trent cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Palmer is a MAD EAGLES FAN and would love to be at the club said it proudly he would be delighted to be at the eagles. Boy he has some running power looks explosive of the mark and can finish off too.

He also looks good in the clearences. We can use pick 3 to pick him up.

Rhys Palmer is a MAD EAGLES FAN and would love to be at the club said it proudly he would be delighted to be at the eagles. Boy he has some running power looks explosive of the mark and can finish off too.

sorted then

Cotchin at 1 & Palmer at 3

I thought Palmer was a Massive Freo Supporter???

Also that article about Cotchin doesnt sound too good for us, he could do a Judd and walk away from us down the track.

Dudes why pick him over Morton.I reckon if there is like 5 stand out players as good as each other you always go for your home grown players no matter what unless the number 1 pick is miles ahead of them.

Trent Cotchin might end up the best player or the biggest disappointment in years time, but drafting a interstate player is always a risk in my opinion.

If i had my way at my club if our interstate players become really good like Russell and Hartlett,i would trade them for similiar players that are from that state who were from Victoria.

Dudes why pick him over Morton.I reckon if there is like 5 stand out players as good as each other you always go for your home grown players no matter what unless the number 1 pick is miles ahead of them.

Trent Cotchin might end up the best player or the biggest disappointment in years time, but drafting a interstate player is always a risk in my opinion.

If i had my way at my club if our interstate players become really good like Russell and Hartlett,i would trade them for similiar players that are from that state who were from Victoria.

If only you had tried that 6 years ago when we drafted the Vic Metro U18 captain.. then we would never be in this Judd mess and we'd be riding the Polak boat to glory.

Yeah, so might any other player in the AFL. Whats the difference. You've got a better chance of picking up the best, by choosing the best.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22528748-23211,00.html

interesting read.... looks like the fallout has begun

Mr Cotchin said Trent didn't want to move to Perth and wanted to start his AFL career in his home state.

"He doesn't want to go there. He wants to stay in Melbourne," he said. "He loves his family and friends and he wants to share it with everyone else."

Isn't that draft tempering? If I remember correctly there was an incident a couple years back when a players father got into trouble for saying similar things.

Mr Cotchin said Trent didn't want to move to Perth and wanted to start his AFL career in his home state.

"He doesn't want to go there. He wants to stay in Melbourne," he said. "He loves his family and friends and he wants to share it with everyone else."

Isn't that draft tempering? If I remember correctly there was an incident a couple years back when a players father got into trouble for saying similar things.
Ben McKinley said the exact same thing 2 years ago - now he doesn't want to move back.

It is a natural reaction from a parent not to want your kids on the other side of the country. I packed up may family and moved to Melbourne for work about 6 weeks ago and my mother-in-law is still upset - and my wife's 10 years older than these kids.

Fair enough. its not like we want another Emo-Mommy's boy girlie guts in the squad anyways. Its a sad day when teenage drafties are dictating stuff like they have all this earnt respect and rights..atypical of society in general with the youth of today thinking the world owes them something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record, i dont think it matters jack what his dad says..

Most 17yo kids ( i think) dont give a s&#t what goes on at the club provided they get along with the guys and the club is going somewhere.

Im sorry but to think that Trent and his dad are of the same opinion is definitely drawing a long bow.

Get the kid here, his family will sook for a while, and then show him what the club is really about and he'll stay.

For the record, i dont think it matters jack what his dad says..

Most 17yo kids ( i think) dont give a s&#t what goes on at the club provided they get along with the guys and the club is going somewhere.

Im sorry but to think that Trent and his dad are of the same opinion is definitely drawing a long bow.

Get the kid here, his family will sook for a while, and then show him what the club is really about and he'll stay.

One would hope....

We should just get the best talent out there.

Get them over here, hook them up with a good looking WA girl who isn't too career minded or up herself (I'm sure you know the type I'm refering too:eek:).

Then again I like Palmer as well.

If say we get pick 1 + 3 or 3 + 7 will we opt for Crotchin + Palmer, two mids or do we use a low pick on more KPP's?

I read the newspaper article in the Herald Sun about Trent Cotchin and I understand they were his dad's words but I think the club should have a serious think before they decide to pick up the youngster.

What people must remember is he is only 17, he is only a young teenager. I was that age 4 years ago and I would have hated being forced to live over the other side of the country away from friends and family. He wants to grow up with his mates, you can't blame a young kid for that and I would think the clubs recent issues over the last 12months would contribute to that as well.

Unfortunately, this is a circumstance will continue to raise its ugly head with the current issues at the club, its not something that can be swept under the carpet and unfortunately the club will have its reputation tarnished for some time with the long list of misdemeanours in the last 12-24months. We have to cop it on the chin unfortunately.

Really if he is the best player we can get with a pick we have then we should gett him but there is also the worry that he could turn out like Judd. Does that mean you go for someone like Palmer instead or take a risk?

Really if he is the best player we can get with a pick we have then we should gett him but there is also the worry that he could turn out like Judd. Does that mean you go for someone like Palmer instead or take a risk?

I think people should realise that turning out like Judd would be a great result

Best and fairest
AA
Captain of premiership
Norm Smith
Brownlow

Even if Judd leaves for free, and west coast get nothing for him, I dont think they would regret the decision of drafting him at pick 3 in 2001.

He stayed 7 years, played 130odd games, and was a champion.

Thats why west coast have to draft the best players available, If Cotchin is it, then so be it, if he wants to go home eventually then so be it. Its the contribution he makes while he plays their that matters.

if cothcin plays 130 judd like games and wants to go back to melbourne, and in doing so gets west coast pick 1 & 3 and then some, I dont think woosha would be too upset.;)

I think people should realise that turning out like Judd would be a great result

Best and fairest
AA
Captain of premiership
Norm Smith
Brownlow

Even if Judd leaves for free, and west coast get nothing for him, I dont think they would regret the decision of drafting him at pick 3 in 2001.

He stayed 7 years, played 130odd games, and was a champion.

Thats why west coast have to draft the best players available, If Cotchin is it, then so be it, if he wants to go home eventually then so be it. Its the contribution he makes while he plays their that matters.

if cothcin plays 130 judd like games and wants to go back to melbourne, and in doing so gets west coast pick 1 & 3 and then some, I dont think woosha would be too upset.;)

I think Woosha would rather have Judd than picks 3, 20 and Kennedy though.

I can understand everyone's argument, however put yourself in his shoes (assuming you are a gun football) or his parents shoes, you can't half blame them for not wanting their son moving across the other side of the country at 17 away from all his family/friends.

Lets be honest, as a parent looking at the Eagles from the outside with all the negative publicity we receive, can you blame him for not wanting his son coming to the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

trent cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back