Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we got Barrass, you’d happily ship Lobb off wouldn’t you?
With Croft and Buss developing as key position players, do we really need to expend a first round draft pick on Barrass?

We are most likely losing Smith. Libba & Treloar are on the wrong side of 30 and Bont is 29 next year imo replenishing our midfield stocks should be priority.

If Lobb is solid down back over a few weeks, do we drop off Barass?

There are a few queries on TB and a tall defender group of Jones, JOD, Lobb, Busslinger, Croft, Coffield, Gardner and Khamis is starting to look pretty versatile and deep enough (even presuming Keath's retirement).

No substantial trade ins and a first round quality draft pick from the Baz trade wouldn't be a horrible outcome for mine.

Smith will be traded
Daniel likely traded
Bedendo delisted
Keath retired
McNeil (as a rookie) delisted
I'd also trade Khamis personally.

That's enough movement without factoring in the potential for their to be a Lobb trade or Duryea and/or JJ retirement.

In an ideal world

Our backline would be
Dale, Jones, Bramble
JOD, Barrass, Williams
Bench: Lobb

Have Lobb rotate with Jones and Barrass throughout the game

After reading more about Barrass’ back injury my initial enthusiasm has been somewhat quelled. I’d tread very very carefully offering a long term contract on good money to someone who’s suffered that level of trauma to his back. They don’t get any better as we age.

“It still gives me a bit of trouble in my everyday life. It’s OK when I’m moving but as soon as I’m static I feel like I’ve got a broken back again,” Barrass said.

“It’s a permanent thing and it’s something that I work on from the second I wake up I’ve got to do my mobility and get moving and find a way to come to work.

“Because it is my job, ultimately, at the end of the day. I still consider myself lucky to have the life that I have and in the scheme of things it’s a problem that I can manage.

“A bit of suffering is good, I hear.”

Barrass, who is under contract until the end of the 2027 season, accepts the risk of further damage.

“But with the physiotherapy and some of the other medical treatments that are available to me, I’m able to get out of bed and get moving and get on with my life mostly,” he said.

“If I do it again I’m certainly in trouble but mate, I’m like you, I’ve got a mortgage, this is my job and I’ve got a family and I’ve got to go to work everyday.

“There’s a point at which I’ll certainly stop trying or have to completely prioritise things (at home) but I’ve got a job.

“I’ve got a role to play and I’m going to do my very best to balance all the balls while I can and if that becomes unmanageable I’ll have to say goodbye.”

Buss signing on is massive for us.
Developing very well, get the sense we are grooming him to take over from Jones as that classic FB who can also intercept (think this side of his game will come out more once he gets the defensive side of things down Pat)
Should play next season after another pre-season under his belt.

Great to see he has bought in and is willing to develop in the 2nds until it’s his time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Lobb continues to take his opportunity down back, we really don’t need Barass (I also don’t think he’ll move and Eagles will come to the party with the extension, now that they have missed out on Buss).

Next year will enter with experienced players in Lobb, Keath (if stays on) & Jones.

Developing talls in JOD, Buss & Croft

Then we also have Khamis (if not traded).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lobb continues to take his opportunity down back, we really don’t need Barass (I also don’t think he’ll move and Eagles will come to the party with the extension, now that they have missed out on Buss).

Next year will enter with experienced players in Lobb, Keath (if stays on) & Jones.

Developing talls in JOD, Buss & Croft

Then we also have Khamis (if not traded).

Can’t see Keath being on the list next year

I was so sure Busslinger was gone. Would have given 20:1 odds against him staying. Stoked he’s recommitted I think he can add some real value in the next couple of years.
I got a friend who’s a list manager at another club who was also skeptic that Buss would stay, so your not alone.

Good job Power and team.

Also sounds like English is close to signing too. All of the sudden spots for next year are tight.

Bedendo will want to turn it on for the rest of the year to keep a spot. I personally think we should move him to the rookie list and keep him on.

So much positivity and great news in this thread. What is happening? Not so long ago we were talking about the Bont being so unhappy he was considering leaving? Seems like happy days at Whitten Oval.

This is what was said on Gettable

Caleb Daniel​

The All-Australian has two years to go on his deal at the Dogs and he's going to have to find a suitor to get him out of there. At the moment, there's no indication of where that could be so his future remains up in the air.

Tom Barrass​

It's so hard to get the best key defenders and this man is one of the best. The Bulldogs are coming hard with a deal worth more than $3 million over a long period of time. He's still contracted at the Eagles for three more years and they're in discussions on extending that as well. But a move is still in play and the Dogs need to be ready to pounce if he does decide to look at his options at the end of the year. Collingwood has had interest but is not expected to pursue further.

Tim English​

The big ruck is getting closer and closer to signing his contract at the Bulldogs. It's expected he will sign off on this one reasonably soon. He's got a five-year deal in front of him and indications are he'll stay.

Rory Lobb​

The tall has still has two years left on his deal. He moved to the back line over the weekend and did really well, but other clubs have interest and the trade talk won't stop.

Bailey Smith​

One of the biggest names in the market this year. Out injured and is now back from his break in Europe, so it's likely there'll be a clear sign pretty soon on whether it's the Cats or the Hawks for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back