Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagga is an undersized low damage midfielder. He's an accumulator, good player who's stats sheet will look amazing but he's not the talent to spend pick 1 on.

Those with more knowledge than me can comment, but it’s my understanding FOS is faster than Jagga, more explosive; more skillful, a better mark, bigger and more ferocious at the contest.

Is any of that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Those with more knowledge than me can comment, but it’s my understanding FOS is faster than Jagga, more explosive; more skillful, a better mark, bigger and more ferocious at the contest.

Is any of that wrong?

Not sure if he's faster but otherwise yes I agree. Both super agile.

Is any of that wrong?

The two complement each other and we should definitely be looking for that accumulator type assuming we end up with a number of picks inside the top 15, whether that be Jagga or Xavier Lindsey I don't care as both are going to be very good players.

As for pick 1 and FOS, Im not as certain he is best player in the draft as I once was and Im not sure he ends up the best player as there is a lot of competition but the difference between him and probably everyone else outside of Lalor is intangibles. A 50/50 must win ball FOS will throw himself at it, he will stick a tackle at an important stage of the game or take a mark in amongst two opposition players. He steps up when needed in a similar way to Cotch and while he might not average the same supercoach scores or poll as many brownlow votes as others to be taken in this draft but when it matters he is more likely to perform and thats something that is hard to put a price on.

Jagga is an undersized low damage midfielder. He's an accumulator, good player who's stats sheet will look amazing but he's not the talent to spend pick 1 on.

Couldn’t agree more. Obviously recruiters will know more but in footage I have seen, I see pointless non damaging touches and turnovers. At best, looks a solid role player. You don’t use early picks on that type especially number 1! Number 1 needs a wow factor. The only player that has wow’ed me on footage alone is Draper.
Based on reports, FOS could also be that player with a few pre seasons

The undersized nonsense has to stop. Every elite mid coming through now other than Tom Green is around 180-183cm.
Butters, Gulden(176), Serong, Flanders, Daicos and Rowell

Keep up with how the game is changing fossils

The undersized nonsense has to stop. Every elite mid coming through now other than Tom Green is around 180-183cm.

Agreed. The last time I looked for tall mids was when RCD happened.

We don’t need them unless they’re actually like Tom Green or Cripps

Why would we invite him to play on our VFL list? We could have picked any player to audition for us.
Even twomey is favouring it
Twomey ain’t favouring anything. He just presented a show this week where he said 9 players are in the mix. If anything he is leaning towards Langford.

Agreed. The last time I looked for tall mids was when RCD happened.

We don’t need them unless they’re actually like Tom Green or Cripps
Reckon Smilie will get found out against men tbh. Uses his superior strength against kids to break tackles rather than a combo of strength and burst speed that Green and Cripps have from stoppage. Could add it to his game later on, don't reckon he'd be a total bust but would be a huge risk at 1.

They all have superior skill sets or real hurt factor though, Jagga doesn't look that player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Smilie will get found out against men tbh. Uses his superior strength against kids to break tackles rather than a combo of strength and burst speed that Green and Cripps have from stoppage. Could add it to his game later on, don't reckon he'd be a total bust but would be a huge risk at 1.
Yeah exactly. Thats the worry I have too. At pick 1, you want a mid that uses their strength well like Sam Walsh or is hard to catch due to their burst acceleration from contests.

If that’s not how Smilie plays, then I’d rather someone smaller with those attributes. I heard FOS and Jagga Smith have it, and we saw Jagga show some of that in our VFL side.

Look forward to seeing FOS tomorrow.

They all have superior skill sets or real hurt factor though, Jagga doesn't look that player.
What he does do though, is make players around him better and lead from the front. He also shown a capacity to be adaptable and is very coachable. He has then stepped up to VFL and performed equal to or better than more seasoned mids in terrible conditions despite his frame.

I am not saying he is no1, but he is getting under sold massively in here.

I haven’t seen any of his games in full yet but from the most the commentary around Jagga on here it seems as tho he’s going to be one of those players that has no trouble getting 25-30 every week, which of course is handy to have. But if his level of impact on games is projected similar to types like Darcy Parish, Jack Macrae and Matt Crouch just to name a few then I’m not using pick one on him. Mid to later first round pick on these types of players. We want a match winner at pick 1.

What he does do though, is make players around him better and lead from the front. He also shown a capacity to be adaptable and is very coachable. He has then stepped up to VFL and performed equal to or better than more seasoned mids in terrible conditions despite his frame.

Fair points, Morro. Can't speak for others but my only issue with him is I think there are better options at 1. I reckon there's a good chance he gets through to pick 6 and I'd be happy with him there.

Yeah Jagga and Smillie both get undersold massively. Still prefer others at 1 but Jagga is a top 4 quality player.

Why would we invite him to play on our VFL list? We could have picked any player to audition for us.
Even twomey is favouring it
Watch the Gettable segment - the order he presents them in is the order he thinks they’ll go. Subject to change over the next few weeks of course. He presented Langford first.

Last edited:
Fair points, Morro. Can't speak for others but my only issue with him is I think there are better options at 1. I reckon there's a good chance he gets through to pick 6 and I'd be happy with him there.

Yeah there probably is, but this kid couldnt have any more and is getting talked down too much considering he has performed better than all of them this year as a whole.

Yeah Jagga and Smillie both get undersold massively. Still prefer others at 1 but Jagga is a top 4 quality player.

Yeah its like most of us want something that doesnt exist this year :(

Yeah there probably is, but this kid couldnt have any more and is getting talked down too much considering he has performed better than all of them this year as a whole.

Yeah its like most of us want something that doesnt exist this year :(
Yes usually there is a standout and this year the standout has barely played so we probably wont/can't take him. We've been dudded

Watch the segment on YouTube you can tell his order he presents the kids is the order he thinks they’ll go. Subject to change over the next few weeks though.

I did watch it..and you still haven’t answered the question of why we would be auditioning him. Obviously we are seriously considering him, and that was also backed by Twomey. He said he has to be a leading front runner given we are playing him in our VFL side.
He just likes the look of Langford.

At this stage no one really knows which way we are leaning, it’s all speculation. But we can only base it what Richmond is currently doing and watching games.

Given that pick 1 this year looks a big gamble, I’m more interested in how we acquire multiple first rounders this year and who we select at 8/11/16/21 etc.

Also looking forward to FOS vs Jagga tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back