap was the delay, but I’d call absolute bullshit on that. No wonder he’d avoid the Bulldogs room, because nobody would wanted to have seen the prick

They're going to come hard for Beveridge next year. All of them.

Then he’ll need to sort out the gameplan, finish top four and shut them up. I don’t care what the media say, but this list should now be more than good enough to be in contention so expectation should be high.

They’ll move on quickly enough if the team is winning most weeks.

Correct. I said it days ago, but what we did if we were Geelong would be called 'strong club' and 'smart business'.

Player managers like Pickering are leeches. Nothing more, nothing less. We owe him and Dunkley nothing. Dunkley was fortunate enough to play in a flag (was it deserved at that point, probably not, anyway...).

Plenty of players that have bled for our club, spent many fruitless years with us didn't have that opportunity.

Bottom line is the club owed Dunkley nothing. The club had a duty to get the very best deal it could. That's it. If it took too long and upset Pickering and Dunkley and Brisbane and d***head journos spoon fed by Pickering, Hutchison and Barrett, then tough.

Journos target Bevo, and hence the Dogs, because he is openly contemptuous of their professionalism and ethics, whereas other coaches are merely privately contemptuous.

The football media either needs to either toughen up or be better at their jobs. I can't see either of these things happening any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then he’ll need to sort out the gameplan, finish top four and shut them up. I don’t care what the media say, but this list should now be more than good enough to be in contention so expectation should be high.

They’ll move on quickly enough if the team is winning most weeks.

Even if we don't make top 4, Bevo should still be our senior coach in 2024 and beyond.

Last edited:
Dunkley on Qld channel 7 news. Reporter crowing that Brisbane dudded the Bulldogs. Dunkley with the usual cliches when a player arrives at a new club. Apparently the other players have warned him about training in the Queensland heat 😁 ☀️ 🔥 😓
Good that they showed preview before the ads so i could turn it off

Pickering said on trade radio after it went through that the 4th rounder swap was the delay, but I’d call absolute bullshit on that. No wonder he’d avoid the Bulldogs room, because nobody would wanted to have seen the prick
Brisbane takes 10 days to offer something even close to reasonable value but the dogs delayed i the trade by taking another hour trying to get as close as adequate compensation as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back