Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What would everyone think about us trading Vlaustin? I just wonder whether it would be worthwhile trading any assets that we have that aren't going to be at the club next time we contend and he is one of them.

Please note that I adore Vlaustin, I'm just thinking about our options. Please play nice if you don't like the idea. I'm just exploring thoughts.
Trade him to where
And for what

What he does do though, is make players around him better and lead from the front. He also shown a capacity to be adaptable and is very coachable. He has then stepped up to VFL and performed equal to or better than more seasoned mids in terrible conditions despite his frame.

I am not saying he is no1, but he is getting under sold massively in here.
I agree with you. This weeks VFL game will give a much better reflection on where he and FOS are at. Only saying that as it’ll be played in much better conditions than the two games Jagga has played in so far. Cold wet and muddy or windy conditions don’t exactly assist with your skills.

Agreed we need the 2 best mid/fwds in this draft as a minimum which at this stage should be those two guys.

However I trust Richmond and I will be happy when they pick 2 175cm HB flankers and chuck them as inside mids.

Yeah, I won't be happy. I'll be ordering a new load of manure for the club

Trade him to where
And for what
I reckon clubs would have to come and provide what they are willing to offer.

Despite all the BF commentary a few if not many could well stay.

The driving bit really is where other clubs are at, in their own view, how close they think they are, what they need, and how much they want our players and when? Bolton may not leave either and I am still unsure Freo or whoever can offer something up fair for Bolton's value.

People talk about franchise players, whether Bolton is franchise or not he has nice highlights for attendees and audiences watching the game apart from match winning ability

These are the links for the U17 Futures matches this weekend for anyone interested. The 2025 crop.

VC v NSW
VM v Qld

Teams not released yet but should feature guys like Greeves, Dalton, Ludowyke, Emmett for VM and Duursma, Onley, Hibbins-Hargraves for VC off top of my head.

Well nearly all of these campaigners aren't playing today 🙄

Greeves the only one I could see from the real top end.

I haven’t seen any of his games in full yet but from the most the commentary around Jagga on here it seems as tho he’s going to be one of those players that has no trouble getting 25-30 every week, which of course is handy to have. But if his level of impact on games is projected similar to types like Darcy Parish, Jack Macrae and Matt Crouch just to name a few then I’m not using pick one on him. Mid to later first round pick on these types of players. We want a match winner at pick 1.
Exactly that. He's the type of player that in year 1 will probably win the rising star because he gets it 25 times a game, but then as years go on others with more match winning upside go past him.

Exactly that. He's the type of player that in year 1 will probably win the rising star because he gets it 25 times a game, but then as years go on others with more match winning upside go past him.
Yep, can't argue he's the best player right now but he's one of those he is what he is type players.

We aren't paying our recruiters to pick the best player right now. May as well just let BF do the job if it was that simple. 😁

Think he's pick 3-8 and beyond that is great value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Smilie will get found out against men tbh. Uses his superior strength against kids to break tackles rather than a combo of strength and burst speed that Green and Cripps have from stoppage. Could add it to his game later on, don't reckon he'd be a total bust but would be a huge risk at 1.

I agree, not worth the risk at #1 but potentially at 5-10 then could be worth it.

Remember the criticism of Dusty? He was a man child in his draft year who wouldn't be able to rag doll mature adults in the AFL. 🤭

Yet Jagga has outperformed him all year....

FOS has been injured … and It’s not about what they do in U18’s or even their first few years in AFL system …. It’s what they do from 22-32yo when at their peak. Walsh outperformed Rankine in juniors and their first 4-years in AFL system… but I know I’m taking Rankine now.

Luke Ball outperformed Hodge their first few years in system …..

I don’t know who we should get, but it won’t necessarily the player who will be the best from 2025-2027…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The undersized nonsense has to stop. Every elite mid coming through now other than Tom Green is around 180-183cm.
Butters, Gulden(176), Serong, Flanders, Daicos and Rowell

Keep up with how the game is changing fossils
Agreed, completely.

Size is nice if it doesn’t detract from anything else, like agility, as it gives you some advantages like drifting forward to take a grab (Langford appears to be good at this), but too much is made of size and I’m sick of hearing “this is the next Bont” or “the next Cripps”.

Bont is a gun cause he’s a gun, his size is just a bonus.

With all this said I still personally really like Langford, I think he’ll be very good and, even though you want a superstar at pick 1, I think he’s the safest bet to turn into a solid AFL footballer outside of Draper.

FOS has been injured … and It’s not about what they do in U18’s or even their first few years in AFL system …. It’s what they do from 22-32yo when at their peak. Walsh outperformed Rankine in juniors and their first 4-years in AFL system… but I know I’m taking Rankine now.

Luke Ball outperformed Hodge their first few years in system …..

I don’t know who we should get, but it won’t necessarily the player who will be the best from 2025-2027…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Without knowing their stats/impact very well, I'd still probably take Walsh, just has had a rough run with injuries.

Like your thinking though, can't argue with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back