Travelling to Hawaii

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as I get off the plane I'm driving to. North Shore and staying at Turtle Bay resort for a night and then driving to Waikiki next day for 3 days. Just wanted to see North Shore in December and kick back.
What time in December? Pipe Masters will be on for the first couple of weeks, so it'll be pretty busy. We stayed in a treehouse overlooking Sunset Beach in November for 8 nights, just near Ted's Bakery. Seeing the North Shore pumping is one of the best things I've seen in my life.

Head back to Waikiki via the Windward Coast. You'll pass some of the Jurassic Park/Lost type scenery but also Kailua/Lanikai have the nicest beaches of all of Oahu in my opinion.

Hawaii is awesome, went for my honeymoon in January. 3 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian village in waikikki, 3 nights at the andaz in maui, then 4 nights at turtle bay resort. Turtle bay is amazing and if you have the time, hit the golf course

Hawaii is awesome, went for my honeymoon in January. 3 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian village in waikikki, 3 nights at the andaz in maui, then 4 nights at turtle bay resort. Turtle bay is amazing and if you have the time, hit the golf course
I've got one night at Turtle Bay and really looking forward to it, but it won't be anywhere near enough.

Going first week of December so hopefully I'll see some big wave surfing.

Heading there in May for 2 weeks with the husband, another married couple, and my best friend. Any good restaurant recommendations?

We had Dukes recommended to us. Food and service were great so have been back on our last few trips
Definitely need to book in advance though

From memory its near the Sheraton on the beach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had Dukes recommended to us. Food and service were great so have been back on our last few trips
Definitely need to book in advance though

From memory its near the Sheraton on the beach.

On oahu its at the outrigger waikiki beach.

Cheesecake factory if u want to say you went there. It was nice but man busy as hell.

Cant go wrong with hooters!

Hula grill is a nice location/view. Same place as dukes but is upstairs

Just came back from first visit to Hawaii (Oahu only). Stayed at Holiday Inn Beachcomber (across from Cheesecake Factory). Hotel was about a 3.5 star and nothing to complain about. Waikiki as a beach is quite ordinary by Australian standards. Pipeline and Waimea are wow though. A good idea to start off with for first timers is to do a circle Island tour. Reasonably cheap and give you a 'greatest hits' version of the island and gives you an idea of places you may wish to go back to.

Favourite place to eat was indeed Dukes with a Hula Pie for desert. We had our 25th anniversary dinner at Chucks which part of the same complex as Dukes and Hula Grill.

Only one place (Hoku Tours) appears to offer a complete Pearl Harbour tour (Arizona, Bowfinger Sub, Air Museum and Missouri lunch included). However if you go with somebody else for just the Arizona you can easily go back to Pearl and do the rest yourself in your own time. The number 42 bus from Waikiki stops right outside it. Its quite easy to get your own tour designed as well.

Most places on the island easily reached by the bus.

+1 for Duke's. Great service and atmosphere. The salad bar's also only like an extra $2 with your meal.

We had to wait two hours for the Cheesecake Factory (it was Christmas eve though) but it was worth it. They give you a buzzer that goes off when your table's ready so it's not like you have to stand in line the whole time. The portions are huge.

Pearl Harbour is worth going to but it's nothing special, maybe because I've been three times.

Waikiki is my favourite spot to stay, like most people, but Kailua is beautiful if you're looking for a quieter spot. We spent a week there in December a few blocks down from Obama's holiday house so we ran into a few road blocks as he was heading to dinner.

Pipeline and Waimea Bay are a must, especially if you're there in November/December.

Thanks. We're eyeing off the Texas A&M game but I'm assuming tickets haven't been released yet... nothing on vividseats/seat geek/stub hub etc.

No worries.

Nah don't think they are released as yet. A mate of mine lives over there and goes to most games, I just pinged him to ask when they go on sale.

Amazing to land in Honolulu, think you will save some money by catching the bus from the airport into the main center.

Nope! not allowed to take luggage onto the bus.

I wonder how strict they actually enforce it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelling to Hawaii

Remove this Banner Ad

Back