Trade Stanton !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house mentioned what was described as an unforced error when Stanton had his kick smothered. Surely there is no better example of a forced error than this?! His opponent by smothering forced the error. Get it?

i'm no gun footballer by any means, but in 14 years of senior footy, so far i rekon i might have kicked or handpassed into the man on the mark maybe 2-3 times max.....so about once in every 5-7 years thus far. Maybe i'm an idiot, but it just seems to me like the most basic of basic skills, and i really struggle to understand how one player could do it so often by hand and foot.

FWIW, my final word on Stanton for now is that anyone who thinks that the current overall package Stanton brings to the table is good enough to be the number 1 reciever/finisher in an afl premiership side needs to face facts - he either needs to somehow improve improve on a number of aspects of his game, which we must be questioning his ability to do so after 150+ games, or we need to find/develop someone who is up to scratch by the time our premiership window opens.

Truth be known if we win a premiership i couldn't really care less if i turn out to be right or wrong about Stanton, but as it currently sits without the benifit of hindsight, that is my personal opinion.

He didn't kick into the man on the mark. Bellchambers handpassed to Stanton who was immediately under pressure. Stanton kicked it as quickly as he could but it was smothered in general play

He didn't kick into the man on the mark. Bellchambers handpassed to Stanton who was immediately under pressure. Stanton kicked it as quickly as he could but it was smothered in general play

That's not entirely true - Stanton was under very little pressure and kicked it into the man on the mark who was standing still.

And when i say it's something i've done 2-3 times max in 14 years, you can include kicking into the man on the mark when i've played on, or when i've recieved a handball from the marking player and kicked into the man on the mark - either way you break it down, it's still a bone head play that is very similar to something he does far more often than he should....amongst other regular mistakes he makes.

None so blind........

Stan the fumble man..

I know how fit he is, i know he can run a game out and all of that fitness related stuff, but none of that makes him a good footballer. He clearly does not have a footballing brain. I keep looking at figures people say about him and try to start liking him (not very hard, i admit) but i just cant, every time i start thinking 'Stanton' is alright, he will handball it to someone under pressure or do something like that.

He gets a lot of touches and his work-rate is fantastic. That makes him a reasonably good player. The fact that he turns it over 2-3 times a game (and his turnovers usually result in a goal against us), can not apply defensive pressure, can not TACKLE; knocks him down to an average player. Whether or not that is what we need to get us where we want to go is not for me to decide.

also this infuriates me: why does he ALWAYS call for the ball when he is in a ridiculously bad position??
i see it EVERY game a number of times, he is in a horrible position (say behind our player who has a free kick, and he has an opponent a metre away from him) and he is clapping his hands and calling for the ball. Watch this, he does ALL THE BLOODY TIME. That's probably why he turns it over all the time. Also someone needs to tell him that he is not Dustin Fletcher.

I work in I.T and my sub-continent friends don't know what a 'stanton' is, so i have to vent my frustration somewhere.

Thanks for the bump.

ok look - 'a comical'

bet your a real hit with your 'sub-continent friends':rolleyes:

ok look - 'a comical'

bet your a real hit with your 'sub-continent friends':rolleyes:

He actually raises a few good points, you clown. If you don't want to read any more Stanton bashing then simply don't read this thread.

I've also noticed him clapping for the ball in bad positions. He also has the tendancy to just dive into players knees in an attempt to draw a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually raises a few good points, you clown. If you don't want to read any more Stanton bashing then simply don't read this thread.

I've also noticed him clapping for the ball in bad positions. He also has the tendancy to just dive into players knees in an attempt to draw a free kick.

Every player in the comp is currently ducking their heads to draw a free kick.

Nevertheless, how dare Stanton do such a thing?!!?

I've noticed since mid last year that he plays for embarrassing free kicks, now that's a bad sign when players, regardless of who they are, start playing for free kicks on regular occasions.

so lets see where we are at -

cant kick, cant handball, cant read the play, plays for frees, dumb as dog shit, coaches pet, but hey he is a nice bloke

wonder how he manages to get out of bed in the morning let alone front up to play AFL each weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back