Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim English
Bailey Smith
Riley Garcia
Jason Johannisen
Charlie Clarke
Alex Keath
Buku Khamis
Dominic Bedendo
Taylor Duryea
Kelsey Rypstra
Lachie McNeil

List of the last remaining without signatures for next year. The top 3 are significant, beyond that I think the rest hold little to no value from a trade perspective. Buku maybe climbs above that depending on how we can play out the season.

Tim English
Bailey Smith
Riley Garcia
Jason Johannisen
Charlie Clarke
Alex Keath
Buku Khamis
Dominic Bedendo
Taylor Duryea
Kelsey Rypstra
Lachie McNeil

List of the last remaining without signatures for next year. The top 3 are significant, beyond that I think the rest hold little to no value from a trade perspective. Buku maybe climbs above that depending on how we can play out the season.
Buku is weird in that he probably is worth more to someone else than he is to us. Agree with your sentiment that the top 3 are significant, although Riley Garcia less so than the top 2.

Tim English
Bailey Smith
Riley Garcia
Jason Johannisen
Charlie Clarke
Alex Keath
Buku Khamis
Dominic Bedendo
Taylor Duryea
Kelsey Rypstra
Lachie McNeil

The interesting question is if you're paying decent to big money for one of english or smith, and you can only choose one, which do you pick?

Good on Busslinger for having the patience.

Doesnt seem like the current coach is a fan though.

Allan Jeans wasn't a fan of Dipper I guess that's why he played 99 reserve games.

Jesus we're all so impatient these days.

As for Garcia and Smith, I don't know, but the grass isn't always greener.

Garcia could, I don't know, maybe work hard and make it impossible for him to be dropped? Just a thought.

Also, what a world that journo hack thought bubbles on trades and player movements (most of which turn out to be utter garbage) get reported by other journos as 'news'. The incestuous nature of our media is vomit worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIVALS EYEING GARCIA

Western Bulldogs utility Riley Garcia has reportedly emerged as a trade target for rival clubs.

The 23-year old has overcome a raft of injuries early in his career to get his best run at AFL level in 2024, having averaged 17.4 disposals from eight games before being dropped after the Dogs’ 43-point loss to Brisbane in Round 13.

And Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger reports that, should Garcia remain out of Luke Beveridge’s side, other teams will pursue him.

“I think there’s a watch on Riley Garcia, he’s far too good to be playing VFL — he’s had 41, 31, 35, and 31 (disposals respectively) in the VFL this year,” Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger told Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Really surprised he got dropped a few weeks ago ... had a wretched run of injury throughout his career, missed 32 games in his first four years but has not missed a beat this year.

“I think both club and player said at the start of the year: ‘Let’s see if how his body holds up and if he’s playing AFL football.’

“If he stays out of the team, I just think other clubs will come for him and they’d be silly not to.”
Reading Landsberger's comments, this seems like nothing but speculation on his part.

Garcia remains unsigned and out of the team, but there's nothing in what he's saying here that actually points to any actually clubs pursuing him (that's not to say they necessarily aren't).

Good on Busslinger for having the patience.

Doesnt seem like the current coach is a fan though.
Not getting a coach isn't a fan vibe. Bevo has a reasonable history of allowing kp players time to strengthen up and build their games in the twos

He seems to be much less of a play the kids coach than many would like.

If we got Barrass, you’d happily ship Lobb off wouldn’t you?
I don't think I'd ever be happy to ship off a player like Lobb though given his salary is actually very little comparatively speaking.

In saying that, if every club should have a depth tall that can play at either side of the ground I'd hope that in 2025 that role can be filled by Croft.

Reading Landsberger's comments, this seems like nothing but speculation on his part.

Garcia remains unsigned and out of the team, but there's nothing in what he's saying here that actually points to any actually clubs pursuing him (that's not to say they necessarily aren't).
Come on Sent, ol' son...

Every germalist knows for a fact that every player dropped from every side wants out 😎

Where else does click bait come from these days? 😁

Not getting a coach isn't a fan vibe. Bevo has a reasonable history of allowing kp players time to strengthen up and build their games in the twos

Held Jamarra back and received a lot of criticism (both on here and in the media) for doing so. In hindsight I would say that he managed Jamarra perfectly. He'll know when the kid is ready.

Agree

The vibe I am getting from JB is the club is been patient with me so I need to be patient also and we are all on the same page

Tim English
Bailey Smith
Riley Garcia
Jason Johannisen
Charlie Clarke
Alex Keath
Buku Khamis
Dominic Bedendo
Taylor Duryea
Kelsey Rypstra
Lachie McNeil

And there will be 3-5 delists / trades from that list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back