Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb is going surprisingly well in defence. Keeping him for the next two years on his affordable contract is looking like a good idea.

JUH is just elite at that HHF role. Speed, smarts, marking, ground balls…. Like it’s a role made for him. He can then beat his opponent back to goal when required. He is still not at his peak endurance and with Darcy & Naughton deeper, JUH isn’t needed to be that long target from a slow build up.

I'm a big anti English ruck role due to how he doesn't adept to physical rucks

Tonight was the prime example of his learning his craft
Controlled the game with his short routine and gave us first choice most of the night

Now time for him to back it up
Interestingly there were 16 players rated ahead of him by Champion Data/SuperCoach last night, while last week he was bewilderingly rated our best and third best on ground overall.

I’m certain 99% of people would agree his game last night was miles ahead of last week. Goes to show how little water the stats argument holds for English

In next two/four weeks we get back: Trelor, Naughton, JOD, Jones and Harmes - then maybe JJ. Keath is back.

What is our best 22 looking like now with these players back?

FB: JJ Jones Lobb

HB: Khamis JOD Dale

C: Williams Trelor Gallagher

R: English Bont Libba

HF: Harmes Naughton West

FF: Weightman Darcy JUH

Int: Red, Macrae, Friejah, Sanders

Sub: Garcia (I am confused he is not playing) Bramble, Duryea, VDM, Coffield

And likely to want to expose Buss.

In next two/four weeks we get back: Trelor, Naughton, JOD, Jones and Harmes - then maybe JJ. Keath is back.

What is our best 22 looking like now with these players back?

FB: JJ Jones Lobb

HB: Khamis JOD Dale

C: Williams Trelor Gallagher

R: English Bont Libba

HF: Harmes Naughton West

FF: Weightman Darcy JUH

Int: Red, Macrae, Friejah, Sanders

Sub: Garcia (I am confused he is not playing) Bramble, Duryea, VDM, Coffield

And likely to want to expose Buss.
Gallagher seriously? Richards to wing, Bramble to replace JJ, Garcia to interchange, Duryea as sub

This is my best 22 for the rest of the year when / if everyone is fit.

FB: Bramble Jones Lobb
HB: JJ O’Donnell Dale
C: Williams Treloar Richards
HF: Macrae Naughton West
F: Weightman Darcy Marra
C: English Bont Libba
INT: Poulter, Duryea, Vandermeer, Harmes
SUB: Freijah

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interestingly there were 16 players rated ahead of him by Champion Data/SuperCoach last night, while last week he was bewilderingly rated our best and third best on ground overall.

I’m certain 99% of people would agree his game last night was miles ahead of last week. Goes to show how little water the stats argument holds for English

The raw hit outs stats weren't too bad for English yesterday, but worth pointing out that the hit outs to advantage stat was 17-3 in favour of Carlton with 12 for Pittonet and 5 for TDK. English averages 8.6 hits to advantage per game this year, so only 3 was a pretty poor showing for him in that respect. Hits to advantage are a highly weighted stat by Champion Data, is my understanding.

The raw hit outs stats weren't too bad for English yesterday, but worth pointing out that the hit outs to advantage stat was 17-3 in favour of Carlton with 12 for Pittonet and 5 for TDK. English averages 8.6 hits to advantage per game this year, so only 3 was a pretty poor showing for him in that respect. Hits to advantage are a highly weighted stat by Champion Data, is my understanding.
I might be one out here , but if anyone watches the replay again , you will see English’s ruck work was very very ordinary, so not surprised by those stats.
Nothing new, most other things he does are pretty good.

Fantastic win though , the whole 22 should be proud of that performance.

Haven’t seen JUH post anything on social media with his gf in quite some time. Might have split up. Could explain a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah have split up a while back now, not sure what effect that has on him but I remember seeing it on twitter about a month or so ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Nathan Brown ever had any inside knowledge on trade moves? I can't recall any. Thought he'd be too busy encouraging people to gamble...

Goes to show how little water the stats argument holds for English
Or it goes to show how bad fans are at assessing performance of individuals when emotion and confirmation bias are massively clouding our judgement from week to week.

When we win all our players are stars and when we lose they're all absolute spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back