Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If I have this right, it seems like we are looking at...

FB : Bonar - McKay - Archer/Perez
HB : McDonald - Ziebell - Goater
C : Scott - LDU - Shiels
HF : Sheezel - Comben - Turner
FF : Zurhaar - Larkey - Sheezel
Foll : Xerri - Simpkin - Cunnington

Int : Perez/Archer, Greenwood, Phillips, Powell or Taylor?

Then Logue in for Ziebell, Goldy for Xerri, maybe Tucker, Howe or Wardlaw in for Turner
Curtis in for one of the Sheezel brothers.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Have had to piss off

With the "vs VFL" and "pre season" caveats

Curtis could be a star. He doesn't look like outwardly the most spectacular player but you can see he has this immense footy brain. He makes good if not great decisions every time he has the football. He is strong in the air, and if he's going to get the fourth best defender he's going to murder them in the air and most probably on the deck. He kicked three goals and set up another two that I saw. Basically did whatever he wanted. Pulled up sore towards the end of the second quarter and was telling Patch he'd stretched his groin. If he stays healthy he will do so much damage

Comben might be the saviour. The trio with Larkey and Zurhaar needs a bit of work, and Patch was right into Chom about where he needed to be, when he needed to lead and when to stay back. I think he just sees football and wants to attack it no matter what. When the craft comes in he will be a really dangerous forward ... Having said all that, Jesus Christ. Should have had three in the first quarter (missed an easy one, dropped a chest mark coming back to goal), and then took two hangers in the second. He has incredible spring off the ground and the ball makes the most audible smack when it hits his hands. He's almost got the man's body now and he doesn't mind throwing it around. He's so hard on himself - anything done slightly wrong and he's head in hands, cursing himself etc. 30-40 goals this year is not out of the question IMO

Blue team dominated. As they should have. Xerri was pretty good in the middle against Free. LDU is often playing a different sport to everyone else. Jy worked up and back and looked generally impactful. Cunners resting forward was interesting, and he had a big say in the latter part of the first quarter. Turner was busy. Scott is an excellent wingman. Sheezel is Luke Breust crossed with Toby Greene with five years of development. Such quick hands and a lovely kick of the footy.

Logue disappeared into the rooms in the first. Didn't see him come back. Dawson did well filling in for him. Logue had a massive punch and then floating back took an intercept. Corr running laps cheered and screamed "that's why we got him". Then Logue just jogged off.

Tucker Howe and Wardlaw all did rehab. George looks like he hates it. Tuckers massive.

Mahony came on in this second half. Spicer was on in the second quarter. Both yellow. Spots at risk from Sheezel, Curtis and Shiels

Seems a massive focus on pushing our forwards up then attacking in transition, sprinting back. Goater, Perez all looking for long kicks to the corridor side of the wing if not the corridor itself. Then the next kick is either a hit up to Larkey/Zurhaar or a long kick to an isolated Larkey/Comben. Curtis & Zurhaar seem to push up to the flanks, leaving the big fellas to sort out leading lanes. Requires sacrifice and a willingness to run to support your teammates. Larkey is good at it. Chom not so much as yet

Id hold fire on Thomas not playing round one. There’s alot that can change between now and the start of the season.

Look now that the issues are mostly out in the open and it would seem TT is cooked.

He aint and wasn't playing rd 1. He's on the nose with everyone, not a popular boy. al clarko talks about success and how you need everyone to work together. TT being selected would divide the club.

al clarko knows that.

Playing on off the mark with the handball to a runner seems to be a huge part of what we're doing
Just on this - they did a drill Wednesday where players would run around in pairs.

One would take the mark, the other would run around the back to be in position for a handball receive. On every one, the player who took the mark would fake going one way then come back the other and give it off to his partner.

No defenders in the drill but there was a very clear focus on A) the receiver getting into good position for the handball and B) the bloke who gave the handball putting effort into a proper fake, probably to get the theoretical man on the mark out of position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha the way I read that SEN article said that there would be a lot more switching and I'm not seeing it
Most likely working on the Delicates cycle today, wait until they do the Speed Wash.
Best Traditional Top-Load Agitator Washers of 2018 - Reviewed.com Laundry

Look now that the issues are mostly out in the open and it would seem TT is cooked.

He aint and wasn't playing rd 1. He's on the nose with everyone, not a popular boy. al clarko talks about success and how you need everyone to work together. TT being selected would divide the club.

al clarko knows that.
I tell ya what if he goes somewhere else and turns it around it will hurt.

I tell ya what if he goes somewhere else and turns it around it will hurt.
If it means he turns his life around then I'm okay with that. It's quite clear now that his poor form last year was because of what was happening off field.

But it's also quite apparent that he won't be able to deliver anywhere near his full potential until he has his personal life sorted. It will take so much more than a different football club / environment to do that. I'm not convinced he has the right people around him to help.

Unless that football club is Geelong
Probably. Tyson Stengle obviously deserves a lot of credit for turning his life and career around. Interesting to know how much of a role Eddie Betts played, pretty influential I would think. With Eddie gone now would a similar scenario with TT be as successful?

Probably. Tyson Stengle obviously deserves a lot of credit for turning his life and career around. Interesting to know how much of a role Eddie Betts played, pretty influential I would think. With Eddie gone now would a similar scenario with TT be as successful?
Good point. And I don't know, I'm more just expressing my unreasonable bitterness at how sickeningly competent that club is

If it means he turns his life around then I'm okay with that. It's quite clear now that his poor form last year was because of what was happening off field.

But it's also quite apparent that he won't be able to deliver anywhere near his full potential until he has his personal life sorted. It will take so much more than a different football club / environment to do that. I'm not convinced he has the right people around him to help.
Yeah, he needs an intervention from his mates wearing our colours.

Jy, Luke, Cunners, Ben Mack.

Sit him down, put a couple of hard questions to him and a couple of hard truths, ask him directly wtf is actually going on.

Unless he fesses up, he won't make it either professionally or personally.

Is Eddie no longer working at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back