Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that line of thinking completely baffles me when people think players don't cost anything because you can get them in FA and don't have to trade for them. Cap room is a cost, it's not exactly some infinite thing.
What do you mean? Of course it is, we have the drug saga player settlement outside the cap payments right? I’m sure Gaff suffered lots of mental anguish from that which we haven’t compensated him for...

What do you mean? Of course it is, we have the drug saga player settlement outside the cap payments right? I’m sure Gaff suffered lots of mental anguish from that which we haven’t compensated him for...
I must say it did slip my mind that we created extra cap room with under the table wink wink settlement payments.

People People People!!!

We should neither be getting out hopes up nor down regarding all of these players that may or may not move to our club.

Pick 8 is still a quality pick. Be good to yourselves and stop putting your hearts through the wringer over random players.

:thumbsu:

**** Luke Parker. How dare he play with our hearts and other things!!

The peoples poet has spoken.

If the asking price for Shiel is 2 firsts then it's a pass for me. I think having 3 years out of the first round of the draft will leave to big of a hole in our list.
I'd be happy with Gaff as he's a free hit (assuming they don't force a trade) & take our pick to the draft to grab one of Caldwell, Hately, Smith or RCD.

If the asking price for Shiel is 2 firsts then it's a pass for me. I think having 3 years out of the first round of the draft will leave to big of a hole in our list.
I'd be happy with Gaff as he's a free hit (assuming they don't force a trade) & take our pick to the draft to grab one of Caldwell, Hately, Smith or RCD.

Eagles will force a trade.

Not sure where I sit on Gaff....would prefer an inside beast but we probably have a need for his type as well. Super hard runner with decent speed, we could use that, depends on price. At North type money think I’d say no thanks.

Re Shiel - have this feeling that Zerret could be Shiel and more if we had that inside beast to feed him and let him play more as first receiver around the stoppage. Zac has genuine speed away from the contest, we don’t see it enough. Shiel is good, not sure he’s exactly what we should be after though.

Not sure where I sit on Gaff....would prefer an inside beast but we probably have a need for his type as well. Super hard runner with decent speed, we could use that, depends on price. At North type money think I’d say no thanks.

Re Shiel - have this feeling that Zerret could be Shiel and more if we had that inside beast to feed him and let him play more as first receiver around the stoppage. Zac has genuine speed away from the contest, we don’t see it enough. Shiel is good, not sure he’s exactly what we should be after though.
as much as i like Shiel, if we got Gaff as a free agent, spent our 1st on Hately and looked for this years Tim Kelly in the 2nd rd, i'd be quite happy with our list balance at that point.

Shiel was my favourite GWS player before this season. He hasn't been the same since Cochin ruined his shoulder. Guess you just have to trust the clubs to do their due diligence re injuries and getting the right fit of player at the right price to benefit the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connor’s says GWS would have to come to the party and commit to Shiel if he’s to stay.

Get the impression they aren’t offering him a longer contract (makes sense - they need to accommodate other players that are probably more important to them).

He’ll only go to a Melbourne club and definitely not the Swans.

I’m curious - people aren’t actually hitting refresh on their browsers thinking there will magically be a new development every five minutes yet, are they?

I’m beginning to have my doubts.
Lol of course not.

It's on auto refresh.

I’m curious - people aren’t actually hitting refresh on their browsers thinking there will magically be a new development every five minutes yet, are they?

I’m beginning to have my doubts.
I’m prepared to shame myself - I’ve been doing it since round 22.

Maybe not every 5 minutes, but my interest is peaked and I hate it.

I’m prepared to shame myself - I’ve been doing it since round 22.

Maybe not every 5 minutes, but my interest is peaked and I hate it.
2017? Yeah me too...the trade news gets especially slow and frustrating during games. They should just scrap the games and have trade news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back