Training Update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone been to training last few days? A friend of Woja told me players very optermistic and keen to make up for last years disaster.. also very happy with new fitness team.

Anyone been to training last few days? A friend of Woja told me *players very optermistic *and keen to make up for last years disaster.. also very happy with new fitness team.

*insert any club here*

Tells us nothing. If any team in the comp wasnt looking forward to the season, they might as well not even start.

No pun intended Carlton fans!;)

Training update anyone?

Yeah Gaz hurt his calf in a drill, probably just a corkey. Went down the race, returned later with it bandaged and did some serious boxing drills for about 30-45 min with a trainer. King & Corey also did some of these after Gaz had finished.

Harley, DJ & Chappy spent most of it doing sprints/laps.

H was on fire kicking for goal, slotted about 9.1 and was letting the other guys know about it.

I'm sure Nana will have some more to say.

Yeah Gaz hurt his calf in a drill, probably just a corkey. Went down the race, returned later with it bandaged and did some serious boxing drills for about 30-45 min with a trainer. King & Corey also did some of these after Gaz had finished.

H was on fire kicking for goal, slotted about 9.1 and was letting the other guys know about it.

Sammy, I would have to agree on big H. Presented and kicked well and looks in great shape. Ottens, too, looks in fantastic shape (especially compared to last year). Even Sanderson looked in top shape.

I could not pick any other real standouts today, although Kelly, Stokes, Ling, and Callan did well. Good to see Lonergan doing the competitive drills.

I know it is early days, but I thought Djerrkura and Varcoe looked a little out of their depth.

After spending 15 minutes or so after the training having a kick of the footy, Tom Hawkisn and Liam Bedford came out to do some boxing and handball drills.

Now, me and Sammy D arent exactly short people, both going close to 190cms but Hawkins towered over us. Dare I say it though he is chubby at the moment. He also accused us of stealing his footy, but im sure we can let that slide.

They need to get some standards in their measurements... Hawkins is listed as 2cm taller than me and 5kg lighter, but Ben Graham was listed at 195cm and when I met him, there wasn't much in it... I'd say that whoever does the measurements up at Geelong needs to make sure that all their players have shoes off when they get measured...

After spending 15 minutes or so after the training having a kick of the footy, Tom Hawkisn and Liam Bedford came out to do some boxing and handball drills.

Now, me and Sammy D arent exactly short people, both going close to 190cms but Hawkins towered over us. Dare I say it though he is chubby at the moment. He also accused us of stealing his footy, but im sure we can let that slide.

At least you would have easily towered over Bedford. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He consistently looks great in the pre-season and just as consistently produces sweet f%$^ all when it counts... enjoy your final season H.

To be honest the only time he has looked great in preseason IMO was 2005 when he played solid football before breaking his jaw. In 06 he had Groin problems and then shoulder problems.

Agree though this is his last season unless he can buck the trend and show something.

So did you actually steal his bloody footy or not????

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back