Trederea's bow

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, I dont think any Kangaroos player would want to watch the surrounding torture of a 15 goal thumping, just so they can gnash their teeth at some over the top gestures by Port.

Other than a good win against Hawthorn - North Melbourne's form in this finals series has been one of the most insipid displays I have seen. To get thumped TWICE like they have is concerning for the immediate future of the Kangas.

As an Eagles supporter whos still coming to terms with this finals series and the way Chad Cornes paid out on Cousins tweaking his hammy in the first final - you just have to accept this is the way Port are - thugs, who also unfortunately have a doctrine for success unlike the shinboners.

We all better get used to the PAPS always in the mix in this competition - heck they are the ONLY team in the AFL the West Coast Eagles have an inferior win-loss ratio against!

As for Mexican waves - its a good thing the small Roo crowds dont instigate waves at games, fans there would have to alternate hands above their head to make it work - so small are the crowds you lot get!

I have always respected North Melbourne since the 70s when you had a stack of classy West Aussies in your squad, however it has to be high time for this team to pursue relocation to the Gold Coast.

Anyone also think like I do in that I reckon Geelong would be a tad nervous now taking on Port in the GF?

Dean...

Red Card for you. Goodbye.

You didn't see the guard of honour by both teams and 40,000 Port fans clapping him off? Give us a break! :rolleyes:

I realise you are talking specifically to GoKangas and while I appreciate the guard of honour and crowd support, my beef was with the arseclowns on the bus who were incredibly disresepectful to Arch.

Anyone remember the Crows singing the North theme song after the 1998 GF?

Yep.

And the following year we beat them by 56 and 76pts respectively. It's obviously a South Australian thing to make themselves feel important. New Zealand did the same thing in the 1996 cricket WC when they beat England, danced around like a pack of clowns everytime they took a wicket. It's another aspect of the small town syndrome, which bodes well when thinking of both South Australia and New Zealand.

Yep.

And the following year we beat them by 56 and 76pts respectively. It's obviously a South Australian thing to make themselves feel important. New Zealand did the same thing in the 1996 cricket WC when they beat England, danced around like a pack of clowns everytime they took a wicket. It's another aspect of the small town syndrome.

Biggest load of bullshit I've read in a while. To compare anyone to aNew Zealand cricket team is just ridiculous. And I'm betting if you won the game you'd be celebrating how you rubbed certain Port players noses in it.

Firstly, I dont think any Kangaroos player would want to watch the surrounding torture of a 15 goal thumping, just so they can gnash their teeth at some over the top gestures by Port.

Other than a good win against Hawthorn - North Melbourne's form in this finals series has been one of the most insipid displays I have seen. To get thumped TWICE like they have is concerning for the immediate future of the Kangas.

As an Eagles supporter whos still coming to terms with this finals series and the way Chad Cornes paid out on Cousins tweaking his hammy in the first final - you just have to accept this is the way Port are - thugs, who also unfortunately have a doctrine for success unlike the shinboners.

We all better get used to the PAPS always in the mix in this competition - heck they are the ONLY team in the AFL the West Coast Eagles have an inferior win-loss ratio against!

As for Mexican waves - its a good thing the small Roo crowds dont instigate waves at games, fans there would have to alternate hands above their head to make it work - so small are the crowds you lot get!

I have always respected North Melbourne since the 70s when you had a stack of classy West Aussies in your squad, however it has to be high time for this team to pursue relocation to the Gold Coast.

Anyone also think like I do in that I reckon Geelong would be a tad nervous now taking on Port in the GF?

Dean...

Stupid post - waste of kilobytes ... edited

I realise you are talking specifically to GoKangas and while I appreciate the guard of honour and crowd support, my beef was with the arseclowns on the bus who were incredibly disresepectful to Arch.

Yep, plenty of bone heads up the back of the bus wasn't there?

But Danj did fire up the locals with his 3 cheers for Arch on the bus.

And surprisingly not much love for my chant of: "Chad Cornes takes it up the arse, up the arse oh doo dah day...":D

Yep, plenty of bone heads up the back of the bus wasn't there?

But Danj did fire up the locals with his 3 cheers for Arch on the bus.

And surprisingly not much love for my chant of: "Chad Cornes takes it up the arse, up the arse oh doo dah day...":D

You speak their language, and they still don't love you? Ingrates.

Lots of love on our flight home for Bomber Thompson, who was on same plane. Got more encouragement on one flight from a bunch of north melbourne supporters than he's had from the board at the cats in a year :p

Back to the main topic...

Very arrogant by Tredrea. I've never liked him, and rumours have been around for years that his teammates don't either. Easy to see why.

Biggest load of bullshit I've read in a while. To compare anyone to aNew Zealand cricket team is just ridiculous.
No it isn't, it's exactly what they did. And lets be honest, this isn't an isolated incident where both players are concerned. Throw the Crows bullshit of '98 on top and you have exactly what I described. And I lived over there, so believe me I know.
And I'm betting if you won the game you'd be celebrating how you rubbed certain Port players noses in it.
That IS a load of bullshit. Carey was the biggest "smartarse" footballer we've ever had and I don't ever recall him bowing to the crowd. If Tredrea only knew he looked like a knob end he'd never do it again. But then he's a smartarse so he probably wouldn't, and this bloke is the captain. Show some leadership and class FFS.

No it isn't, it's exactly what they did. And lets be honest, this isn't an isolated incident where both players are concerned. Throw the Crows bullshit of '98 on top and you have exactly what I described. And I lived over there, so believe me I know.
That IS a load of bullshit. Carey was the biggest "smartarse" footballer we've ever had and I don't ever recall him bowing to the crowd. If Tredrea only knew he looked like a knob end he'd never do it again. But then he's a smartarse so he probably wouldn't, and this bloke is the captain. Show some leadership and class FFS.

You'll notice that it's only opposition supporters getting wound up. He's captain of our club, so why would we see it as an issue. Just a celebration.

pfft, I'd be more worried about your onfield performances than how a bloke you think is a w***er celebrates a goal.

You'll notice that it's only opposition supporters getting wound up. He's captain of our club, so why would we see it as an issue. Just a celebration.

pfft, I'd be more worried about your onfield performances than how a bloke you think is a w***er celebrates a goal.

And as we were saying all day to those in-breds sitting in front us yesterday, "put your ****ing teeth back in, I can't understand a word your saying".;)

Did anyone see Williams grimace when Cornes did his war dance? At least the coach showed a bit of class.

that footage of williams grimacing was edited in to make robert walls comment seem plausible. mark williams said after the game he had no problem with it. do you seriously think a coach is going to grimace when his side kicks a goal that confirms a spot in the grand final? give me a break.

there a plenty of players who celebrate goals in an over the top fashion. mcleod, williams, lloyd, gablett. it's a passionate game... get used to it.

comment of the century... if it's that easy to put a shinboner off his game... we'll be doing 'bowing practice' befor every roos match.

is that why north melbourne are called shinboners? because they're thin skinned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can add Cornes little goose step dance to the DVD too - when your opponents mock you you don't forget.
I recall both Corneses getting in Simmo's face in the 05 final, mouthing off & pointing at the scoreboard ; I also recall us belting Port the next year (when we hardly beat anyone else).

I sincerely hope we belt them properly next year, including that smart-arse soft**** Motlop.

that footage of williams grimacing was edited in to make robert walls comment seem plausible. mark williams said after the game he had no problem with it. do you seriously think a coach is going to grimace when his side kicks a goal that confirms a spot in the grand final? give me a break.
It was indigestion, from his 5th pie of the day. ;)

1) Totally and utterly agree on the wave. 10 minutes into the third quarter? An embarrassment perpetrated by theatre-goers.

2) Don't take Tredders' celebration(s) to heart - he's always been a passionate emotive player and I took it to mean "I'm back/fuhkyew to the doubters" rather than any reflection on the North Melbourne Football Club and its players.

Oh there's no doubt his little show pony routine had nothing to do with NMFC, I agree. But I did find it a ludicrous act to claim that he intended to kick that goal when he clearly looked to top of the square and the wind unexpectedly carried it through. It was especially galling in that instance because he was handed the ball on a platter following an excellent gather and dish off at full pace by Motlop. Is his first reaction to thank his teammate? No, he bows to the crowd for kicking an accidental goal. I just found the whole thing quite silly and I imagine the other Port players would have been rolling their eyes too. I usually appreciate the emotion and the individuality of players and their goal celebrations but that one was laughable, well it would have been if I wasn't already too far gone to raise a smile.

Too long with no David King in your side.

Oh there's no doubt his little show pony routine had nothing to do with NMFC, I agree. But I did find it a ludicrous act to claim that he intended to kick that goal when he clearly looked to top of the square and the wind unexpectedly carried it through. It was especially galling in that instance because he was handed the ball on a platter following an excellent gather and dish off at full pace by Motlop. Is his first reaction to thank his teammate? No, he bows to the crowd for kicking an accidental goal. I just found the whole thing quite silly and I imagine the other Port players would have been rolling their eyes too. I usually appreciate the emotion and the individuality of players and their goal celebrations but that one was laughable, well it would have been if I wasn't already too far gone to raise a smile.

We'll have to disagree on whether or not the goal was 'accidental' - but snapping goals on the run is probably the thing Tredrea does best, on his left or right foot. It wasn't as if he was 55m out either, well within range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trederea's bow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back