Treloar and the better team

Remove this Banner Ad

Got caught red handed :)

He is such an awesome story. Paralysed down one side of his face and a club foot, so nobody wanted him. Bart got him for nothing.

Still a beautiful boy.

To the Richmond supporters who came on our board, copied my comments, ran back to their board and misquoted me without a right of reply; I'm thinking that maybe it's time that the Collingwood board put together a thread of the greatest Richmond BF supporter meltdowns. Should be good for a few giggles.

They are Richmond supporters, they know not what they do. Their minds have been deranged by four decades of failure. Their hopes are destined only to become our chuckles. Please, haven't they suffered enough?

He is such an awesome story. Paralysed down one side of his face and a club foot, so nobody wanted him. Bart got him for nothing.

Still a beautiful boy.
The three owners all in business together, decided on a set amount to buy a racehorse for some fun.
Approached Bart who went to the sales.
Bart liked this horse by Le Filou.
He did have a funny ear, that just poked up all the time due to a paralysis in that area.

But the horse no oil painting, in fact, described as having a head like a violin case.

But a fine stayer who outstayed Red Crest to win the 1967 Melbourne Cup.

The only time in history two horses with colours as their first name (Red) quinellaed the Melbourne Cup.

As an aside the roses all around the course weren't in bloom as a very poor spring weather wise, I think very dry, so roses not coaxed out that year.

IMO, that says more for them than anything else, however winners are grinners!

As a club we only have ourselves to blame for the poor state we're in. The rationalisation of poor results and excuse making is tiresome. It'd be nice to see us become the ruthless club we were for a while there, but for now we have to suck it up whilst we suck and do nothing about it :thumbsdown:
Have we ever really been that ruthless? Even at our peak a few years ago, we didn't have the balls to drop injured and underperforming players. We rolled over and let Geelong demolish us in the last round instead of ruthlessly putting them to the sword. Even the club itself weren't ruthless enough to either can MM or tell Buckley to coach elsewhere.

Yeah we suck at the moment but at least there is enough ruthlessness around to have the stones to trade cooked club champions, keeping underperforming players like Mayne in the reserves (even though it makes his recruitment look ridiculous) and for a coach to publicly say he will be sacked if he doesn't make finals.

Have we ever really been that ruthless? Even at our peak a few years ago, we didn't have the balls to drop injured and underperforming players. We rolled over and let Geelong demolish us in the last round instead of ruthlessly putting them to the sword. Even the club itself weren't ruthless enough to either can MM or tell Buckley to coach elsewhere.

Yeah we suck at the moment but at least there is enough ruthlessness around to have the stones to trade cooked club champions, keeping underperforming players like Mayne in the reserves (even though it makes his recruitment look ridiculous) and for a coach to publicly say he will be sacked if he doesn't make finals.

Not by comparison to clubs like Hawthorn or Adelaide, but moreso than we are now. Ask Fraser, Medhurst, Lockyer and O'Bree how ruthless we were in 2010.

Trading club champions isn't ruthless getting rid of them for nothing when they have good footy left is. The comments surrounding finals or bust aren't ruthless. It's following through on those statements that makes it so.

Spare me with the Mayne comment. Being ruthless would be sacking him post 2017!

Adam was quoted as saying we had the better list....
We might have in his eyes at the time, things can change very quickly with injuries etc...
If only we were a better team.....
9thmond are looking down on us like so many others who we hate as local tradition..
That my fellow Pies..is where we are at. We have a c grade middle list. We have a c-d grade coach, please just use stats, not emotion..
We are 5-8 now.
If we win 4 more for the year, which is likely...then what?
Not even great draft picks...
I hope i am wrong...i am sure I am not..

What a pointless topic of conversation. Yes we are going badly , this is irrelevant to how we are going though .

Not by comparison to clubs like Hawthorn or Adelaide, but moreso than we are now. Ask Fraser, Medhurst, Lockyer and O'Bree how ruthless we were in 2010.

Trading club champions isn't ruthless getting rid of them for nothing when they have good footy left is. The comments surrounding finals or bust aren't ruthless. It's following through on those statements that makes it so.

Spare me with the Mayne comment. Being ruthless would be sacking him post 2017!
Your second paragraph contradicts your first. Fraser was in a similar situation then as Cloke is in now. It all comes back to same thing. Drop a club champion and win, you're seen as ruthless. Drop them and lose, you're seen as an idiot ruining the club. The current call on Reid will reflect that.

As for Mayne, I agree that canning him with years left on his contract would be the height of ruthlessness. Though, financially crippling the club to pay out a non playing player would be about as idiotic as the decision to recruit him on that deal in the first place.

I think Treloar was right,at the time-remember this was two years ago not now.We still had players like Swan,Cloke and Brown,and something resembling a spine then.Today unfortunately,we have no spine,because of the total list mismanagement by Buckley and Hine in particular.

Also I'm quite sure you're a Fremantle supporter disguising as a Collingwood fan, not hard to tell when half your posts have some kind of reference to that pathetic Fremantle team.

yes you found me out. how did you work it out? was it because i like kicking jaryd blair in the guts? was it because I say that i hate half the team after a loss? Anyway thanks for reading all my posts...i'll try to read some of yours in the future.

Your second paragraph contradicts your first. Fraser was in a similar situation then as Cloke is in now. It all comes back to same thing. Drop a club champion and win, you're seen as ruthless. Drop them and lose, you're seen as an idiot ruining the club. The current call on Reid will reflect that.

As for Mayne, I agree that canning him with years left on his contract would be the height of ruthlessness. Though, financially crippling the club to pay out a non playing player would be about as idiotic as the decision to recruit him on that deal in the first place.

In your opinion. I was also referring to Hawthorn more than ourselves with those players only examples of how we made the ruthless calls when needed. It was Hawthorn that made the call to flick players when they had something left to give.

Better to own your mistake and fix it than neglect it by clogging up your list with a player on a bloated salary for years to come! Your failure to acknowledge that stating we need to make finals is not ruthless seems to indicate an agreeance so let's see how it plays out. My feel is that we've become a limp mediocre club too preoccupied with past deeds! Let's hope I'm wrong.

Richmond have a solid best 22, which due to very few injuries, have been able to play with for the majority of the season. After that their list falls away badly.

We've had injuries all year I don't think we've gone into any game this year unchanged. Hampson and Griffiths have been out all year, Vlastuin, Conca and Edwards have all missed 4-5 games, Prestia, Nank and Caddy have missed games and now Houli is out for 4 games as well. We've had on average 4-5 of our best 22 missing each week

We will cobtend for longer than tiges when we hace our run ar it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the Richmond supporters who came on our board, copied my comments, ran back to their board and misquoted me without a right of reply; I'm thinking that maybe it's time that the Collingwood board put together a thread of the greatest Richmond BF supporter meltdowns. Should be good for a few giggles.
They're a pathetic bunch in every way.

C-D midfield list? Surely you jest.

I agree that our midfield group is severely overrated, but not because of the talent, but mostly due to a lack of structure and balance.

We probably need 1 more genuine ball winner like Dangerfield/Selwood/Wines/Cripps/Rockliff/Conigilio/Kennedy to win clearances. Also if the ruck-mid synergy doesn't get fixed we cannot play both Treloar and Pendlebury at stoppages simultaneously, as they excel at extracting the ball at contests and destroying oppositions by doing what they do after they get the ball, they are average at best with the grunt work. Adams is all we have, De Goey could be the player we need. Still at least a top 6 midfield group in league and A- .

20 minutes into the second quarter, Taylor Adams has 13 disposals, 10 clangers (3 free kicks against), 46% efficiency and 4 #supercoach compared to his 35 Fantasy.

The most clangers ever recorded in a game is 13

A- LOL

Treloar wouldn't get a game at Richmond ATM. He's a very average player.
They'd still take him in a heartbeat.I believe he was carrying an injury today,having had injections in his groins during the week,so that would explain his poor performance today.

I was envious of Collingwood in 10 and 11. You guys forget how good you were for awhile there. You won a flag and nearly another. We haven't really done anything yet to be honest.

Do you think when asked, Treloar would come out and say that he chose the pies over tigers because they offered a better deal, cushy job for his girlfriend and a rookie spot for his best mate? Of course he is going to spout a cliche about us having a great list. If his motivation was to play with a superior list, he would still be at GWS.

Stats wise, compare games missed by best 22 players for Pies and Tigers in a year so competitive that 17th can frequently knock off 1st.

As for looking down on us, Richmond haven't achieved anything yet and are just as likely to lose the unloseable as they are to win.

A C grade team coached by a D grade coach would get blown out of the water on a weekly basis. This isn't happening.

This time last year the exact same thing was said about Richmond. They kept their besieged coach and made minimal list changes. Are you advocating that we follow the same blueprint?

Yes, we are 5-8 now. That's a stat. Everything else is just emotion and opinion.
agreed, I've been saying it all year that a are a genuine key forward short of being top 4. put in a Cameron / Gunston / Riewolt ( jack )

Richmonds list are at a different stage to us and don't forget how much of a basket case they were only 12 months ago. There was the Focus on Footy board challenge, the only thing saving hardwick being a parge contract pay out and no hope in sight.

When we are on we can beat anyone and things can shift quickly
Richmond's list isn't really much better than ours anyway. The 2 areas they smash us in are key backs and small forwards. They are a great example/ and the bulldogs as well/ of how the system and buy in from everyone is as important as the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar and the better team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back