Trade or Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys, Im registered on a few Tiger Forums as well as BF & There are very strong rumours that the GC have made
Robin Nahas an offer and that he could be moving up to the GC.

What your thoughts and have you heard anything.

Cheers

Hi Guys, Im registered on a few Tiger Forums as well as BF & There are very strong rumours that the GC have made
Robin Nahas an offer and that he could be moving up to the GC.

What your thoughts and have you heard anything.

Cheers

Extremely hard to see that.

We're not really lacking in small forwards, and I imagine the Tigers would never part with him.

I think if Josh caddy was definately leaving, Tigers would certainly part with Nahas.

Also whats the story with Toy - Is he gone

Toy gorn. Still not sure I can see the swap with Nahas. Tigers would be mad to do that trade IMO.

Toy gorn. Still not sure I can see the swap withTigers would be mad to do that trade IMO.

I personally would love to do that deal,Whilst we rate Nahas highly i believe that with King,Edwards,White we wouldnt really miss him and would cover the loss but we really need more inside midfield depth.
Hope the Tigers/Suns really trade with eachother as i would love to see
Caddy,Toy,Nichols all make there way to punt road

I personally would love to do that deal,Whilst we rate Nahas highly i believe that with King,Edwards,White we wouldnt really miss him and would cover the loss but we really need more inside midfield depth.
Hope the Tigers/Suns really trade with eachother as i would love to see
Caddy,Toy,Nichols all make there way to punt road

Wow, Caddy, Toy and Nicholls in exchange for what?

Surely not Nahas (no offence) your talking Riewoldt territory there and he wouldn't leave punt rd and I am not sure his tantrum laden persona would be welcome at the Suns.

Your first pick and a big body would spark some interest I would think.

Wow, Caddy, Toy and Nicholls in exchange for what?

Surely not Nahas (no offence) your talking Riewoldt territory there and he wouldn't leave punt rd and I am not sure his tantrum laden persona would be welcome at the Suns.

Your first pick and a big body would spark some interest I would think.
No Not just for nahas, I just mentioned that these players (2) look like they are gone would be good fits at the tigers

No Not just for nahas, I just mentioned that these players (2) look like they are gone would be good fits at the tigers
I agree they would be a good fit, what do you think about the notion of your first pick and a big body?

I agree they would be a good fit, what do you think about the notion of your first pick and a big body?
That would really depend on the big bodied player you are after that we can afford to give up !
ATM the only players that are big bodied that Richmond would consider to release would be
McGuane-KPF/KPD
Post-KPD/KPF
Derickx-RUCK/PT FOWARD
Graham-RUCK (can play little foward)

But only McGuane & Post would be defenders

Where the heck does Nahas fit in our structure?

Matera and A.Hall are there, not to mention Lukey Russell. Next year Brown will be there too. I struggle to see how he will fit.

Ablett also will be spending more time forward as the midfield develops.
Just going by the rumour board, Not saying it fits your structure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going by the rumour board, Not saying it fits your structure

Fair enough. I dunno, I just think Richmond would be crazy to trade away Nahas. Small forwards who actually kick goals and tackle are hard to find at the best of times, and the Tiges want to give him away for a pick in the 20s? Not sure I can see it.

Maybe Melbourne would be better suited for Nahas. Outside of Blease, I struggle to think of any small forwards they have.

Fair enough. I dunno, I just think Richmond would be crazy to trade away Nahas. Small forwards who actually kick goals and tackle are hard to find at the best of times, and the Tiges want to give him away for a pick in the 20s? Not sure I can see it.

Maybe Melbourne would be better suited for Nahas. Outside of Blease, I struggle to think of any small forwards they have.
The Rumour is that a queensland Team have made him an offer $400k for 5 years, Brisbanes small fowards seem to be aplenty atm and the chances are 'IF' True its most likely GC.
Whilst we value Nahas highly 35-45 py goal kicking small foward, I dont believe the tigers would match the offer & wouldnt stand in his way if a trade was available for a needs player like Caddy.
We have edwards,king,White also playing the same role for cover & a player of Caddy's quality would be a good fit

Well, I think it's bogus personally. We have plenty of young small forwards on the list. Arguably, we could have even more than Brisbane? Matera, Hall, Ablett and Russell. And then we still have more in the wings with Gillbee and Magin.

This is not a dig against Nahas. I actually really rate him, and think about 400k would be about right for his output this year. 30+ goals for a small forward is a great return, and the age that Nahas is about to hit is where he should be hitting his prime and bending the corner. Which I think he is, given his season. But yeah, just not sure I can see it myself.

Well, I think it's bogus personally. We have plenty of young small forwards on the list. Arguably, we could have even more than Brisbane? Matera, Hall, Ablett and Russell. And then we still have more in the wings with Gillbee and Magin.

This is not a dig against Nahas. I actually really rate him, and think about 400k would be about right for his output this year. 30+ goals for a small forward is a great return, and the age that Nahas is about to hit is where he should be hitting his prime and bending the corner. Which I think he is, given his season. But yeah, just not sure I can see it myself.
Im not Familiar with some of the player you have mentioned, as im not intune with the entire GC list, But as you mentioned it probably doesnt make much sense if you have that many small fowards already on the list unless they are looking at instant impact with Tippett & Nahas in the team whilst the others mature.

Either way, The players that look like departing GC really suit Richmonds needs
Toy - Midfield/defender
Nicholls-developing ruckman
Caddy-inside mid/Fwd

Tend to agree on the Nahas speculation - sounds too rich for me, and I don't get the fit.

Only thing I would say is I do understand we were trying to get Nichols last year, and Dimma has previously shown interest in Caddy and Toy. Given you have to give something to get something, Nahas is the right player for us to concede on (with the appropriate pick arrangement for the specific deal), but I cant see why you would pick him.

On the talls, not sure what you would want from us to be honest. Rance is close to untouchable for us (he's our lynch pin down back), and Grimes is our most skilled backman IMO. You would never say they are untouchable, but I think what we would expect in return would be unrealistic for you (we lack key backs, so we cannot afford to lose those who we have). Jack of course would be off the table outside of a huge offer, and I doubt you would be up for that.

Of the rest, Astbury is massively rated, but coming of a knee and yet to have the break out year. Post would be massive unders for you guys IMO, may be in a deal, but not the key part of it. Batchelor plays tall, but is not a "real" tall - a chance for a trade, but I suspect you would want more height. Griffiths is a monster, beginning to show potential, but has had injury issues. Club has invested a lot in him, as such I think they would be reluctant to move him on at a discount (which would be jis value right now). Elton is still a boy, and I won't insult you by suggesting McGuane.

Any trade therefore between us I suspect would be a combination of picks and players depending upon who is in play, as there is no obvious straight swap. If you take one of our talls, I suspect we would have to juice the deal.

Outside the Nahas forum rumours, have you guys heard anything re: us up there this year?

Bag of used Sheerins, but I may be asking too much there. Toy's a total bust. But seriously, since it looks like we won't be picking that deep into the draft, he might have zero value? At absolute best he could be packaged for a pick upgrade.:oops:

In hindsight, it would have been better to trade Toy away last year. He had more games to his name and probably better performances. But Bluey was adamant that he could turn it around and play more senior games this year.

Not only has that not happened, but Toy has regressed and killed his worth significantly. I honestly don't think we'll get much value for him on his own. We'll probably bundle him up with some others to try and get some more value that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade or Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back