Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread up in the Draft board re: Balic being homesick.
Would be ideal and cheap. We've got a decent trading history with Freo.
Adds a strong bodied mid to our setup
3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

Luke Brown signed today. One off my list.
Harrison Wigg remains on it.

Hooker looks solid as FF for 2-3 years.
Stewart will develop alongside Hooker and Daniher.
Forward line looks pretty set when you consider we have Langford, Laverde, Francis, Begley & Redman in the wings too.
Short of Tom Lynch coming on the market, not keen on spending picks on one.

Lets get us some mids.

3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

Forward line looks pretty set when you consider we have Langford, Laverde, Francis, Begley & Redman in the wings too.

Lets get us some mids.

Haven't seen much of him so really can't comment much other than his draft profile.

From what I can tell he definitely fills a need for us and if as you suggest he was available for a third rounder then he would be worth a chance.

You can never have enough depth through midfield and his beep test results look very good.

Similar background to Merrett in that he only concentrated on AFL in his late teens as he had a promising basketball career.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

Lets get us some mids.
Would be extremely interested in Balic, rated him very highly in his draft year (top 10 from memory).

He, Wigg and Webb look like some very good youngsters that could be available for a bargain price come the end of the year.

Doubt it. Not right age demographic for us.
Yup need players that're under 24-25 in all honesty, unless they're coming in to fill a void on the list. And the only OOC bloke out there really that would do that for us is Josh Kennedy (the Eagles one).

3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

Lets get us some mids.

Feel like we need to use a potential top 10 pick on a KPF if a decent one is available. Just about all key position gun fwds are drafted early and developed, we need one to partner Joe for the next 10 yrs, not convinced Stewart is the guy and would love Hooker to go back.
We need another young KPF!! Obviously draft picks are normally used on best available but geez we need another gun KF if we want to contend. Yeah we need mid to replace some key players over the next few years but you just can't get decent KPF outside of the 1st rd, mids you can get lucky.

Would be extremely interested in Balic, rated him very highly in his draft year (top 10 from memory).

He, Wigg and Webb look like some very good youngsters that could be available for a bargain price come the end of the year.

You talking about Lucas Webb?

It's extraordinary that he has struggled to get a game in a Dogs line up that carries about 10 butchers of the pill.

Would be all over him at the end of the year if he is playing VFL but that surely won't happen.

3rd, maybe 4th rounder.

Lets get us some mids.
Don't get your obsession with Luke Brown. He's a plodder.
Would love for us to dangle a carrot in front of Harry Deer.
Yes please

Don't get your obsession with Luke Brown. He's a plodder.

Yes please
I see Brown as a younger, slightly better version of baguley, a nice player for Adelaide.
but I agree in that we don't need him we already have bags, McNeice and Morgan and im not totally convinced his ceiling is much beyond theirs. Pass.

I don't get people obsession with dear, hasn't played a single game for the crows, why would he be any better than Stewart?

(Unless we do it to get another son of an enemy Gun to rub in their faces)

I see Brown as a younger, slightly better version of baguley, a nice player for Adelaide.
but I agree in that we don't need him we already have bags, McNeice and Morgan and im not totally convinced his ceiling is much beyond theirs. Pass.

I don't get people obsession with dear, hasn't played a single game for the crows, why would he be any better than Stewart?

(Unless we do it to get another son of an enemy Gun to rub in their faces)
I see him as basically Baguley.

Dear is a good SANFL player. Might be someone we can play in conjunction with Daniher and Stewart

Doubt it. Not right age demographic for us.

Would probably depend on whether we see the list we have being capable of challenging in the next 2 - 3 years.

I like Rockliff as a pick-up compared to Martin or Fyfe; Brisbane would also potentially let him walk since any compo pick would likely be quite high and they certainly won't be challenging while he's still an A-grader, whilst the other two are going to cost way more than I think we should be giving up at this point.

Probably another year of hitting the draft properly and we can start thinking about trading for someone like a Setterfield. Only exception for me would be if Hopper or Kennedy wanted a trade to VIC at the end of this season, they'd certainly be worth a think.

Otherwise I like the idea of targeting the fringe players that fit the group we have developing, a bit like the Saints have done with Steele - great pick-up for them and couldn't get regular gametime at GWS; Wigg, Webb or Balic all fit that description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see him as basically Baguley.

Dear is a good SANFL player. Might be someone we can play in conjunction with Daniher and Stewart

From the 2 games (yes a tiny sample size) I've seen him play he looks the type that can't play anywhere other than forward

I've no doubt the club would be targeting him. If he's keen I reckon it's more likely for 2018 though.
Yeah, they won't let go of a guy who they gave up so many points for just last year. If they lose a couple of hopper/Kennedy/kelly then I reckon there is no way they let him go.

Would probably depend on whether we see the list we have being capable of challenging in the next 2 - 3 years.

I like Rockliff as a pick-up compared to Martin or Fyfe; Brisbane would also potentially let him walk since any compo pick would likely be quite high and they certainly won't be challenging while he's still an A-grader, whilst the other two are going to cost way more than I think we should be giving up at this point.

Probably another year of hitting the draft properly and we can start thinking about trading for someone like a Setterfield. Only exception for me would be if Hopper or Kennedy wanted a trade to VIC at the end of this season, they'd certainly be worth a think.

Otherwise I like the idea of targeting the fringe players that fit the group we have developing, a bit like the Saints have done with Steele - great pick-up for them and couldn't get regular gametime at GWS; Wigg, Webb or Balic all fit that description.
Yep they could potentially have picks 1&2 if they finish last and Rockliff leaves. Meanwhile we get a gun mid for only cap space while maintaining our position in the draft. All parties would be pretty happy with that I'd imagine.

Yep they could potentially have picks 1&2 if they finish last and Rockliff leaves. Meanwhile we get a gun mid for only cap space while maintaining our position in the draft. All parties would be pretty happy with that I'd imagine.
And don't forget they have Ballenden as a guaranteed top 10 pick, their draft position starts to look very strong

And don't forget they have Ballenden as a guaranteed top 10 pick, their draft position starts to look very strong
Potential draft of Fogarty, Davies-Uniacke (going mids rather than Brander but this could change if they lose Schache - though if they do will have another 1st rounder) and Ballenden could be an insane haul.

But yes I approve of us getting Rockliff or Martin. Not as keen on Fyfe as crazy as it sounds but not sure on him given his price tag and injury history.

It'll probably be a late 2nd or 3rd if it happens. A Second round pick who has showed some promise won't be as cheap as we might like.
Late 3rd would do. Wouldn't give a second. Freo have given up little for homesick kids lately. Get in his ear get him to nominate us and freo should do the right thing for a home sick kid.

How it works I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back