Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone listening to the presser, did Bevo just go early on a Busslinger contract extension announcement..? Was talking about Weightman extension and Sam Power and then touched a little bit of Busslinger without saying anything (was just odd he mentioned his name)

Here is a paraphrased version of what Bevo said, he was solely talking about Cody Weightman.

"For those around him and the boys that are thinking about their futures, it's always a challenge. For Sam Power it's always a challenge given the offers from other clubs and conversations with player managers. It's great that Flea has been able to sign on, and Buss is another one - young player and really starting to improve and come on and enjoying his time here"

Likely if Bazz and Garcia pick Geelong

Geel: Bazz and Garcia
Dogs: Pick 14, F2 and 34
Can't see a double swoop happening to Geelong. Hawthorn's rapid improvement makes me wonder whether they cool on Baz, he isn't walking into 80% CBA's if he joins them. Funnily enough he'll be playing a lot of high half forward I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder where things are at with the Barrass conversations. Having Barrass, Jones, JOD and Busslinger in 2025 would be amazing.
I wouldn't be shocked if the Bailey Smith move is tied to Barrass coming over

Eagles would want a decent first rounder

MORE YEARS FOR ROOKIES?

THE AFL is considering a change to the rules where players would be able to stay on rookie lists for up to five years.

Currently players can only spend three consecutive seasons on the rookie list before needing to be upgraded to the senior list or delisted.

But as part of discussions with clubs, the League has had support for extending the limit to five years under certain parameters in a bid to allow clubs more time to develop key-position types and ruck talents as rookies.

Under a possible stipulation raised, rookies would be able to stay on the rookie list after their third year if they have not played a certain number of games at AFL level by then and again at the end of their fourth year.

The rule has had support from clubs as the AFL looks at different mechanisms as part of its wide-ranging competitive balance review. – Callum Twomey

What whould we get for Garcia, if he were to request a trade. R3 pick perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Garcia is worth more to us going forward than what we could get in a trade.

I wonder where things are at with the Barrass conversations. Having Barrass, Jones, JOD and Busslinger in 2025 would be amazing.
Seems like overkill to get Barrass if Lobb stays and plays well in defence for the remainder of the season and decides to stick around.

Buss committing, Lobb staying put, allows us to go hard for a top shelf mid. We're not a hard sell for someone looking for September prospects over the next 3 years.

Seems like overkill to get Barrass if Lobb stays and plays well in defence for the remainder of the season and decides to stick around.

Buss committing, Lobb staying put, allows us to go hard for a top shelf mid. We're not a hard sell for someone looking for September prospects over the next 3 years.
Considering Jones' age we still need Barrass or another lockdown KPD.

Lobb, JOD and Jones in defence, Naughton, JUH forward, English and Darcy ruck/fwd and fwd/ruck.

VFL team will go undefeated with Barrass, Buss and Keath in defence, and Buku, Croft forward, LSmith rucking with Gardner as ruck chopout/utility.

Bevo and Power are geniuses.

And... Baz and Garcia reject Cats/Cotton On offers to open a coffee and donuts van outside the new Footscray hospital, raking in bazillions from caffeine-addicted health workers (something I know very well), both spending spare time serving customers themselves, wearing sheer mesh singlets.

2025 is going to be such a ride, none of us will know how to react. Strap in BF-ers! 😄😄😄🔴⚪🔵

Considering Jones' age we still need Barrass or another lockdown KPD.
Apart from his knee issue this week he’s really showing no sign of slowing down just yet. I’d be confident in getting another two seasons out of him. Remember he missed a fair bit of footy after the whole covid vax situation.

If Lobb can continue to show the same form down back for the remainder of the year then targeting a high quality mid might be the play.

Apart from his knee issue this week he’s really showing no sign of slowing down. I’d be confident in getting another two seasons out of him. Remember he missed a fair bit of footy after the whole covid vax situation.

If Lobb can continue to show the same form down back for the remainder of the year then targeting a high quality mid might be the play.
Baz?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back