Travis - What do people think about this possibility + Captaincy '05

Remove this Banner Ad

MFCpremiers05

Draftee
Sep 27, 2004
Other Teams
Melbourne
With the continuing talk of trade coming up to trade week i was just wondering what ppl would think of this possibility (all dream permutations and combo's welcome)

While the likelyhood of a TJ trade looks very slim following the recent Biz news, i had this thought of a trade with collingwood that would not be completely beyond possibilities

A straight swap

Travis Johnstone - Shane Woewodin

I consider TJ imperitive to any premiership aspirations that we may have for 2005, but the return of Woey would be great (I would welcome him back with open arms).

Any thoughts???

Let's all hope Travis stays
MFCpremiers05

ps. Also what about Yze taking a larger leadership role for '05, co-captain??

Tim56 said:
Enough about bloody Woewodin. He's gone, he's never coming back. End of story. Get over it. In any case, the trade you propose is a rip off.
Look I'm over Woewodin, but it would be an interesting trade.
It being a rip off, i dont think so, they are both bloody good footballers (Trav could be a far better, maybe even the best in the league but not right now and maybe never) and it would be interesting.

How about the Yze co-captain idea

Definatly worth a shot i think. Ooze played probably his best game this year against Essendon as captain and i beleive that he stepped up and showed some real leadership qualities. It could also be quite beneficial for the side having another on-field leader further up the ground. While Neita is a great captain and leads by example - especially physically, sometimes i think that it hurts the side a bit having the captain in the goalsquare. Must admit that after the Essendon final the idea of elevating Ooze to co-captain did cross my mind also.

TJ could have been better but plain and simple... he isnt

as for Yze...no point, let Neitz captain till he retires then hand it 2 Green, Bruce or maybe even Miller

Not against taking captaincy off Neitz to let him concentrate on kicking goals, but i don't think it's impacting him that much. Probably another year or two then i'm for Miller taking it over.

Woey for TJ - tough call.
Without Thompson (depending on what we get in return) we need a harder midfielder. Woey is much harder now than he was when he left us. That said, watching the 2002 Semi against Adelaide yesterday on Fox Footy, he was doing a lot of little things, shepards, tackles etc which allowed TJ in particular space to use the ball. Perhaps in the heat of it all we underrated Woey's input, but despite this it wasn't worth what we were paying him in any case.
Would like Woey back, for TJ, but there would have to be picks involved. Woey + a reasonable pick for TJ. Depends what Woey's contract situation is now as well I guess.

MFCpremiers05 said:
Look I'm over Woewodin, but it would be an interesting trade.
It being a rip off, i dont think so, they are both bloody good footballers (Trav could be a far better, maybe even the best in the league but not right now and maybe never) and it would be interesting.

How about the Yze co-captain idea

yze co captain is a gr8 idea because neita can only express his leadership in the forward line oooz could give it in the midfield and sometimes in defence

MFCpremiers05 said:
With the continuing talk of trade coming up to trade week i was just wondering what ppl would think of this possibility (all dream permutations and combo's welcome)

While the likelyhood of a TJ trade looks very slim following the recent Biz news, i had this thought of a trade with collingwood that would not be completely beyond possibilities

A straight swap

Travis Johnstone - Shane Woewodin

I consider TJ imperitive to any premiership aspirations that we may have for 2005, but the return of Woey would be great (I would welcome him back with open arms).

Any thoughts???

Let's all hope Travis stays
MFCpremiers05

ps. Also what about Yze taking a larger leadership role for '05, co-captain??
no to sloewodin yes to the yze proposal

It won't happen...

I'd be a bit aprehensive about the trade because as much as I loved Woey, I think that part of us has gone and we need to move on. Persistance still has to be shown with TJ.. he's more than capable of winning a game off his own boot... and not just that.. winning BIG games... you can't buy that sort of stuff. I'd say if Travis puts a full preseason in and doesn't miss a game next year he'll win our B&F at least... perhaps even a Brownlow.

As for Yze co-captain... I'm not a huge fan of co-captaincy but it actually seems very logical... as someone stated earlier Neita is stuck down at FF frustrated a fair whack of the season.. and it's always Ooze who is rebounding from half back. That and those 2 or 3 goals he can chime in can inspire a side out of sight.

P.S. Finally remembered my bigfooty password :D!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis - What do people think about this possibility + Captaincy '05

Remove this Banner Ad

Back