Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Hynes 28 disposals (12k 16hb) 6 marks 1 tackle 3 I50 1 R50 3 goals
Harvey Langford 26 disposals (15k 11hb) 5 marks 6 tackles 7 I50 3 R50 2 FA 1.2
Matt Whitlock 25 disposals (17k 8 hb) 12 marks 1 tackle 5 R50 1 FA
Joe Berry 18 disposals (7k 11hb) 4 marks 1 tackle 4 I50 1FF 1FA 1.2
Jack Whitlock 15 disposals (6k 9hb) 2 marks 2 tackles 2.3

Best available player every time.

We have holes in our list everywhere and injecting top end talent is the best way to rebound.

There’s been a fair few sides who have won flags with average key forwards over the years.

Geelong in 07 with Mooney as their main man and even if their other flags Hawkins was still young and developing.
Melbourne didn’t and still don’t have a notable key forward from their flag.

Collingwood last year won a flag with Frampton playing KPF.

Every premiership side always has an elite midfield complimented by a great backline.
A straight out best available type recruiting is normalcy norman type thinking I want best available with the added requirements of certain physical traits that fit in whatever the overall game plan we want .

Normal gets normal results

Smillie playing himself out of contention for pick 1. Too much risk with him, there's a lot of obvious upside but even just the way he moves scares me. Looks more RCD than Cripps/Green

Suspect he may be injured (missed last game) and possibly spent little time on ball this game (I haven’t seen the game yet). Wouldn’t read too much into it based purely on stats.

That said, it’s been a big issue of mine this year for Smillie; yet to see a game where he just takes it apart.

Suspect he may be injured (missed last game) and possibly spent little time on ball this game (I haven’t seen the game yet). Wouldn’t read too much into it based purely on stats.

That said, it’s been a big issue of mine this year for Smillie; yet to see a game where he just takes it apart.
Didn't play much mid from the parts i watched, didn't "play" much at all to be brutally honest. Not sure why he bothered.

What if we were the ones telling Smillie to tank delusionally thinking we'd beat Norf.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

A straight out best available type recruiting is normalcy norman type thinking I want best available with the added requirements of certain physical traits that fit in whatever the overall game plan we want .

Normal gets normal results

I’d take par over what we’ve dished up with first round picks over the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much more like it
He has Jaggas evasiveness in traffic with a better mark, stronger tackler and long damaging kick. 2 CTL games for him to get Toce's attention.

Watching him speak with Twomey you can see he has a team first attitude too and the Champs game directing traffic, will be a Captain in no time. We are going to need leaders.

Video was about 1 month after the thunb injury and pre-finger

Smillie had a stinker
He has Jaggas evasiveness in traffic with a better mark, stronger tackler and long damaging kick. 2 CTL games for him to get Toce's attention.

Watching him speak with Twomey you can see he has a team first attitude too and the Champs game directing traffic, will be a Captain in no time. We are going to need leaders.

Video was about 1 month after the thunb injury and pre-finger
In FOS I trust! Lock him in please Chris ✅

In FOS I trust! Lock him in please Chris ✅
Yes. Don’t necessarily draft the best player now, draft the player who is going to be best overall.
FOS IS IT

I'm no expert, but I've watched a lot of these highlight videos and games across the year and Smillie doesn't excite me much. Yes he's big but I've expected more from somewhere of his size. If he was 185cm tall I don't think he would stand out at all. If we had another pick in the 5-10 range then I'd take him but not woth pick 1

Only 2?

Caldum mentioned finals. They have some wildcard system don't they?

Do they still have that Team Judd v Team Whoever game that Shai ripped up at PRO in his draft year, or is that just u/17s now because the AFL is ******ed?

Yes. Don’t necessarily draft the best player now, draft the player who is going to be best overall.
Welcome to what I've been saying.

FOS IS IT
Let's flipping hope so.

Only 2?

Caldum mentioned finals. They have some wildcard system don't they?

Do they still have that Team Judd v Team Whoever game that Shai ripped up at PRO in his draft year, or is that just u/17s now because the AFL is ******ed?

Welcome to what I've been saying.

Let's flipping hope so.
Yeah 2 regular season games. Not sure how finals works. Haven't had to give a shit for a decade 😂😂

Feel like that's an under 17s game but they should change it this year with all the blokes who missed through injury.

I've given myself an uppercut and I'm all aboard the FOS train again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back