Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
Going to be a massive tragedy, larger than lobotomies and repressed memories, both of which were based in faddish nonsense pseudoscience and caused enormous harm.

This is certainly an issue, children in their very much formative years are having issues of which gender they align with and it's mainly emotive based. That's a problem because in their later years when they've grown intellectually the "regret" comes in and by extension the reversing process isn't always so easy. If you've had your penis removed for the sake of changing gender and then change your mind later well then that could be very emotionally damaging.

It could be avoided at the source, let kids be kids and if they question their gender at such a young I don't agree that parents and medical professionals should allow this much less encourage it because of the consequence of mind change.

This is certainly an issue, children in their very much formative years are having issues of which gender they align with and it's mainly emotive based. That's a problem because in their later years when they've grown intellectually the "regret" comes in and by extension the reversing process isn't always so easy. If you've had your penis removed for the sake of changing gender and then change your mind later well then that could be very emotionally damaging.

It could be avoided at the source, let kids be kids and if they question their gender at such a young I don't agree that parents and medical professionals should allow this much less encourage it because of the consequence of mind change.
Why are left wing adults so keen to push their politics on young children? It's sick.

To be honest, I think betrayed is more a fitting word than regret. Like you say, they grow intellectually and they might feel they've been sold a lie through naivity rather than something they understood at the time and later changed their mind through regret.
So basically, we shouldn't let children make life changing decisions that they're only making because they're being pressured by adults with agendas?

So basically, we shouldn't let children make life changing decisions that they're only making because they're being pressured by adults with agendas?
That's looking at it the wrong direction.

We shouldn't allow parents to abdicate their responsibility to shepherd their children until they enter adulthood free from as much damage and baggage as possible.

Why are left wing adults so keen to push their politics on young children? It's sick.

Unfortunately "progressive" naive parents that shouldn't be parents to begin with will always exist.

I'm going to make a progressive statement, Ideally people of formative years and their parents and assigned medical practitioners should not be allowed to physically change gender because of the consequences that may eventuate. Rather provide counselling and support for however long that may be required and then once past their formative years i:e early adulthood 16 or 17 years of age then they can make a life changing decision.

Although that may be emotionally painful for one wishing to change gender in early life and not being able to but it's certainly better than the alternative.

To be honest, I think betrayed is more a fitting word than regret. Like you say, they grow intellectually and they might feel they've been sold a lie through naivity rather than something they understood at the time and later changed their mind through regret.

Could you imagine that person when they change their mind and address their parents "How dare you, you allowed to make a decision that I should not have been allowed to, you've stolen my childhood. How dare you"

1570339604338.png

Now that would be a reason to be p155ed at your older generation if you ask me. I think these real and dire consequences for these individuals are only going to increase because of the naivity and deliberate ignorance.

Off topic a little bit but these agenda pushers are just a noisy minority, as the old saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Eventually all sorts of whacky progressive ideas (I'm talking whacky ones not positive ones) will defeat themselves when the consequences are realized, right now I'd argue the damage caused by premature decision will eventually defeat the ability for formative people to go through these procedures.

We shouldn't allow parents to abdicate their responsibility to shepherd their children until they enter adulthood free from as much damage and baggage as possible.
Unfortunately "progressive" naive parents that shouldn't be parents to begin with will always exist.

I'm going to make a progressive statement, Ideally people of formative years and their parents and assigned medical practitioners should not be allowed to physically change gender because of the consequences that may eventuate. Rather provide counselling and support for however long that may be required and then once past their formative years i:e early adulthood 16 or 17 years of age then they can make a life changing decision.

Although that may be emotionally painful for one wishing to change gender in early life and not being able to but it's certainly better than the alternative.
Agreed. The answer is simple, ban all children from going through life changing transitions. Sure, peadophilic progressives and their obsession with sexualising children might be upset, but it's for the greater good of humanity.

Off topic a little bit but these agenda pushers are just a noisy minority, as the old saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Eventually all sorts of whacky progressive ideas (I'm talking whacky ones not positive ones) will defeat themselves when the consequences are realized, right now I'd argue the damage caused by premature decision will eventually defeat the ability for formative people to go through these procedures.
It is just a noisy minority, but this shit is happening so regularly now that it's becoming normalised. The slippery slope to complete degeneracy.

Agreed. The answer is simple, ban all children from going through life changing transitions. Sure, peadophilic progressives and their obsession with sexualising children might be upset, but it's for the greater good of humanity.

I'm in favour of a young adult minor changing their gender if they truly believe that is what will make them happy, as long as they're past their formative years and have had extensive counselling that leads to their decision and of course the professional consultation that is in agreement and also the parents blessing.

But a question for you, would you be averse to this if it actually proves it would have a positive effect on a person?

I'm in favour of a young adult minor changing their gender if they truly believe that is what will make them happy, as long as they're past their formative years and have had extensive counselling that leads to their decision and of course the professional consultation that is in agreement and also the parents blessing.

But a question for you, would you be averse to this if it actually proves it would have a positive effect on a person?
Banning it for children under the age of 16 is positive move. When you have kids literally in pre-school changing their genders, you know you've ****ed up as a society, especially when you can't even criticise it without some far-left progressive calling you a bigot. I've said it many times, but far-left group think is extremely dangerous to Western society.

It is just a noisy minority, but this s**t is happening so regularly now that it's becoming normalised. The slippery slope to complete degeneracy.

As an example, we were all worried (well most) about some of Labors impractical policies and that they'd get in and apply them - well that was the noise anyway.

Luckily the silent majority proved contrary to popular belief.

So I'm not so certain as you are that society is going to normalize impractical ideals on a regular basis. Even now the inclusion of transgender athletes that are biologically male in female participant sports is being challenged.

Once "the penny drops" for the bulk of administrators and see it's not practical and in fact potentially dangerous to have a self identified 6'4 100kg athlete play against females at 5'5 and 50kg then logic will eventuate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an example, we were all worried (well most) about some of Labors impractical policies and that they'd get in and apply them - well that was the noise anyway.

Luckily the silent majority proved contrary to popular belief.

So I'm not so certain as you are that society is going to normalize impractical ideals on a regular basis. Even now the inclusion of transgender athletes that are biologically male in female participant sports is being challenged.

Once "the penny drops" for the bulk of administrators and see it's not practical and in fact potentially dangerous to have a self identified 6'4 100kg athlete play against females at 5'5 and 50kg then logic will eventuate.
There are already transgender athletes competing in women's Olympics events and other sports around the world are actively allowing them to compete, including cricket. You are right about most people disagreeing with this, but who's going to finally put an end to it? Ironically it's real women who are most supportive of this degeneracy, who will ultimately lose out in the end.

Banning it for children under the age of 16 is positive move. When you have kids literally in pre-school changing their genders, you know you've f’ed up as a society, especially when you can't even criticise it without some far-left progressive calling you a bigot. I've said it many times, but far-left group think is extremely dangerous to Western society.

Well at least you're not so hardlined as "you were born x gender, deal with it and suffer for the rest of your life - because that's what society wants and needs".

Throughout human history the squeaky wheels (as you put is far left group think) only get grease until it proves no longer viable/practical/logical. And that usually means the ideal is not the wish of those who originally push the ideal.

Viability for the majority will always trump in the end.

There are already transgender athletes competing in women's Olympics events and other sports around the world are actively allowing them to compete, including cricket. You are right about most people disagreeing with this, but who's going to finally put an end to it? Ironically it's real women who are most supportive of this degeneracy, who will ultimately lose out in the end.

But it won't last, when the competition authorities realize it puts biological women at a disadvantage or even in potential danger on a regular basis there'll be moves to change the rules to favour the majority of the participants.

I think you'd find most women would not be in favour of competing against biological males particularly combative sports. The "noise" would say otherwise but if you were to ask Jo Anne Bloggs in the street I bet she'd rather not have to compete against them.

Ironically, feminists group are making "noise" in their disapproval - it won't last.

I can’t believe anyone reaches adulthood and thinks that what they knew and believed as a teenager was well rounded and reasonable. Either they were complete squares who never risked anything or they never matured.

Any parent that delegates such decision making to a child is neglectful.

There has never been a single trans athlete that has qualified to compete in the 4 summer and 4 winter Olympic Games since 2003 when the IOC first allowed trans athletes to compete.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There has never been a single trans athlete that has qualified to compete in the 4 summer and 4 winter Olympic Games since 2003 when the IOC first allowed trans athletes to compete.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think that's the point of the discussion, even though not proven conclusively it's fair speculation that biological males MAY have an advantage over biological females in competition and there MAY be potential for dangers in combative competition.

I don't know how reliable this link is but if ANY of it is true we have a conundrum.

IF it is proven that biological males are a danger to other competitors because they are biologically male and the administrators remove them, then what? Where would they compete then?

There's even been one poster sorted who has suggested that we remove the binary from competitions and just have the best of the best of any field. Now while that may seem reactive that may be an only solution to be fair to everyone - even then I'd imagine feminists groups would be probably be in strong opposition. And I'd imagine the majority of society wouldn't sit well with it either.

Elementary schools in the US are sending children to libraries, only for them to be exposed to severe degeneracy like this. Far-left wing teachers that impose their wicked ideologies on children instead of teaching them a proper education are extremely dangerous to our society.

Elementary schools in the US are sending children to libraries, only for them to be exposed to severe degeneracy like this. Far-left wing teachers that impose their wicked ideologies on children instead of teaching them a proper education are extremely dangerous to our society.

It’s worth wondering what boiling the frog entails.

Going to be a massive tragedy, larger than lobotomies and repressed memories, both of which were based in faddish nonsense pseudoscience and caused enormous harm.

posted that in pc thread. Yep, its only just coming out now. The Spectator has been on to it for a while, particularly Travistock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back