Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Englishes' contract is a long way down the road now, he'll be staying. Both parties have agreed to terms, now it's the little shit being nutted out.
These long contracts are always becoming more complex as well in terms of bonuses/base salary as it relates to triggers and form too. That takes a while, and there's minor quibbling about what technically be a trigger, bonus, whether we can move 2029's money to 2028, etc. etc. (as you say, little shit).

I've heard with the Naughton contract that it's like this, very complex, in that if he keeps solid form he'll earn a million a year over the length of the deal but it can decrease quite significantly for the final couple of years if his overall form drops to the extent that he's e.g. "just" getting a game, outside our best 10-15 players, or whatever.

It'd definitely be one or the other given how well Travaglia has done during the champs, he has definitely climbed up the rankings but I agree the combo would be perfect and completely changes the make up of our squad.

Holding out hope that we’ll move our next years first and trade a few others to upgrade / bundle picks to sides that need points.

There’ll be ways if that’s the route we want to go down. But I would personally love for us to be that aggressive to get into a better position come draft day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not just Lobb either. With Buss re-signing and Lobb and Khamis looking good down back, the need for further kpd talent seems much less urgent than it did 3 weeks ago.

Best 3 of Jones, Lobb, JOD, Khamis, Coffield, Gardner, Busslinger, Croft looking like a workable unit for mine.
The idea of stressing out about key defenders is always a little weird to me. We won a flag with Hamling and Roberts. It's the least settled of Sydney's positions, and they lost two of their mainstays in recent years there (the McCartin brothers), yet they've recovered and the top of the ladder.

Players get squeezed out (e.g. Zerk-Thatcher, who is doing okay for Port this year), become magically available for random reasons (e.g. Jones), can be acquired cheaply (e.g. Gold Coast getting a career out of Sam Collins as a twice-recruited mature ager) or can be taught to a reasonably athletic veteran (Lobb) that investing resources into forward planning of our key defenders in the future is all a bit pointess and a waste of an investment.

But Smith is gone?

That's at least one first rounder
Smith is as good as gone and I believe Geelong are the destination. The only thing now is what does that net us. If they finish toward the Bottom of the 8 I imagine that their first makes up the majority of the deal but if the pick is closer to 18 then a future second will come into play aswell. Both are unders in my book but not much leverage to demand more.

Smith is as good as gone and I believe Geelong are the destination. The only thing now is what does that net us. If they finish toward the Bottom of the 8 I imagine that their first makes up the majority of the deal but if the pick is closer to 18 then a future second will come into play aswell. Both are unders in my book but not much leverage to demand more.
Stuff him then. I'm sure they propose to pay him stupidly then give him land and property outside the cap

And then try to screw us on the deal

Englishes' contract is a long way down the road now, he'll be staying. Both parties have agreed to terms, now it's the little shit being nutted out.
That’s a terrible way to talk about Caleb.

The idea of stressing out about key defenders is always a little weird to me. We won a flag with Hamling and Roberts. It's the least settled of Sydney's positions, and they lost two of their mainstays in recent years there (the McCartin brothers), yet they've recovered and the top of the ladder.

Players get squeezed out (e.g. Zerk-Thatcher, who is doing okay for Port this year), become magically available for random reasons (e.g. Jones), can be acquired cheaply (e.g. Gold Coast getting a career out of Sam Collins as a twice-recruited mature ager) or can be taught to a reasonably athletic veteran (Lobb) that investing resources into forward planning of our key defenders in the future is all a bit pointess and a waste of an investment.
It worked for Melbourne. But I see your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baz to sign a 2+2 contract. Earmarked as the first ever Forges 'ambassador', also will be spruiking Vern Smith Cycles in Ballarat Rd, Maidstone. Children's Palace above the Victoria St underpass throwing in a few bob too.

Club has booked him at the window table at Poon's once a month, and on the door at the Plough too. He's gonna be a busy boy, but raking in the $$$...

Hang on, there's some blokes in white coats knocking at the front door...

Dissent/spray, he’s verballed the umpire when he shouldn’t have and lost his team the match.

Not a good look.

Very harsh CB

Much worse was said during that game and weren’t paid or even pulled up

Good thing it is not a bad reflection with the recruiters

Very harsh CB

Much worse was said during that game and weren’t paid or even pulled up

Good thing it is not a bad reflection with the recruiters

It’s not harsh, it’s just the reality of it.

Kids get taught from their first year of footy- Don’t respond to the umps after a decisions made. This kid has, and unfortunately has paid the highest price.

It’s not harsh, it’s just the reality of it.

Kids get taught from their first year of footy- Don’t respond to the umps after a decisions made. This kid has, and unfortunately has paid the highest price.

Like I said the biggest price was Country lost the game as for the kid he has come out of it okay.

The umpire and the Metro player that let kid know what he had done have come worse off

Geelong demanded 2 firsts and a high second (plus some other jostling) for a 25yo Tim Kelly. With the $ they are offering Baz that is absolutely what we should be demanding in return.

Baz to sign a 2+2 contract. Earmarked as the first ever Forges 'ambassador', also will be spruiking Vern Smith Cycles in Ballarat Rd, Maidstone. Children's Palace above the Victoria St underpass throwing in a few bob too.

Club has booked him at the window table at Poon's once a month, and on the door at the Plough too. He's gonna be a busy boy, but raking in the $$$...

Hang on, there's some blokes in white coats knocking at the front door...
Ha!, caught you out! not true, because Poons isn't in Footscray anymore, and he wouldn't drive to Sunshine, not the same... Gotcha 🫠🤪

I don't have the same connections anymore at the Dogs, but I do have well-placed contacts at a couple of other clubs, and what I hear from them is contrary to a lot of what is posted here about re-signings. I hear through them that English, Garcia, and even Smith are all expected to sign extensions at the Dogs. Smith is not assured to stay but he is definitely not gone either - he is more likely than not to stay is what I hear (including from a Hawthorn staffer.)

Some of the carry-on here about Marra is juvenile and disrespectful. Every other team in the league would be ecstatic to have him, yet many of our fans show him no respect. It's simply embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back