Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

How about we just win both and return to what the Collingwood of old did so well.

Massive opportunity to win an unexpected Premiership and exorcise the ghosts of 1970 when it all started to go to shite for us come the last Saturday in September.

A new Collingwood era could be upon us.

Just win.

The question I am struggling with is - could beating Richmond in the prelim actually be better than winning the GF? On Saturday the answer will likely be "No" but right now it's hard to think of anything more satisfying than derailing the Tiger Train.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we were to lose Saturday you'd trade the win against Richmond for not losing in the GF? No way I'd ever make that trade
No way.
I said earlier on that this year was an exception.
Beating those arrogant flogs was sweeeeeet.

But had our opponent in the prelim been GWS for example, then I would rather lose the PF than make it to the Granny and lose it.

I hate:
1. wooden spoons
2. losing grand finals
So yep in retrospect I'd prefer not to make a GF than make it and lose it.
2011 was one of the best years ever for our club.... only to be completely ruined forever after in my memory by that one stinking game at the end!

Why such a negative thread. Lets be positive about this week!

My thoughts exactly? God why do this to ourselves :huh:

Because I wanted to ask this Question?:rolleyes:

And you thought this was the right week for it?

Thread creation privileges should be revoked for everyone except mods in GF week!

I still think WE played our Grand Final Last Week and we at times looked Tired and Lack of Run that we had vs Tigers

Sucks we lost but After you get pass that Near Miss you have some Proud how we did with all the Injuries we had all Season.

Hopefully we can Bounce Back Next Year and Actually have some Luck for a Full Season with Injuries and can finally get our Best 22 out there for Once

Plus we have some Wholes that still need to be Fixed

That's right, TD. What an amazing year of growth and excitement we experience from our team in 2018. It hurts like hell that we couldn't get that final win, but damn we tried hard and did more than alright. With more player growth next year, and some good trades and drafting, we should be right near the pointy end again in 2019.

That's right, TD. What an amazing year of growth and excitement we experience from our team in 2018. It hurts like hell that we couldn't get that final win, but damn we tried hard and did more than alright. With more player growth next year, and some good trades and drafting, we should be right near the pointy end again in 2019.

Yep.

Looking Forward to the 2019 Season lot more then this Time Last year and Looking what could happen in the 2018 Season

Interesting to get People's though on this.

I rather lose the PF as you did not make the Granny and hate to make it and lose it
I'm opposite.

Far far far better to make a Grand Final and challenge than not at all and not challenge.

I'm opposite.

Far far far better to make a Grand Final and challenge than not at all and not challenge.

Fair Enough.

I still feel I would Rather lose in the PF then the GF. Pretty much the Hurt is Less

I still think WE played our Grand Final Last Week and we at times looked Tired and Lack of Run that we had vs Tigers

Sucks we lost but After you get pass that Near Miss you have some Proud how we did with all the Injuries we had all Season.

Hopefully we can Bounce Back Next Year and Actually have some Luck for a Full Season with Injuries and can finally get our Best 22 out there for Once

Plus we have some Wholes that still need to be Fixed

Excellent summation Dave. Ned Guy will get who we need next year to go that extra step.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back