Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with parting with Fantasia, Laverde or Langford if we can get the right price.

I think Francis has already made the decision to go home. He just wants to announce it after the Crichton Medal so he doesn't feel as awkward.

Not sure on getting Paddy back but would be happy with Ellis (if cheap) and SPP.

Also agree with the earlier comment about getting a premiership midfielder in whose in the twilight of their career. Like we did with James Kelly.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't think we can get 2 top 10s for daniher atm sadly.
100% we can get two firsts. If he leaves during free agency next year we get a first round compo pick most likely. Therefore the reason to trade him this year is to maximise the value. We have the upper hand this year, but not next year. The time is right if we’re letting him go or he wants to leave.
Personally I think this meeting with Tom has ended up being a perfect storm and it is not all it seems. Stupid Merret poured a truckload of fuel on the storey and its burning like the Hindenburg now.

Apparently Sydney have 2 gun midfielders coming through the academies next year.
Hence a future pick may be of value to to them.

Pick 4, pick 8 (Papley trade) and Ben Ronke
For
Joe Daniher and 2020 2nd rounder

I get the whole recency bias thing but some of you guys seem way too content to lose Raz who up until halfway through this season was by far and away our most important player.

Picture this:
You're sitting on your couch on a Saturday night watching the footy and there is Joe finger twirling at the SCG in a Swans jumper kicking them from deep inside the square on that matchbox of an oval. F***! I'll change the channel to the Port game and there's Raz slotting one from the boundary, a teal and black sign reads "Raz's Pocket!", he's kicked 5... Honestly, that'd just about be me done.

I get the whole recency bias thing but some of you guys seem way too content to lose Raz who up until halfway through this season was by far and away our most important player.

Picture this:
You're sitting on your couch on a Saturday night watching the footy and there is Joe finger twirling at the SCG in a Swans jumper kicking them from deep inside the square on that matchbox of an oval. F***! I'll change the channel to the Port game and there's Raz slotting one from the boundary, a teal and black sign reads "Raz's Pocket!", he's kicked 5... Honestly, that'd just about be me done.
Then change the channel to watch Mitch Brown trying to take chest marks on the wing....i get it we must keep both

Complex.

Sydney trades papley, 50&57 to Carlton for p8&next years third.
Sydney trade p4, p8, 23 to Essendon for daniher and next year's third.

Sydney
In
Daniher, 2 3rds
Out
Papley, 4, 23, 50, 57

4,8,23,29,31 gives us a huge tilt at someone(s)

Then change the channel to watch Mitch Brown trying to take chest marks on the wing....i get it we must keep both
I get Joe is possibly 50/50 out the door, it sucks but I could deal with it if we're adequately compensated.

Some here are talking packages where we get rid of both, we are selling both at their lowest possible point. Both at their peak they're probably worth 3 top 10s and a 2nd combined. If we were to sell now we're most probably getting back a 1st, a 2nd and change.

I'm so ****ing sick of mediocrity, if we lose our 2 most important players that are 25 and under, we should probably get used to another 10 years of mediocrity.

I get Joe is possibly 50/50 out the door, it sucks but I could deal with it if we're adequately compensated.

Some here are talking packages where we get rid of both, we are selling both at their lowest possible point. Both at their peak they're probably worth 3 top 10s and a 2nd combined. If we were to sell now we're most probably getting back a 1st, a 2nd and change.

I'm so ******* sick of mediocrity, if we lose our 2 most important players that are 25 and under, we should probably get used to another 10 years of mediocrity.

suggest if we don't sort out our pissant club culture we will be mediocre regardless.

we are about as ruthless as a club as gold coast.

Desperate times, so on so forth

Eh, you're describing your worst nightmare like it's gonna happen. I love Joe, don't want him to leave etc but I support the jumper more than the player. We will all get over it eventually. It probably helps that he isn't already a player who has brought us success. Hawks losing Buddy is way more significant than us losing Joe. They coped, but mainly because they are(were) a ****ing good team. That's the difference.

Eh, you're describing your worst nightmare like it's gonna happen. I love Joe, don't want him to leave etc but I support the jumper more than the player. We will all get over it eventually. It probably helps that he isn't already a player who has brought us success. Hawks losing Buddy is way more significant than us losing Joe. They coped, but mainly because they are(were) a ******* good team. That's the difference.
I think thats it though
If we had played two GFs, and coming off a win, losing daniher isnt so bad.

We are nowhere near that. and we are losing a crucial piece of the puzzle.

Hopefully if he goes we are seeking out a high profile replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we are into Peter Wright, I realise it would be a fair downgrade on Joe but I still feel like there is an strong chance he makes it given the right opportunity. Wouldn't cost the world.

As far as I’m concerned he’s already at a standard that could play in a premiership team. He’d easily kick 2 plus goals a game in a good team and he competes to a good standard as well.

Eh, you're describing your worst nightmare like it's gonna happen. I love Joe, don't want him to leave etc but I support the jumper more than the player. We will all get over it eventually. It probably helps that he isn't already a player who has brought us success. Hawks losing Buddy is way more significant than us losing Joe. They coped, but mainly because they are(were) a ******* good team. That's the difference.

how do you double like a comment, double stampies, no erasies like?

Funny how a month or 2 ago I advised that Sydney would come knocking. As a result Milanista and Co. wanted to knife me or said he wouldn't command much in trade value with his injury concerns.

Now the army are crying out for 2 x first rounders plus some.

how do you double like a comment, double stampies, no erasies like?

Funny how a month or 2 ago I advised that Sydney would come knocking. As a result Milanista and Co. wanted to knife me or said he wouldn't command much in trade value with his injury concerns.

Now the army are crying out for 2 x first rounders plus some.

I doubt I wanted to knife you mate, Not sure i remember the posts at all.

It's true the only reason the Swans would offer what he's worth is because they're confident they'll get him back to his best.

Would anyone offer pick 4 and 8 for something that's uncertain? If they're unwilling to offer what we want he should stay as he's contracted.

We are a mediocre football side with holes to plug, but the current holes IMO are manageable, if we add an elite tall marking forward hole we are in strife.

Of course the Swans are keeping tabs on JD as he’s a FA next year. With such doubt over his body, I don’t for a second think they’re going to make a huge trade for him this year when they can wait, see how his body goes for another 12 months and then offer him the same contract but get him for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back